Should wanda be nerfed?

Should wanda be nerfed?  

265 members have voted

1. 1. After all this time, do you think wanda should be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have Wanda
    • Wanda should be buffed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/22 at 05:22 PM

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean I don’t get the whole I’ll reroll my worlds until triple tusk spawns meta I see people post.. I don’t have the option to view my full map instantly so I actually have to take the time wandering around my map to know if MacTusk camps spawn, and even then your not guaranteed to get a tusk from killing him (I’ve killed him a few times and no loot at all dropped.. not sure if glitch or not but yeah.)

set them to more or lots so you dont need triple mctusk biome to farm them quickly

who cares what people do

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just carry more then one AW and most your healing problems are solved.

Okay, then I'd love to see your all bosses run. I do not believe a single person saying Wanda has no downsides actually plays Wanda. Maybe once or twice and they were like "fighting deerclops was so easy, man!" but anyone who actually played her for an extended period of time would see that her downsides definitely matter.

So go ahead, anyone saying she has no downsides. Let me see your raw unedited recording of you killing all the bosses without ever once coming into issues because of her downsides. Without ever once dying or needing to flee or anything of the sort.

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Okay, then I'd love to see your all bosses run. I do not believe a single person saying Wanda has no downsides actually plays Wanda. Maybe once or twice and they were like "fighting deerclops was so easy, man!" but anyone who actually played her for an extended period of time would see that her downsides definitely matter.

So go ahead, anyone saying she has no downsides. Let me see your raw unedited recording of you killing all the bosses without ever once coming into issues because of her downsides. Without ever once dying or needing to flee or anything of the sort.

without taking in count that 2 AW takes 2 slots just for 40 healing while wendy can have at day 3 a bundle filled with stacks of healing, lets say it only contains rosted tomatoes: 20 healing each x 40 units per stack x 4 stacks = 3200 healing in one slot. Clearly wanda op

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

without taking in count that 2 AW takes 2 slots just for 40 healing while wendy can have at day 3 a bundle filled with stacks of healing, lets say it only contains rosted tomatoes: 20 healing each x 40 units per stack x 4 stacks = 3200 healing in one slot. Clearly wanda op

Your only ever going off the assumption that people actually know how to obtain & continually use these things, And yes.. in the hands of a casual player who aren’t good enough at the game to gather better methods of healing- then playing as Wanda who gets free Healing AND Hits like a Truck when in danger of dying would be seen as “OP” not OP enough to need to be nerf’d, just OP compared to them trying to get spider glands for healing salves and dying in the process.

22 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

and your going off the assumption that just because Wanda CAN reach absurd levels of damage when on her death Bed that everyone plays her always in Elderly status,  Lag prevents any “sane” human being from wanting to stay in Elderly Status as Wanda so there still is a “Young Wanda” group of players out there, And her Weapon is still better then a Hambat that spoils over-time.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your only ever going off the assumption that people actually know how to obtain & continually use these things,

You can’t base a nerf discussion around presumed ignorance.  You can’t have a topic about whether to nerf a character and then say something like, well only nerds know about 85% of the content of the game—very casual players who were greatly impacted by the Great Bunny Stew Nerf would be so OP with Wanda.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your only ever going off the assumption that people actually know how to obtain & continually use these things, And yes.. in the hands of a casual player who aren’t good enough at the game to gather better methods of healing- then playing as Wanda who gets free Healing AND Hits like a Truck when in danger of dying would be seen as “OP” not OP enough to need to be nerf’d, just OP compared to them trying to get spider glands for healing salves and dying in the process.

do you really think that someone who doesnt know how to farm tomatoes or make pierOPies or even kill 1 spiders can play wanda? man, take your pills

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

and your going off the assumption that just because Wanda CAN reach absurd levels of damage when on her death Bed that everyone plays her always in Elderly status,  Lag prevents any “sane” human being from wanting to stay in Elderly Status as Wanda so there still is a “Young Wanda” group of players out there, And her Weapon is still better then a Hambat that spoils over-time.

Shadow armour

Also her young Wanda form is literally mid age one but not that strong, so people don't use it that often

Reason why people don't stay in her old status is being slower at everything

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

and your going off the assumption that just because Wanda CAN reach absurd levels of damage when on her death Bed t

No she can't. Her damage is comparable to Wendy's and a little less than Wolfgang. It isn't absurd at all.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lag prevents any “sane” human being from wanting to stay in Elderly Status as Wanda so there still is a “Young Wanda” group of players out there, And her Weapon is still better then a Hambat that spoils over-time.

