Do you prefer Webber or Wurt

Webber or Wurt  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which perks do you like more? explain if you can

Wurt mains you better come out cuz Webber almost has 2x the votes

Bonus Question: Any Tips/Tricks for Webber/Wurt?

Webber can hit tier 3 spider dens then quickly use shoe-box for easy farmable spider warriors

Wurt can farm gold/flint using moleworm farms

I have gotten into the habit of playing a world up till about day 400-600 then growing bored of that world and as the character im playing as and deleting it to start over as Someone else in a New World (because I refuse to use the character swap portal) AND because anytime Klei releases new content- it’s just better to start a NEW world with that content generated into it Properly then it is to have it “Retro-Fit” an existing world.

So I play as every single character in the game ALL OF THEM.. And I don’t really have a preference over who I prefer more when it comes to Webber or Wurt because they’re both designed to have unique entirely different gameplay.

I think some things that could truly set Wurts Merms apart from just being Pigmen with a Reskin would be being able to gather resources and “bring them to Wurt” such as if a Merm sees Wurt plucking grass & is following her it will yell out “I help Gather!” Then run around plucking grass and bringing it back to Wurt, I ALSO think the Royal Tapestry requires way too much time and effort and is not worth it at all…

20 Kelp? 16 pigskin? 16 Beefalo fur & then to feed a Merm till it turns into a King? It’s WAYYY more work then any other character in the game- and doesn’t even feel worth it.

As for Webber his gameplay is pretty much perfected, none of his crafts are as tediously Ridiculous as Wurts, he has ranged spiders, healing spiders etc.

5 maybe 10 kelp is fine but 20?? No wonder people want Wurt to swim.

Wurt & Webber both have their “role” that make them unique and they can’t really be compared.. I just feel like Webber shines in everything he is intended to do- Where Wurt misses the mark entirely on whatever it is she was intended to do.

18 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

I'd pick Webber, but Webber's followers are able to chop and mine at any time of day. And in terms of resources available I'd always pick Webber since having lots of monster meat, minion's and imperishable healing is always going to win out. Plus I get sick of Webber really quick.

I wish you a fast recovery from your stroke.

25 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

says the plant who rubbers manure over his face...

Have you ever smelled that good s**t manure from homedepot or some other garden store? Smells earthy and clean, its human poo that smells unholy. 

As inbreed as pigs look, they have that good s**t, literally. I'd snort that stuff with a rolled up dollar bill anytime.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Have you ever smelled that good s**t manure from homedepot or some other garden store? Smells earthy and clean, its human poo that smells unholy. 

As inbreed as pigs look, they have that good s**t, literally. I'd snort that stuff with a rolled up dollar bill anytime.

you won this time

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Living in farm rich area that is inaccurate have you ever smelled a Cow poo  slurry or the moist chicken poo It is not good give it a few months then it’s good 

1 hour ago, Something else said:

Living in farm rich area that is inaccurate have you ever smelled a Cow poo  slurry or the moist chicken poo It is not good give it a few months then it’s good 

Probably should have added that. The stuff at the store is usually a mix of stuff you'd find in a compost. Trying to be super accurate would make my comment less funny :crushed:.

In my defense, if Wormwood says it smells good then we should believe him because he is a good boi. 

37 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

In my defense, if Wormwood says it smells good then we should believe him because he is a good boi. 

Fair but I don’t trust them moon folk they kill the sane so they seem normal. wormwood is to useful he makes you dependent on him so he can stab you in the back  when he told by the moon 

Insert smile from short here.

I don’t know how to post pics

on topic I like Wurt she can farm trees and health is no problem cause fruits and veggies are great healing 

Is it okay to suggest improvements to Webber/Wurt in this thread since the thread is about Webber & Wurt anyway?

I really love Wurt but I feel like there’s a good bit of room for improvements for starters: she has quote for letting her Merm-King STARVE To death:

“Was Bad King! Will find better one.”

So… why not program the game to actually be able to DO that? As in: Each elected “King” has a random list of resources they can give Wurt.. and you can replace them with another King for a new set of resources?

Instead of replaced kings just offering the same stuff as the last king..

Things like Reeds and Tentacle spikes could be added to the elected King loot tables.

If I’m NOT allowed to make suggestions for Wurt/Webber improvements in this thread then someone please inform me so I can delete the comment. Thanks :wilson_love:

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is it okay to suggest improvements to Webber/Wurt in this thread since the thread is about Webber & Wurt anyway?

If I’m NOT allowed to make suggestions for Wurt/Webber improvements in this thread then someone please inform me so I can delete the comment. Thanks :wilson_love:

Yeah suggestions are good

2 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

Yeah suggestions are good

Well in that case I shall re-suggest the following: Wurt should be able to overthrow the pig king.

