What were the best character reworks

What were the best character reworks?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the character reworks did you like the most?

• Webber
    • Wendy
    • Wes
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wigfrid
    • Woodie
    • Warly
    • Winona
  2. 2. Why did you like that one the best?

• It helped improve the character overall
    • I like the lore
    • I just don't really care about the other ones

For me it was Willow, because I love that they expanded upon what was already given to her by giving herself some exclusive benefits that also help the team. Bernie can still be used as an assist tool, but can now act as a giant distraction if she herself is insane. :D

Woodie is a very close second because of how much fun his new forms are.

Wes would be third, because I really liked how he was changed from a liability to a psuedo-support character. Who could be mad at the mime who just handed you a temporary walking cane? 

1 hour ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Where's the Wolfgang votes...... Why didn't anyone vote for my boy.....70yBX2Y.gif.a173137b9436a42836af65f32bc4cf2a.gif

They wanted me to pick my best and worst.. Wolfgang is somewhere in the Middle.. so no votes for him

BUT if it’s any consolation prize: He’s my second longest day game save at the moment (yes even beating out Wendy’s world)

On PC this might not mean much due to having infinite world saves, but on Xbox we can only have 5 save slots and WOLFGANG is Currently the second longest of those 5.. Florp.

D5888504-B77E-44B1-ACD6-5490614A71EC.thumb.png.acf03faa08bad2f798e59b29d1558763.png

Warly, Willow, and Wendy are my top picks.

Warly's kit is a fantastic addition to the game, with a meaningful downside and ups that both benefit himself and the team in a meaningful way.

Willow's was just good, nothing that breaks the character or anything, but gave them an interesting perk with Bernie, and of course the great Qol changes

Wendy's was just good. Her character is great, and she got meaningful ups, I just wish she got a downside that's completely negated by one of her perks

Also 0 votes for Wolfgang is so funny.

Wendy. The improvements to Abigail's AI and more control over her were everything I wanted. Abigail also becoming much better at fulfilling her purpose (fighting crowds) with the shield is greatly appreciated too. She still struggles with most bosses, but that's ok.

I like Willow's rework too, it just needs more QoL features (just make big Bernie teleport to you so he doesn't get lost and make it so punching him turns him small and ready to get picked up).

Wigfrid's rework was just nice, safe and solid.

Warly I hate the most because of the jelly. Not because it gives you a truckload of damage, but because it doesn't work with morning star in any way at all. :P

Wolfgang was one of my least favorite characters before his rework; he was just so boring! While I definitely haven’t become a Wolfgang main, I’d say the rework made him more fun for me and now I will actually consider him when choosing a character. Wigfrid gets bonus points because I liked the main menu music when her rework arrived, though.

Warly followed by or tied with Wormwood.

You forgot to include Wormwood in the poll :crushed:

Edit: I like the other refreshes too, i just think Warly and Wormwood are the closest to perfection. Warly's pouch and duration of temperature dishes could still use some tweaking though. Similarly, Wormwood's bramble crafts could be more interesting and he still lacks a meaningful plant ally in DST. I was hoping he would get to interact with the Mush Gnomes in some way but no :sad:

Spoiler

A bit behind them id place Woodie and Wolfgang.

Ive been getting into Woodie lately and i think hes really fun and unique, late game you have to intentionally choose to keep using his wereforms though since by then there are "better" alternatives. So something extra for that part of the game wouldve probably put him with Warly and Wormwood at the top. Moose is also slightly undertuned i think. A bit more damage and 175 hp wouldnt break the game. 

Wolfgang has also become a lot more fun imo and fullfils his "Strongman" fantasy way better. The three changes compiled in Toroic's latest thread would really round him out nicely i think. In particular i really want to see dumbells being better as weapons: less durability drain and double damage when thrown. 

Behind them id place Willow 

Willow needs BERNIE! QoL changes like following through caves etc. Wouldve been nice if she got to make use of fire in a unqiue way though. She doesnt really live up to the "Firestarter" title and the Willow from her cinematic. 

------ All the rest are just at the same tier for me/no strong opinions either way. 

Besides Wigfrid. She feels really incomplete without spear throwing and Fireproof Falsetto is a complete joke. Startling Soliloquy and Rude Interlude need much longer durations to actually be useful as well. 

9 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

My favorite is the spider rework.

Reveal hidden contents

No, not Webber. The spider smile.

1785161761_Screenshotfrom2022-01-1110-21-23.png.c9272fa7dcaf6099a46a4de60ab0c6bf.png

It was pretty great

3 hours ago, Ohan said:

Warly followed by or tied with Wormwood.

You forgot to include Wormwood in the poll :crushed:

Edit: I like the other refreshes too, i just think Warly and Wormwood are the closest to perfection. Warly's pouch and duration of temperature dishes could still use some tweaking though. Similarly, Wormwood's bramble crafts could be more interesting and he still lacks a meaningful plant ally in DST. I was hoping he would get to interact with the Mush Gnomes in some way but no :sad:

Reveal hidden contents

A bit behind them id place Woodie and Wolfgang.

