Most underrated Item?

What's in your opinion and based on your experiences the most underrated item in Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together?

In my opinion the Chilled Amulet is really useful in early game Summer, paired with other Heat Reduction clothes, I never have to make an Endothermic Fire when exploring, you wear it a bit and you're ready to go.

I personally use the luxury fan + Eyebrella combo.

I only ever need about 1/3 use of my fan per summer and I carry a log suit incase of enemies. I also only carry a luxury fan on my boat for fires and hop off at night when fires can't start.

I wish the was a luxury fan equivalent for Winter (Maybe a bundled larvae + some ash to feed it?). Not really underrated though since most people know about it. 

An item that seems weak on the surface and has limited uses, but when used properly really shines. I think that would have to be the fire staff.

I think fire staffs are underrated, having seen many people on the forums ask for a buff. While I wouldn't decline a buff, especially in the hands of Willow, I think for its cheap price it serves its purpose. The ability to panic mobs and do chip damage shouldn't be sold short. 

The fire dart is pretty bad in comparison though given the fire staff is cheaper late game when you have like 60 red gems in a chest. I know this isn't about buffing items but the fire dart should do damage on top of setting mobs on fire.

I'm currently playing a nomadic run, and I've just learned to bring with me a Life Giving Amulet and gold, nightmare fuel and two red gems to craft another amulet just to be ready for the next 'accident'. I'm now surprised people, including me, don't carry them on late game when they are so cheap to craft, can save you a lot of troubles.

1 hour ago, DelroyBM said:

I'm currently playing a nomadic run, and I've just learned to bring with me a Life Giving Amulet and gold, nightmare fuel and two red gems to craft another amulet just to be ready for the next 'accident'. I'm now surprised people, including me, don't carry them on late game when they are so cheap to craft, can save you a lot of troubles.

In late game i always have a meat effigie placed in both shards and another one precrafted so you are practicaly inmortal and you save 2-3 inventory slots. Also i let some red gems in the metheus set piece and in the cave base to make emergency amulets if i cant find a red gem from an earthquake or in the ruins

Your tactic is good but not all the time you need gold and almost never red gems. I  the caves this isnt a problem since most of the time you have NF and gold, you only need the gem that migh fall from the roof

Buuuut  im talking from my perspective, if carrying it helps you go ahead, is a good way of keeping save a world and, if you play with multiple players, is so helpful

Edit: meat effigies are underrated

The Compass. And most position sharing mechanics.

I still keep seeing people whining that servers don’t have the global positions mod, when Klei actually gave us a lot of ways to ping the map, mark it, or actively share the position via compass. No offense to the mod authors but the mod is really not necessary, yet so many people don’t know how to play without it.

29 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The Compass. And most position sharing mechanics.

I still keep seeing people whining that servers don’t have the global positions mod, when Klei actually gave us a lot of ways to ping the map, mark it, or actively share the position via compass. No offense to the mod authors but the mod is really not necessary, yet so many people don’t know how to play without it.

I love using flares to mark where im

Not sure if it's an unpopular item, since I haven't seen much talk about the content of the Eye Of the Storm, but the Night Armor is a really solid option to take on the Celestial Champion due to the sanity drain and crazy damage reduction (95%, 15% more than a Football Helmet, which is a lot considering the damage dealt by this boss). It's often diminished because it requires 3 papyrus and the low durability early on, but by the time you are beating this boss you practically have every resource at your disposal.

Also Sisturn for Wendy players, I don't see them being built enough, despite being so cheap and the high sanity gain that they grant.

43 minutes ago, JuanchoXdiaz said:

Not sure if it's an unpopular item, since I haven't seen much talk about the content of the Eye Of the Storm, but the Night Armor is a really solid option to take on the Celestial Champion due to the sanity drain and crazy damage reduction (95%, 15% more than a Football Helmet, which is a lot considering the damage dealt by this boss). It's often diminished because it requires 3 papyrus and the low durability early on, but by the time you are beating this boss you practically have every resource at your disposal.

Also Sisturn for Wendy players, I don't see them being built enough, despite being so cheap and the high sanity gain that they grant.

Shadow boat nuke is better for Narmor farming

Any chest slot item that isn't a backpack, any way to regulate temperature that isn't a thermal stone, any way to restore hunger that isn't meatballs, any light source that isn't a lantern... It's hard to choose just one item.

I'll choose the Pile o' Balloons to represent Wes, since a lot of people still think he's worthless and a griefer even though he's better than Wilson ever since his rework.

Miner hat, sure you lose the head slot but your hands and chest slots are now free for fighting and personally I always rush the ruins with a miner helm instead of lantern's. Plus tentacle spike, it's a hambat that doesn't spoils but does slightly less damage, with a spear you can get atleast 3 from killing the tentacles in swamp. And as Wickerbottom you can farm it.

On 11/7/2021 at 10:17 PM, JuanchoXdiaz said:

Chilled Amulet is really useful

I honestly rather just try to get / save up enough blue gems to turn Chester into ice Chester then juggle 2 thermal stones.

While amulet is tempting i rather not.

I’m gonna be “that guy” 

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Beefalo_Bell

Some people aren’t aware of the full power of this thing.. you “bond” yourself to a Beefalo as early as Day 1, it follows you around loyally throughout everything you do, including going through wormholes, going into a cave or logging off the server-

You can tame this thing passively now using random sticks you pick up on the surface and now also in caves, you can ALSO slap a saddle on it and ride it around to help speed up the taming process- It continues to tame out as long as it’s being fed or ridden- And since you can now pick resources WHILE riding it… your technically always taming it.

In addition: you can bond a Beefalo to have it follow you somewhere and then “break the bond” to have it start producing herds in its new location (yes even in Caves) and Yes… with enough Beefalo Herds you can Kill Deerclops & Bearger without ever needing to do anything at all (except raise more Beefalo of course)

Your Bell Bonded Beefalo will also leave the server WITH YOU when you leave, so it’s taming process doesn’t ever drain.

DST really had its whole foundation shook to its very core with this item now being permanent, and now even playing as “Wes” is no longer that much of a challenge.

Archived