[Game Update] - 493827

• Developer

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the first patch of 2022! Just a few minor things we’ve been working on since Spaced Out! launched in December. 

Highlights include: 

• WeGame mod support 
  • Fixes for Linux worldgen issues 
  • Helped Sweepys get a little more confidence…they’re no longer afraid of everything, just critters
  • Adjustments to meters on many buildings when using colorblind settings
  • Critters won’t idle where Pneumatic Doors are being constructed anymore
  • Plenty of crash and bug fixes

Check out the full patch notes below to see all the other things we’ve fixed or polished. 

You can continue to report bugs here

Also: keep an eye out for our 2022 roadmap! It explains what’s happening behind the scenes at ONI, and where things will be going for the next little while. We’ll link to that post here by the end of this week. 

Update: The January 2022 Roadmap is posted. You can view it here.

Full Patch Notes

Spoiler

Patch 493472

Features

• All versions
    • Added WeGame modding support.

Changes and Improvements

• All Versions
    • Adjustments to meters on many buildings when using colorblind settings.
    • Adjusted lineweight for Electric Grill.
    • Adjusted lineweight for Gas Range.
    • Updated localizations.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Enclosed Telescope now shows sunburn and Radiation protection percentages in building effects description.
    • Experiment 52B now lists kcal to resin kg conversion ratio in Database entry.
    • Planetoids in the Starmap now display Peak Lux and Cosmic Radiation values in the World Traits section of their details panel. 
    • Added info about sunburn/radiation protection to Enclosed Telescope description.
    • Added trait icons to the World Traits section of the planetoid detail panel.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Linux: Fixed issue where world traits were different from Windows/OSX.
    • Fixed issue where Neural Vacillator could not be used after recharging.
    • Prevented crash caused by loading large colony preview images.
    • Restored consumable screen table header tooltips. Also fixed weird image size change on hover.
    • Critters no longer idle where an under construction Pneumatic Doors is placed.
    • Sweepys
      • Sweepys are no longer afraid of literally everything; now they are only afraid of critters.
      • Potential fixes for rare Sweepy crashes when unloading or charging at a Sweepy's Dock.
      • When a Sweepy explodes, it no longer deposits its displayed object under the ground.
      • Sweepy sweeping text no longer overlaps picked up resource text.
    • Suits
      • Duplicants equipping a suit that needs charging now first put on the suit before running to the suit dock.
      • Suit storage is now only used when the suit is actually equipped; it's not enough for it to be assigned.
      • Updated worn suit repair strings to point to the correct building.
      • Removed equippable prioritizable on chore cancel.
    • Fixed Glass Forge FX flicker
    • Fixed comet detector tooltip indicating "Good" quality regardless of actual quality.
    • Fixed mass display rounding error on cell selection tooltip.
    • Major/Minor Eye Irritation debuff strings are now consistent.
    • Fixed some typos in the Database.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed issue where Rocket restrictions were sometimes applied incorrectly on load if the Rocket Control Station was loaded after the other buildings.
    • Fixed issue where copy settings on farm plots would plant the wrong mutation of seed.
    • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when research finishes while using the Materials Study Terminal.
    • Fixed crash when a Rover was given a Balloon. Robots are not allowed to have balloons due to implementation constraints.
    • Refreshed crew panel onspawn so 'crew' or 'all' highlights correctly on the first click.
    • Solid tiles inside a Rocket beside the door now prevent Duplicants from navigating through them.
    • Fixed deconstructed buildings tiles affecting Radiation-blocking values.
    • Trailblazer Landers no longer deploy multiple Duplicants or allow Duplicants from the surface to teleport up to the Rocket in orbit.
    • Fixed missing “Too Much Liquid” text on non-start worlds.
    • Fixed issue where rummaging satellites sometimes yielded unusable Data Banks intended for the base game.
    • Fixed crash when disinfecting a Radbolt Engine.
    • Fixed crash when deploying a Duplicant wearing a Lead Suit.
    • Radbolt Chamber no longer consumes a tiny amount of Radbolts on load. This fixes an issue where the output automation port is red on load.
    • Fixed crash deconstructing a Rocket with a Drillcone.
    • Fixed issues causing Rocket detail screen UI to sometimes show a previously selected Rocket's Artifact module information.
    • Strings
      • Fixed or added various links, including for Atmo Suit Dock and Atmo Suit Checkpoint in Atmo Suits tutorial.
      • updated Space POI descriptions to match current resources contained 
    • Performance
      • Significantly reduced memory allocations in Starmap calculations which was causing a performance issue.

