What were the best character reworks

What were the best character reworks?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the character reworks did you like the most?

• Webber
    • Wendy
    • Wes
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wigfrid
    • Woodie
    • Warly
    • Winona
  2. 2. Why did you like that one the best?

• It helped improve the character overall
    • I like the lore
    • I just don't really care about the other ones

Generally message to everyone telling me I forgot Wormwood or that the poll is not multiple choice, I know. I cannot figure out how to edit the poll so at least for the time being it is most likely not going to change. 

Thank you for the feedback. On a side note, I had no idea Warly was so popular. 

44 minutes ago, Octohunter777 said:

Generally message to everyone telling me I forgot Wormwood or that the poll is not multiple choice, I know. I cannot figure out how to edit the poll so at least for the time being it is most likely not going to change. 

Thank you for the feedback. On a side note, I had no idea Warly was so popular. 

I think being single choice is good - ppl have to actually pick their favorite / best, not just flag half the ones they deem passable while shading the 1-2 they didn't like XD

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Right, but when the devs ported him over to DST, they considered it a refresh unlike Wormwood. Either way it's not important, I was just pointing out that OP was "technically" correct.

I can answer this question for you- Don’t Starve Shipwrecked was already released on Consoles when DST came out and introduced Warly so he wasn’t a Brand New DLC Character for the franchise because he was in the previous DLC-

MEANWHILE Hamlet did not come out for consoles until AFTER DST and Wormwood were released: So for Console Players.. Our first introduction to Wormwood was as a Brand New DLC Character.

It is important to note that DST is also labeled and sold as a & I quote “Standalone expansion to the single player game” 

So it is extremely likely that someday (maybe not anytime soon but someday..) the rest of the single player cast will find their way into DST.

I just wish Klei would finally confirm or deny that once and for all with the 2022 Roadmap.. let us know they’ll be brought over eventually or let us know we can stop hoping for them to get the Warly/Wormwood Treatment.

15 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

For some reason, Warly was considered a refresh while Wormwood was considered a DLC character. I don't know why that is. Maybe just because they made him free.

image.thumb.png.b07d42ad52911477a54d5dc17365ae32.png

Because Warly's kit got changed up while wormwood was a direct 1 to 1 port

On 1/10/2022 at 8:20 PM, Kemthazul said:

I'm surprised Warly is among the highest. One would think a praised rework would make him garner a larger active fanbase but from what I'm seeing he's basically a swap character for long term worlds.

I'm mostly a pub player where it rarely lasts long yet I enjoy warly there since that is his weak point.. well the first season at least until there can be a handful of garlic to be made.

I still like Warly's rework the most nonetheless, the increased flavor (heh), and having that power fantasy of being a chef that can dole out very strong effects to everyone, with actual downsides to compensate.

I wish every character had the same ratio of upside:downside as Warly. This is why I hate Wendy's rework. So much upside, for what, a 0.75% damage modifier that is easily negated? Now that's disproportionate. 

You would be surprised most people don't actually use the portal and Warly actually has one of the best end games where as other early game characters like Wolfgang and Wortox begin to fall off.

Which other characters do you think have good late/end games?

17 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

You would be surprised most people don't actually use the portal and Warly actually has one of the best end games where as other early game characters like Wolfgang and Wortox begin to fall off.

I would think Wickerbottom, Warly, and maybe Webber but I would like to know what you think

4 hours ago, Octohunter777 said:

Which other characters do you think have good late/end games?

I would think Wickerbottom, Warly, and maybe Webber but I would like to know what you think

I'm of the same mind honestly most of the cast either falls off or stays static tho I do believe Wigfrid and Wanda also have good late games Wigfrid with her crown and Wanda with her fast travel kit.

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't disagree that Warly has one of the best endgames, spicy volt goat jelly alone is enough to put him out there as one of the best DPS characters. The "problem" is that these are somewhat independent from him, hence being a swap character.

Most people don't actually use the portal in a sense that most people don't get to see a full year in DST. Heck, I have to point out that I have seasonings available, or "oh look I left some spicy dishes in the fridge!" in if I was able to grow some decent peppers in pubs. Warly has a strong showing here in the forums, where most are experienced/knowledgeable players. But ok I'm derailing a bit.

Just shocked that Woodie and Warly are up there, Wendy is to be expected, she's a pub all-star and fighting bees and spiders are enough to solve one's hunger issues indefinitely. Pulling out of me arse here, but goes to show the dissonance between the silent majority and the forums.

Wendy hands down. Ik i will get much love and hate for saying that but here it is: i like to sit next to 15 tier 3 spider dens, wearing a bq crown and watching my dead sister annihilate the hordes of spiders.

It's also cool to fight bosses like fw bq or toad with abigail after having given her proper medicine.

2 hours ago, Kemthazul said:

I don't disagree that Warly has one of the best endgames, spicy volt goat jelly alone is enough to put him out there as one of the best DPS characters. The "problem" is that these are somewhat independent from him, hence being a swap character.

