Mosling train

Now that I have an account on here just wanted to share this screenshot I took in game a few weeks ago :D Risked my beefalo's life to do it and took so many hits from angry moslings afterwards, but it was worth it. Hope y'all enjoy this adorable mosling train as much as I do!

lotsamoslings.png

9 hours ago, Moffball said:

Now that I have an account on here just wanted to share this screenshot I took in game a few weeks ago :D Risked my beefalo's life to do it and took so many hits from angry moslings afterwards, but it was worth it. Hope y'all enjoy this adorable mosling train as much as I do!

lotsamoslings.png

my new favorite post lol. how do u get them to follow you like this?

1 minute ago, Spirit Glow said:

do they not attack if ur riding the beefalo?

If you kill moose goose before the babies hatch they will hatch aggressively without turning red (at least until they attack). As long as you keep moving at a good speed they wont stop to attack.

1 minute ago, Gi-Go said:

Read what he wrote but slowly. This screenshot cost him everything. 

ur assuming i didnt read. if u don't want to answer you can just move along :)

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

If you kill moose goose before the babies hatch they will hatch aggressively without turning red (at least until they attack). As long as you keep moving at a good speed they wont stop to attack.

ty! i understand now lol

17 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

First, how did you get a default beefalo, thats impossible

Well, it's hard

The easiest way to get default is to feed and brush it (optional) but nothing else. Oh, and never over feed it.

I'm guessing.

Ps. This means you can never ride it until the process is over.

23 hours ago, Spirit Glow said:

ty! i understand now lol

Yep as HowIVoid said they weren't angry yet cos beefalo was juuust fast enough. But the minute I stopped running (to take screen shot) they all aggroed. They were already hatched when mum moose died though - for some reason the moslings on two different moose goose spawns very close to each other sometimes merge and start following the same moose once I start the fight. So this was happening immediately afterward (usually I take them to the beefalo herd nearby because I can't handle that many moslings alone without taking a ton of damage - first mosling is coming back by the time last mosling attacks).

16 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

First, how did you get a default beefalo, thats impossible

Well, it's hard

;D my first beef was ornery and I hated feeding it every time I wanted to mount so much that now I try to only tame defaults haha! And yeah it is a bit of a pain in the butt - I did it by feeding / riding / fighting, but HowIVoid's suggestion sounds better actually if brush is already available :O I might try it that way next time!

5 hours ago, Moffball said:

Yep as HowIVoid said they weren't angry yet cos beefalo was juuust fast enough. But the minute I stopped running (to take screen shot) they all aggroed. They were already hatched when mum moose died though - for some reason the moslings on two different moose goose spawns very close to each other sometimes merge and start following the same moose once I start the fight. So this was happening immediately afterward (usually I take them to the beefalo herd nearby because I can't handle that many moslings alone without taking a ton of damage - first mosling is coming back by the time last mosling attacks).

;D my first beef was ornery and I hated feeding it every time I wanted to mount so much that now I try to only tame defaults haha! And yeah it is a bit of a pain in the butt - I did it by feeding / riding / fighting, but HowIVoid's suggestion sounds better actually if brush is already available :O I might try it that way next time!

I just find it hard to balance a beef's stats PERFECTLY

3 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

I just find it hard to balance a beef's stats PERFECTLY

You don't need a perfect balance: as long as sum of points of 2 tendencies doesn't exceed 3rd one, you get default (I don't remember where I heard/saw it, but it seems to work endeed as described from my experience). That means one can train default in 2 ways while keep riding it: ride and fight a lot, and gain a few pudgy points (feed it above 50% hunger, but not overfeed it), or ride and feed it a lot, but gain a few ornery points via fighting. Basically you can choose 2 tendencies towards which you would like to gain a lot of points, and do a little bit of 3rd one; the more you do actions related to 3rd one, the more is window between going rider-ornery or rider-pudgy. You can watch beefalo's face to guess what tendency points are prevalent at the moment, but it can be hard to do with skinned beefalo. To estimate beefalo's hunger, you can watch animations: when beefalo begs for food - it's below 50% hunger, when it farts - it's around 80% and on the verge of being overfed, so you are looking for a state when beefalo doesnt beg for food and feed it until it farts. Beefalo looses 300 hunger per day, 50% obedience per day if it's not starving and 150% otherwise; lichen is now tradable, so one can feed beefalo with it, bananas are a good option too, especially if one plays Wendy, since they last 10 days and stack up to 40 (unlike lesser glow berry which stacks only to 10, lichen which lasts only 2 days, blue or green mushrooms which are useless for hunger when cooked, carrot which is spread out mostly surface resource depleted by other players too). Twigs work too, one just needs more of them, but as a bonus they don't spoil.

Considering starving beefalo needs at least 15 items to maintain it's obedience, but often more due to receiving damage, I wonder if pudgy and ornery training are close in terms of resource usage (unless it's lightbulbs, which doesn't give hunger, but can be acquired quickly in large quantities).

Edit: just checked wiki and for some reason page about beefalo can't be edited. Which is a shame, since it contains mistakes and unclear moments (for example, beefalo damage isn't affected by character-specific damage modifiers, but wiki says otherwise nowadays).

image.png.de90a81d1c2874bb5c9d0241538d0c36.png

39 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Edit: just checked wiki and for some reason page about beefalo can't be edited. Which is a shame, since it contains mistakes and unclear moments (for example, beefalo damage isn't affected by character-specific damage modifiers, but wiki says otherwise nowadays).

image.png.de90a81d1c2874bb5c9d0241538d0c36.png

This statement is for solo DS, no? Iirc solo DS has a different sort of beefalo damage mechanism compared to DST.

Edit: They did mention ignoring the damage reduction from Wendy and Wes under the Tips section.

image.png.f751bc64d74ff9fd9d276c1b213d7413.png

1 hour ago, zacqiang said:

This statement is for solo DS, no

Yes, good point, I just don't remember such paragraph last time I checked wiki, and since I read this page not for the first time, I was less attentive and unintentionally skipped some parts: I didn't see phrase "in single player", but saw new to me "is modified by damage modifiers". Ok then, but if all in the paragraph is true, then this sounds like a bug, along with weapon loosing durability while character attacks with beefalo, and damage based on weapon equipped. This is offtopic though and belongs to bug tracker section, I understand.

Archived