Patch 493827

• Fixed issue where rocket interiors were inaccessible after moving a module
  • Fixed Gas Range visual glitch

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 6
  • Potato Cup 1

5 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

Helped Sweepys get a little more confidence…they’re no longer afraid of everything, just critters

Love this, much needed buff; the place I always need the most sweeping is the bottom of high-traffic ladders, which just so happened to be where Sweepy struggled the most to sweep.

Now just give me the option to bury my heroic Rovers in tasteful memorials instead of simply deconstructing them, and I will be pleased with the state of all my mechanical friends.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JarrettM said:

Also: keep an eye out for our 2022 roadmap! It explains what’s happening behind the scenes at ONI, and where things will be going for the next little while. We’ll link to that post here by the end of this week. 

Ask and you shall receive

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 5
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Critters won’t idle where Pneumatic Doors are being constructed anymore

What, that was not intentional?

Hehehe, just kidding. Great to hear from you folks again!

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Next ONI short: 

Abe is happily running around giving everyone balloons until he runs into Rover, who makes a negative sound and moves his "hands" down and away to not take a balloon.

Not to be dissuaded, Abe tapes the string of the balloon to Rover, in doing so Rover gets zapped with some static electricity and his face is transformed into a smile and the balloon carries him off into space... *outro music*

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'm not sure if this is a good place to suggest it, but could klei consider fixing/adding ranching exp on grooming since overall improvement of the game is currently being worked on? I know there's a mod that does this, but it would be nice if this functionality had true dev support. Unless, of course, this doesn't fit in the dev's vision on the skill, in which case, nvm i guess lol

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 4

22 hours ago, JarrettM said:

can we have polling session what community want, and request for merging usefull mod to stable game ? like pliers

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Xenocent said:

can we have polling session what community want, and request for merging usefull mod to stable game ? like pliers

Feel free to make poll thread yourself - I sometimes do that to both satisfy my curiosity and give Klei more quantified feedback. Klei does really good job when reacting to our feedback and they do read the forums. Eg. one of the DLC features (IMO best one, made my whole month) was enabling to demolish POI items, something requested a lot

Having this said - one need no poll to know that vox populi demands pliers, airlocks and diseases. DLC was a good opportunity to implement those, shame they did not, but I still hope

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 2:48 PM, JarrettM said:
  • Solid tiles inside a Rocket beside the door now prevent Duplicants from navigating through them.

Since yesterday's update I've now been having trouble where if you change/add/delete modules on a rocket, dupes can no longer navigate in or out. If they're outside they can navigate right to the door but not the space inside; if they're already inside they'll just idle. I'm guessing it might be related to this fix. It is extremely frustrating as I generally reconfigure rockets after every landing, especially during an exploratory away mission. The workaround is to save and reload but I'm late in the game and that process sometimes takes 3-5 minutes. I'll try to get you a save file and add it to the tracker but this is a pretty significant regression.

Update: Someone beat me to it, looks like they already wrote it up.

Edited by meekay
Add link to bug tracker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

We just added a few changes before the weekend to fix some issues we were seeing the previous build.

Build 493827

• Fixed issue where rocket interiors were inaccessible after moving a module
  • Fixed Gas Range visual glitch
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Big Ups 2

On 1/27/2022 at 9:48 PM, JarrettM said:

Suit storage is now only used when the suit is actually equipped; it's not enough for it to be assigned.

Lucky me, I've just recently find out that it is very nice exploit, when you lack of refined metal or reed fiber, but you need to stress out your duplicants to make them binge eat barbeque for carnivore achievement. It worked just perfectly - dupes who where wearing a suit, and got an assignment for suit, they unequipped the suit, but still had soiled suit debuff although they were not using a suit. This exploit helped me a lot to make carnivore achievement. I had 5 dupes stress out with soiled suit debuff although only having 3 suits overall.

• Haha 3

On 1/27/2022 at 8:48 PM, JarrettM said:

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the first patch of 2022! Just a few minor things we’ve been working on since Spaced Out! launched in December. 

Is it intentional that LAUNCHPLATFORM was renamed LAUNCHPAD in all but database strings? (STRINGS.CODEX.EXOBASES.PARAGRAPH_* and STRINGS.MISC.NOTIFICATIONS.SPACETRAVEL.MESSAGEBODY)