Jump to content

Good god I've saved up spools for years, I rarely spend... and they won't make a dent in this event.


Recommended Posts

My god, after years of skins and unraveling and play I can't believe how many spools the new items would cost.

I don't suppose the nice folks at Klei would give us a few thousand right about now, and even that wouldn't make a dent on top of what I've saved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Geo95 said:

Would you buy them if they were available for purchase?

I've bought a few sets, characters etc. Worth it, I like supporting DST.

Honestly I LOVE the fact they're weaveable i just wish they weren't 1350 spools each for like 20 items. I'm not sure I ever had that many spools combined at this point, lol even after playing for years after moving over from DS.

Like 750 each at least wouldn't be quite so insane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SaphironX said:

I've bought a few sets, characters etc. Worth it, I like supporting DST.

Honestly I LOVE the fact they're weaveable i just wish they weren't 1350 spools each for like 20 items. I'm not sure I ever had that many spools combined at this point, lol even after playing for years after moving over from DS.

Like 750 each at least wouldn't be quite so insane.

I mean, all elegant items have always been 1350 spools to weave.
If you need extra coins you can always check out the thread where everyone collects the hidden links klei puts in their update posts.

With those coins, if you go to the Klei Rewards page, there's a bundle of spool you can cash in your coins for. Albeit, it's only enough for one elegant.
image.png.300cfcd1d49db0655f6f81bb131fe6fa.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They aren’t that expensive, if you want them bad enough you can buy a skin set (they’re all on a nice sale right now) and unravel what you don’t want to weave the ones you can’t directly buy.

Im assuming this was a deal with Terraria dev team, that Klei couldn’t just outright sell the skins.

But.. you can buy other skins to destroy them for spools and then weave the ones for Terraria if you want them that bad.

They are also permanently part of the game and will be able to be earned at your own pace.

you can trade Klei Points for spools now too and the spools claim is infinite but has cooldown timer between redeems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GuyNamedChris said:

I mean, all elegant items have always been 1350 spools to weave.
If you need extra coins you can always check out the thread where everyone collects the hidden links klei puts in their update posts.

With those coins, if you go to the Klei Rewards page, there's a bundle of spool you can cash in your coins for. Albeit, it's only enough for one elegant.
image.png.300cfcd1d49db0655f6f81bb131fe6fa.png

I have 11k points and won't use any for spools - what if Klei releases a new skin for redemption only?  I'd rather spend ~10 bucks in the marketplace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mike23Ua said:

They aren’t that expensive, if you want them bad enough you can buy a skin set (they’re all on a nice sale right now) and unravel what you don’t want to weave the ones you can’t directly buy.

Im assuming this was a deal with Terraria dev team, that Klei couldn’t just outright sell the skins.

But.. you can buy other skins to destroy them for spools and then weave the ones for Terraria if you want them that bad.

They are also permanently part of the game and will be able to be earned at your own pace.

you can trade Klei Points for spools now too and the spools claim is infinite but has cooldown timer between redeems.

I do all that, except buy packs and unravel them... they aren't cheap, and you'd be getting a fraction of the value.

Either they should be a reasonable number of spools or sold in a complete chest, but suggesting we spend that much and then unravel for far far less isn't a good solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SaphironX said:

I do all that, except buy packs and unravel them... they aren't cheap, and you'd be getting a fraction of the value.

Either they should be a reasonable number of spools or sold in a complete chest, but suggesting we spend that much and then unravel for far far less isn't a good solution.

If you are on Steam you can buy some heirlooms from the market and unravel them (heads give you 1350 spools). Right now cheapest one is treeguard Woodie for 0,49 EUR/0,55 USD a piece so you can basically buy 13500 spools for 4,90 EUR/5,5 USD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll.admit I've been particularly stingy about spending money on the store even though I love the game too. This gave me the push to finally throw more money at the game. Bought the Victorian chest and unraveled the ones I didn't have. Might do another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Not sure if it was the intention, but it seems pretty smart on the surface.

Gives the people coming over from Terraria a long term goal of collecting items that they'd obviously already be interested in. Increase retention.

I dont get this idea

Do you mean ot makes the terraria newbies focus on getting the skins? Or the items that get the skin? These items are very endgame-ish, like ecrown or barmor, how will a new player focus on getting them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...