Rocket spacefarer module inaccessible after modifying rocket.

ChrisBit
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

After removing a module from further down the rocket, the spacefarer nosecone seems to become inaccessible for the dupes until after reloading. The dupes are not able to perform errands to the entities within the spacefarer nosecone nor will the crew enter it when the launch command is issued. Saving and loading solves the problem until next modification.

The rocket in question worked fine for a long time, performing several flights with modifications of the rocket in between, so I suppose something must have triggered this bug to start occuring. Possible causes I can think of:

1. Saving and loading the game - the rocket was working fine until the first time it was modified after save and load.
  2. Multiple rockets landing simultaneously - the first occurence happened just after both of my rockets landed next to each other almost simultaneously.
  3. Updating to version 493472 - the update was installed just before the first occurence

Just did a test on my other rocket, it also behaves the same. Deconstructing its battery module made the crew unable to enter when changing from "All" to "Crew".

--- Edit start ---

Tested loading an old autosave from long before this occured for the first time and found that it was happening there as well, so the multiple simultaneous landings have nothing to do with it.

Internal navigation shows that the interior is unreachable, as does the mouse over text:

1026700470_navigationint.thumb.jpg.fb5c9714aa5ab96c91ff006f45160cbc.jpg

External navigation shows that the door is accessible from outside.

643238032_navigationext.thumb.jpg.b402f2abc882ffbadd9378e5e1a3b30d.jpg

Savefile: savefile.sav

Steps to Reproduce

When you have such a bugged rocket: Deconstruct a module under the spacefarer nosecone and it becomes inaccessible.

I can provide a save where this is about to happen. Save file where this happens added. Just wait a few seconds for the module to deconstruct and the spacefarer nosecone becomes inaccessible.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm encountering this as well, and it is extremely frustrating in the late game.

Could be related to this change from yesterday's update:

• Solid tiles inside a Rocket beside the door now prevent Duplicants from navigating through them.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Here's a save file with repro scenario. I've left the screen centered on a rocket SS Wandering Jupiter XI.

• Immediately after load, find a dupe (Leira is down and to the right near my Drecko farm) and verify that they can navigate/Move To both to the capsule door and to the interior of the rocket.
  • Select the Orbital Cargo Module and change it to an Artifact Transport Module.
  • Briefly un-pause and then re-pause to get through the re-stack animation. No need to have the dupe actually build it.
  • Select the dupe again and verify that they can no longer navigate to the rocket's interior, although they should be able to.

Please prioritize.

The Luxury Facility.sav

Share this comment