Ive been getting into Woodie lately and i think hes really fun and unique, late game you have to intentionally choose to keep using his wereforms though since by then there are "better" alternatives. So something extra for that part of the game wouldve probably put him with Warly and Wormwood at the top. Moose is also slightly undertuned i think. A bit more damage and 175 hp wouldnt break the game. 

Wolfgang has also become a lot more fun imo and fullfils his "Strongman" fantasy way better. The three changes compiled in Toroic's latest thread would really round him out nicely i think. In particular i really want to see dumbells being better as weapons: less durability drain and double damage when thrown. 

Behind them id place Willow 

Willow needs BERNIE! QoL changes like following through caves etc. Wouldve been nice if she got to make use of fire in a unqiue way though. She doesnt really live up to the "Firestarter" title and the Willow from her cinematic. 

------ All the rest are just at the same tier for me/no strong opinions either way. 

Besides Wigfrid. She feels really incomplete without spear throwing and Fireproof Falsetto is a complete joke. Startling Soliloquy and Rude Interlude need much longer durations to actually be useful as well. 

I forgot he got reworked. Now I'm kind of annoyed that I forgot to add my second favorite character...

Webber's rework made him a lot more team friendly and made amassing a spider army much more dynamic so I'd probably go with him. Technically the spider 'rework' came with Webber's so that's a cherry on top. Also, you can save spiders from extinction now. So if someone ever decides to wipe out the lunar spiders for example, boom, Jurassic Park.

21 minutes ago, Szmorcsz said:

Webber's rework made him a lot more team friendly and made amassing a spider army much more dynamic so I'd probably go with him. Technically the spider 'rework' came with Webber's so that's a cherry on top. Also, you can save spiders from extinction now. So if someone ever decides to wipe out the lunar spiders for example, boom, Jurassic Park.

I thought Webber's rework was very good at improving his character. The additions of nurse spiders and switcherdoodles made him even stronger than he already was. Now you can tank bosses without needing much healing supplies! 

10 minutes ago, Octohunter777 said:

If that did happen I would be quite confused. 

Woodies lore wasn’t revealed in his own animated short, but it has been expanded through his compendium and also through other characters animated shorts: You can technically say Woodie has more lore outside of his own short.. but lore is still lore so I wouldn’t be confused if someone votes “I like his lore”

well now that time has passed, what about the least favourit one?

for me that would be wendy
reason is because she now became an even biger afk character
she has a boring personality, litteraly everything she talks about is death and how she wants to die like all the time,
alsol the fact that like 90% of servers i see have at least 1 or even up to 3 wendys in that server, makin it of most boring, i dont like boring
alsol i hate her ear destroying voice she has, even more so because im a person that hears things stronger then others

now its time for them to show up and tell me how im wrong

2 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

well now that time has passed, what about the least favourit one?

for me that would be wendy
reason is because she now became an even biger afk character
she has a boring personality, litteraly everything she talks about is death and how she wants to die like all the time,
alsol the fact that like 90% of servers i see have at least 1 or even up to 3 wendys in that server, makin it of most boring, i dont like boring
alsol i hate her ear destroying voice she has, even more so because im a person that hears things stronger then others

now its time for them to show up and tell me how im wrong

I mean Wendy does have a lighter side. Both Wendy and Webber have quotes relating to each other that can be pretty funny. 

her voice can be kinda of annoying though

3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

It can get a bit tedious.  But Wendy is a girl who cares about the big questions.  Why live?  Camus would say that life is absurd and that we should embrace that absurdity.  Wendy counters that absurdity just makes her want to die. 

You have to have AFK abilities when you’re such a philosopher.

Contrast with Warly who just relates everything to food.  Comme c'est banal !

Surprised Wormwood wasn't included in the list.
Since the Reap What You Sow update Wormwood has changed so much compared to before. Absolutely love the changes they made to him with that patch. Sure it didn't add any lore to the best tree friend but it sure did make him feel so much better to play.

49 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Surprised Wormwood wasn't included in the list.
Since the Reap What You Sow update Wormwood has changed so much compared to before. Absolutely love the changes they made to him with that patch. Sure it didn't add any lore to the best tree friend but it sure did make him feel so much better to play.

As I said earlier, I forgot to add him. 

Before I complain more abt no multiple-choice questions (The title even says what are some of the the best character REWORKS WITH AN S), I'll share the rework I enjoyed the most.

Wendy's rework was overall the best imo. She went straight from lame and bland to something that's a bit op.

I love how we can summon Abigail now, I used to be gasping for air as I waited for the third day to arrive back then

1 hour ago, Octohunter777 said:

As I said earlier, I forgot to add him. 

Then edit the post 

7 hours ago, Octohunter777 said:

If that did happen I would be quite confused. 

They didn't really reveal it in his short, but Woodie still has lore, so why would I be confused?

Archived