Strange everyone-is-dead popup message?

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

Well? Are you going to save them or what?

I'm playing alone in my own world lol

1 hour ago, Duck986 said:

I'm more interested in how did you get all that stuff in a first few seconds of day 1 and why Wanda is looking so old in her 20s :confused:

there's a bug involving wanda that has been reported multiple times by different players that makes the world's clock and basically everything go all over the place, then the game crashes. It's a 400-day world actually.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I feel like playing the starting music for The Suicide Squad 2.. I won’t, but it most certainly feels appropriate for this thread.

Are you using any mods that could have changed this? Kinda funny message though!

Disabling all mods and creating a fresh new world without any mod still produce this bug so restarting the game constantly is my new normal now

28 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Day 1 with lunacy, Wanda looking old when she’s 20, 100 max sanity on Wanda, a fully made base on day one, the everyone is dead sign…

I support @ArubaroBeefalo’s theory, this is just a weirdly edited image. 

Don't forget hurt Beefalo red tint at the bottom of the screen. 

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Day 1 with lunacy, Wanda looking old when she’s 20, 100 max sanity on Wanda, a fully made base on day one, the everyone is dead sign…

I support @ArubaroBeefalo’s theory, this is just a weirdly edited image. 

I'm pretty sure this is just a really funky bug.

As a modder I've run into this similar thing myself, basically networking gets screwed up so you get a lot of weird crap like fire effects on your screen, lunacy, UI getting messed up, color filters, stats defaulting to a certain amount.

It's likely to be mods with defunct code, like Terra said.

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Atleast make an effort when editing screenshots xD

Bold of you to assume I could muster enough effort to edit anything in the first place

Just check the bug tracker forum on lua traceback problem.

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

this reminds me of that weird bug I encountered in my friend's modded world where it looked like I was on an acid trip.

20210808210329_1.thumb.jpg.c6993888aaf987d6b6278d078014ed0c.jpg

is your world using any mods?

I only got this bug if I pick Wanda regardless of me having any mod on or not, so I'm suspecting it's relating to the character. Klei has been silent on this issue so I'm learning to live with it for now. Usually there isn't an everyone-is-dead message however, the game would just crash, so I was curious.

This isn't a meme post or an edited image, I seem to remember seeing this message a lot in like 2016 when I first started playing, to the point it still confuses me when everyone but 1 person in a server is dead but the timer doesn't start. Idk what happened to it or why it's triggering here, though.

this is my worst experience so far 

also happens when traveling between shards, but not every time (can't remember correctly but in the server log it's like 'recipesdirty' and many '-dirty', so everything went full chaos)

my new server that created mods-free and then enables them later seems to be fine

20210930022637_1.thumb.jpg.9256bc483942e4ae8cdcf1cf529cd98a.jpg

After what I have seen in singleplayer DS I totally believe that this is what happens whenever Klei doesn't spend hours on bugfixing new updates. "Everyone else is dead" in a singleplayer world is nightmarefuel...

After beefalos pooping in the sea, Pearl drowning, two music loops playing at once, frozen hurt overlays, being killed by Wee McTusk and by shenanigans, having different seasons in volcano and outside in shipwrecked, Wickerbottom crashing the game by lying dead in the ocean an literally walking to lunar island on foot I absolutely believe any bug at this point.. 

56 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Not like it is a meme

With everything happening in that print-screen plus the avalanche of jokey-joke posts as of lately you can easily chalk that one too up for lulz & such, of course - outside of designated mentioned thread. Even if fair/legitimate, one can suspect mods/code tampering outside of usual bugs - again: too much stuff looks like went wrong in one fell swoop.

4 hours ago, omegapent said:

this is my worst experience so far 

also happens when traveling between shards, but not every time (can't remember correctly but in the server log it's like 'recipesdirty' and many '-dirty', so everything went full chaos)

my new server that created mods-free and then enables them later seems to be fine

20210930022637_1.thumb.jpg.9256bc483942e4ae8cdcf1cf529cd98a.jpg

glass cannon-ish range dlc characters can break games, noted xD

6 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

This isn't a meme post or an edited image, I seem to remember seeing this message a lot in like 2016 when I first started playing, to the point it still confuses me when everyone but 1 person in a server is dead but the timer doesn't start. Idk what happened to it or why it's triggering here, though.

oh

I was half expecting this to be some kind of future content thing that got accidentally left here and/or become a bug, but it's more likely that it's not then.

Archived