"A ham bat that doesn't spoil" isn't exactly amazing as a character's entire perk.

14 minutes ago, abrocator said:
  1. Can’t mass-make pierogies
  2. … But can make a shadow manipulator to make the alarming clock

Fair point, but do you think the Wilson asking where base is has even figured out how to make a crockpot?

If a new Wanda player on Xbox joins my world they’re going to find a Shadow Manipulator in my worlds for purely decorative base design purposes so they’re going to have instant access to this tier of Magic just from joining my worlds..

My point wasn’t about the Alarming Clock, it was about the Healing on a Cooldown Timer- let’s try some fun scenarios 

“we all like scenarios right?” Your very new to the DST franchise and highly casual friend wants to play as Woodie because “Cool free infinite durability axe” this Friend of yours also has a very bad habit of chopping every tree in sight because “infinite durability axe” which because this friend is playing Woodie.. also spawns Treeguards more often & while it is absolutely Hilarious to hear your friend scream into his Xbox headset in sheer terror the first few times he spawns them and dies.. Eventually that friend gets the ingenious idea that since your so good at the game.. they’re going to run and hide behind you so you deal with their pursuing tree guards for them.

Now I know that as a high skilled expert player this won’t be a problem for you, but let’s also factor in that when your friend is in your world their crappy internet makes your game lag more then usual and ask yourself do you still feel comfortable enough fighting off those tree guards when your 5yrs away from dying as Elderly Wanda or are you going to fight those Treeguards at 20 yrs of Age and survive any potential lag spikes?

Now let’s try another scenario, your out in a boating trip as Wanda and you have with you 2-3 Ageless Watches and some basic football helmet armor, no food at all.. & then suddenly a RockJaw shark jumps onto your boat..

Lets pause right here and insert oh I don’t know let’s just say Wurt into her place.

So now your Wurt, your out on that same boat you have no AW’s, no food and a rock jaw just jumped aboard your boat.
Your going to Die right here to this RockJaw because you brought no methods of healing 

Now let’s put Wanda back on this boat and spam the heck out of her AW’s to reverse her damage, and continue on your boating trip.

In the above scenario would you or would you not agree Wanda OP?

As land Wurt I always carry at least 20 healing salves and I will sure as heck carry at least that if not 40 while I am on the godforsaken ocean.  One single rock jaw wouldn’t be a problem unless some shadow creature comes and messes with me at the same time.

I also always bring two merm body guards when going far like the moon island or Pearl’s Island exactly because of stupid BS encounters like that.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Fair point, but do you think the Wilson asking where base is has even figured out how to make a crockpot?

If a new Wanda player on Xbox joins my world they’re going to find a Shadow Manipulator in my worlds for purely decorative base design purposes so they’re going to have instant access to this tier of Magic just from joining my worlds..

idk - They don't know how to make a crock pot, but joining your base they get instant t2 magic.  I imagine you have a crock pot in your base too, purely for design purposes.  Do they not instantly have access to this too?

Also if they don't know how to build a crock pot do you think they know what's even in t2 magic tab?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

In the above scenario would you or would you not agree Wanda OP?

idk how you would consider Wanda OP for that.  Let try to be fair - Wanda has her weapon and 2 AW, so lets give Wurt a weapon and some healing too.  Rock Jaws are annoying so they both get hit when the rock jaw initially jumped on the boat, but are able to dodge out and handle the situation (rather than just eating multiple bursts and they both die) well - both lived.  Both are now able to recover their health and move on with their lives.

If they don't know how to handle the rock jaw - or aren't wearing armor - then they'll probably both die, AW isn't going to save you.  Maybe AC would because it can out range rock jaw, but that requires you know how to handle the situation so idk if we can count on that.

2 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

I got lost trying to understand what argument Mike is even trying to make.

Hypotheticals, hypotheticals, something about wurt, umm. Uhh, lag kills you or something?  I think the point they are trying to make is in casual encounters that Wanda doesn't lose much, so their proposal is to make Wanda bad at these everyday encounters, idk.