Most people don't actually use the portal in a sense that most people don't get to see a full year in DST. Heck, I have to point out that I have seasonings available, or "oh look I left some spicy dishes in the fridge!" in if I was able to grow some decent peppers in pubs. Warly has a strong showing here in the forums, where most are experienced/knowledgeable players. But ok I'm derailing a bit.

Just shocked that Woodie and Warly are up there, Wendy is to be expected, she's a pub all-star and fighting bees and spiders are enough to solve one's hunger issues indefinitely. Pulling out of me arse here, but goes to show the dissonance between the silent majority and the forums.

I mean even if you completely ignore the jelly by the endgame his kit offers faster resource gathering, doesn't need light or environmental gear for boss fights, gives access to the highest defense stats and makes the highest hp and sanity boosting dishes also by the late game his hunger should be a non issue due to his extra filling dishes yea you can swap to get these benefits but it's not like you can't for nearly every other character as well especially combat characters like Wolfgang and Wigfrid who serve no real purpose outside of bossing

I picked Woodie. And while I really like the goose form and running over water, it's the second best thing of his rework for me. The first being night vision on demand, but with downsides and no need of fuel.

It's just so fun to use this to avoid charlie, while always choosing a different form to do so depending on your situation. I like the optimisation process, that you have to think how to best manage your hunger, how to save on the lightsources you have, how to manage your sanity, that you have to keep in mind the moon phase and that you have to put down your helmet and hand slot before transformation. Keeping an eye on how much MonsterMeat you have, so that you don't stay stranded on Pear's island. Sometimes using 2 MM to turn into a random transformation. So many things to think about. I love that.

If it was multiple choice (why it isn't?), very close to Woodie both at the 2nd spot are Warly and Wormwood (i take all his reworks as a combined 1 rework).

If I had to decide based on the lore, it would be Wes.

From worst to best:

Wolfgang. It absolutely sucks, I'd rather have no rework at all than what I got. < Wes. The last thing I want when I pick Wes is to have useful perks. < Wigfrid. So bland. These reworks are just an excuse for characters trailers and don't actually have any real reason to exist. < Webber. I don't care about him. The only thing I care about is that farming papyrus by deconstructing spider eggs is no longer a solid strategy. Could used to get 120 reeds from one green staff. Wikerbottom cried that day. Also, medic is ugly, and spiders cause lag. < Willow. I don't like it actually. I prefer fire resistance and freezing when insane for personal non-gameplay reasons. Willow was unfairly hated and we don't deserve this rework. < Winona. She makes catapults now. cool I guess. One more indirect nerf to Wiker. < Woodie. Goose is just ocean content skip and beaver is as bad as ever. At least moose is fun, kinda. This guy lost meter instead of getting one so good for him. < Wendy. Balance aside, new abi is easy to control and is a lot of fun to use. Simply amazing rework.

So uh, seems I didn't liked any reworks aside from Wendy one. The only rework that actually needed to happen and is not in need of rerework now. 

Top 10 character reworks.

10. Wolfgang, I just love how his rework implemented realistic mechanics like getting buff and getting weak if you don't exercise. The most amazing part of this rework is that they've designed the character in such a way that it promotes exercise in the Wolfgang player base because of how GREAT the rework is.

9. It was pretty hard to decide who to put on the number 9 spot, but it has to go to the Wolfgang rework. It is a awesome rework that fleshed out Wolfgang's upsides and gave them a well deserved buff, but still keep the uncompromising aspect that do not starve together is all about.

8. This was a contender for the number 9 spot, but it was able to outmatch them in a key way, by adding difficulty to the character it was applied to, I think you know what I'm talking about.

7. This might be somewhat controversial, but the Wolfgang rework imo my opinion deserves the 7th spot for the unique side quests it has added that are unrivaled by any other character, game or person. A tip for people when doing these side quests, I'd recommend eating the berries you find along the way, it replenish's hunger and prevents you from starving.

6. As we all know Wolfgang rework is amazing, that's why I've decided it should go to 5th place.

The 5th place. Wolfgang rework. I just love how his rework implemented realistic mechanics like getting buff and getting weak if you don't exercise. My only complaint is that they made the gembell way too strong.

4. This was a hard one, I considered putting the willow rework here, but I made sure not to be controlled by emotion and only facts and logic, thus why this spot goes to the Wolfgang rework, because I'm not a heretic.

3. Can we take a moment to admire the Wolfgang rework and all the realistic changes it added, like dumbbells being able to float, Wolfgang becoming powerful and weak all in the same day, Maxwell being blind as a mole.

2. This was a easy one, so no words need to be written for we all as a collective have already agreed what must go on this sacred spot.

1. Wolfgang rework is life, Wolfgang rework is God, Wolfgang has finally destroyed it's inferior imposter and through Wolfgang we can find salvation. Don't listen to the servant's of chaos and evil who insist that this rework was trash, for they all are simply misleading us with lies and misdirection. Wolfgang didn't die but was finally born.

That was my unbiased opinion on the reworks.

4 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

10. Wolfgang, I just love how his rework implemented realistic mechanics like getting buff and getting weak if you don't exercise. The most amazing part of this rework is that they've designed the character in such a way that it promotes exercise in the Wolfgang player base because of how GREAT the rework is.

Ew

Archived