The boss fight itself should be structured in such a way that it encourages Wurt to tackle it with an army and set up an epic pigs vs merms climactic battle. For example, the PK's attacks could throw you away from him while also spawning guard pigs between you and him, which will be difficult to get past unless they're distracted by your own minions. Since merms and pigs both kite, their fight should last long enough to allow you to deal some damage to PK.

Installing the merm king on the pig kings throne would allow him to provide gold in exchange for fish, solving Wurt's difficulty getting renewable gold, and transform any nearby pig houses into leaky shacks.

Pig-aligned characters can overthrow the merm king and reinstall PK in a very similar boss fight, if they so choose.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:59 PM, QuQuasar said:

Well in that case I shall re-suggest the following: Wurt should be able to overthrow the pig king.

The boss fight itself should be structured in such a way that it encourages Wurt to tackle it with an army and set up an epic pigs vs merms climactic battle. For example, the PK's attacks could throw you away from him while also spawning guard pigs between you and him, which will be difficult to get past unless they're distracted by your own minions. Since merms and pigs both kite, their fight should last long enough to allow you to deal some damage to PK.

The problem with this is that it encourages a single character to make a huge shift in the set up of the world in a way that affects other survivors, potentially very negatively, at next to no benefit to others except for Wurt. It's a fun concept for her, but not for multiplayer. If wurt comes in and does this and leaves you have now replaced a large pig resource with merms, which can be interacted with significantly less by the others. The only 'fix' for be to then have to reset the whole thing with /another/ boss fight, and not one that provides anything more than "Wurt gets pig perks, and other survivors get to go back to the more easy to work one after its been messed up"

The merm king needs work but anything that directly inhibits or modifies a static element of the world like the pig king is a bad idea.

19 minutes ago, Mantispidae said:

The problem with this is that it encourages a single character to make a huge shift in the set up of the world in a way that affects other survivors, potentially very negatively, at next to no benefit to others except for Wurt. It's a fun concept for her, but not for multiplayer. If wurt comes in and does this and leaves you have now replaced a large pig resource with merms, which can be interacted with significantly less by the others. The only 'fix' for be to then have to reset the whole thing with /another/ boss fight, and not one that provides anything more than "Wurt gets pig perks, and other survivors get to go back to the more easy to work one after its been messed up"

The merm king needs work but anything that directly inhibits or modifies a static element of the world like the pig king is a bad idea.

Not if the merm king fulfills the same function for all players.  I've had this thought for a while that Wurt should be able to overthrow the merm king, changing that set piece to be merm king instead by doing a few tiers of building similar to Pearl's house.

Most people only need 1 thing from the pig king, and that is converting meats to gold.  There is the odd little WWE event, but I doubt that's important enough to miss XD So as long as the merm king delivers the golden goods, what's the problem?

No reason to effect other players negatively - and perhaps this could just flip loyalties, so pigs are aggro to everyone, but merms are friendly to everyone.  Even monsters like Webber.

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

No reason to effect other players negatively - and perhaps this could just flip loyalties, so pigs are aggro to everyone, but merms are friendly to everyone.  Even monsters like Webber.

I still dont really like the idea of a single survivor having influence of a shared piece of the world like that. Yes the gold is the main bonus, and lets assume that you flip everything so that Wurt no longer needs to grant special access to the king and merms via her masks, now lets say you also flip the pigs-

How can people tell this, entering the world for the first time? Pigs are safe mobs to players traditionally, and spawn in many more biomes than just the pig kings- if they are now hostile thats something people have to dodge out the gate. You may say thats not a huge threat but thats a MASSIVE influence on the constants' behaviors compared to other survivors. Not to mention that pigskin and meat is a much more valuable resource than fish and frog legs. Wurt needs work, but i don't think giving a single character the ability to make a huge shift in the world like that is the way to go, both mechanically and based on the amount of 'worldly manipulation' other characters get. I'd much rather it just be about improving her kingdom's operation in it's own bubble

6 hours ago, Mantispidae said:

The problem with this is that it encourages a single character to make a huge shift in the set up of the world in a way that affects other survivors, potentially very negatively, at next to no benefit to others except for Wurt. It's a fun concept for her, but not for multiplayer. If wurt comes in and does this and leaves you have now replaced a large pig resource with merms, which can be interacted with significantly less by the others.

My suggestion involves the Merm King serving exactly the same 'static gold fountain' purpose the Pig King currently does after the fight. From a mechanical standpoint, MK would basically be a straightforward reskin and upgrade. He would:

• never starve,
  • trade vegetables, trinkets and fish for gold,
  • allow all players to interact with him and not just the pig-kosher ones, and...
  • continue to provide kelp, seeds and trinkets in exchange for fish.

The change from meat to vegetables might make the grieving child sad, but the grieving child is sad anyway so who'd notice?

Archived