Anyways, mike, hypotheticals aren't really a good idea, they don't get us anywhere, use real examples. For example, as Wanda I get to kill pigs next to my base very easily but if I was a wicker, it would have been slightly harder. Or as Wanda when I was trying to kill killer bee's with the Air conditioner, it was a bit tedious because of the slower attack speed, however if I was wicker it would have been incredibly easy with a good old spear because I could get 1 attack in and then move back. 

Wanda as a character is pretty balanced to be honest, My main issues was her forever revive, but other than that you either need to be very good at kiting to win fights, or get some parmesean or cheddar out. 

If the alarming clocks damage was changed I'd be alright, a character refresh isn't what in expecting but a few changes would be good. 

Also her head looks like an upside down hand-spade

Wanda should be nerfed in that she actually is in danger of dying when old. Night armor and thulecite make her way too resilient.

She has very strong perks, not needing cooked food or healing, ranged weapon which makes fights less dangerous, teleports, i frames etc. 

She needs penalties to match her strength.

She does NOT need damage nerfs or other bs

1 minute ago, reallychina said:

Wanda should be nerfed in that she actually is in danger of dying when old. Night armor and thulecite make her way too resilient.

She has very strong perks, not needing cooked food or healing, ranged weapon which makes fights less dangerous. 

She needs penalties to match her strength.

It's impossible to die as Wanda because you're so good at dodging, which is why it's OP AF that you don't need to get healing items as her.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

It's impossible to die as Wanda because you're so good at dodging, which is why it's OP AF that you don't need to get healing items as her.

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yes, for nerds adicted to dst, for regular people she isnt a pick to take into a count

Why are you trying to be smart a-s?

The point is that she has 3 separate stages, 2 of which already offer plenty of protection and the clock has the highest damage in the game, EVEN WHEN YOUNG.

Insane damage and range should come at a real cost, considering range already makes every attack easier to dodge and even allows you to hold F on a shadow creature.

3 minutes ago, reallychina said:

The point is that she has 3 separate stages, 2 of which already offer plenty of protection and the clock has the highest damage in the game, EVEN WHEN YOUNG.

Insane damage and range should come at a real cost, considering range already makes every attack easier to dodge and even allows you to hold F on a shadow creature.

i really wanna see people like you playing without server mods, rollbacks or cheese methods

is true that middle age has too much for not so much risk but if being a wigfrid that cant heal like every character and has late game teleportation is op i cant understand why there arent more topics about nerfing wigfrid, wolfgang, woodie, wolfgang, wendy...

maybe the problem is that you are so pro

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i really wanna see people like you playing without server mods, rollbacks or cheese methods

is true that middle age has too much for not so much risk but if being a wigfrid that cant heal like every character and has late game teleportation is op i cant understand why there arent more topics about nerfing wigfrid, wolfgang, woodie, wolfgang, wendy...

maybe the problem is that you are so pro

I dont rollback or chese and use minimal sever mods like geometric, status and other stuff that has no impact on gameplay. The only one that is arguably impactful is forcing triple mac because i'm not going to waste my real life time on idiotic rng

again, the point is that if one wants to be safe with wanda, there are already 2 life stages with very good damage and all the perks like free healing, teleportation etc. included

maybe the problem is you can't argue like a normal person but instead retort to passive aggressive bs

17 minutes ago, reallychina said:

Yeah it does come at a great cost. Just because you like to lie and pretend like it's impossible to die as her doesn't make it true. If you really want to be mad at damage bonuses for little to no cost go complain about Wendy and Wigfrid. Even Wolfgang, based on your weird interpretations of how things are.

P.S. Not sure where you're getting "highest damage in the game" from. Last I checked 100%, 120%, and 175% are in fact smaller than 200%.

2 minutes ago, reallychina said:

status, forcing triple mac

Lol

3 minutes ago, reallychina said:

status and other stuff that has no impact on gameplay.

pick one lmao

4 minutes ago, reallychina said:

maybe the problem is you can't argue like a normal person but instead retort to passive aggressive bs

the problem is reading biased opinions

the only extraordinary thing about wanda is having a late game tp network which for you is easier since you "dont waste your real life time on idiotic rng"

29 minutes ago, reallychina said:

retort to passive aggressive bs

Welcome to the dumpster fire that is this thread :mrgreen:

Every single critique of Wanda gets rabidly refuted like it’s a life-and-death situation :lol:

Archived