favourite forgotten about item

Does Amberosia count? :mrgreen: I just love feeding those lil moths. I once spent an entire summer (more like 12 days) in the Archives doing just that and i got around 2 stacks of thulecite (36ish iirc). you have to be lucky with worldgen though to pull it off, i have 5 dustmoth dens so by the time i feed the fifth moth the first one will already be done decorating the den so im just running between all of them feeding and mining without pause. 

5 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Does Amberosia count? :mrgreen: I just love feeding those lil moths. I once spent an entire summer (more like 12 days) in the Archives doing just that and i got around 2 stacks of thulecite (36ish iirc). you have to be lucky with worldgen though to pull it off, i have like 6 dustmoth dens so by the time i feed the sixth moth the first one will already be done decorating the den so im just running between all of them feeding and mining without pause. 

Six moth dens?? That's so much! I've never gotten four.

I tried doing that in a world with 3 dens after making 80 amberosia, and man I went insane, I could only feed 20 before getting so ridiculously bored of it :lol:

13 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I tried doing that in a world with 3 dens after making 80 amberosia, and man I went insane, I could only feed 20 before getting so ridiculously bored of it :lol:

You got 4?! 

I only got 2...

23 minutes ago, Hornete said:

i just checked and its actually 5 :roll:

1054515715_Schermafbeelding2021-08-31om17_55_40.thumb.png.4805963dc0cf2a72b80a76e7476ac1c5.png

Its definitely the most ive personally seen as of yet and i painstakingly deleted the caves shard of my world and made a new one many times to get this Archives lol. Ive since generated many caves on other worlds and most consistently i indeed see less than 4... :sad: in very tiny ugly shaped archives... 

Ive been meaning to make a suggestion post asking for dustmoth dens to be added to world gen settings or guarantee a certain amount (4-5) but ive yet to do it. Its really hard to make use of them if u have very few of them... my archives makes it possible to just run around from one to the next without much waiting but i cant imagine trying to farm thulecite with just 3 dens :sad: which is a shame cuz they're so cute and neat lore-wise. 

32 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Ive been meaning to make a suggestion post asking for dustmoth dens to be added to world gen settings or guarantee a certain amount (4-5) but ive yet to do it. Its really hard to make use of them if u have very few of them... my archives makes it possible to just run around from one to the next without much waiting but i cant imagine trying to farm thulecite with just 3 dens :sad: which is a shame cuz they're so cute and neat lore-wise. 

Oh those are some beautiful archives, so much larger than the ones I usually see, id love if they were consistently that size.

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

Does Amberosia count? :mrgreen: I just love feeding those lil moths. I once spent an entire summer (more like 12 days) in the Archives doing just that and i got around 2 stacks of thulecite (36ish iirc). you have to be lucky with worldgen though to pull it off, i have like 6 dustmoth dens so by the time i feed the sixth moth the first one will already be done decorating the den so im just running between all of them feeding and mining without pause. 

i have only one T.T

36 minutes ago, Ohan said:

i want it

Not quite forgotten but people don't give Shadow Chester the respect he is due.

Very easy to farm for before the first full moon.

During summer I usually only use the luxury fan combined with the eyebrella. 

After the first year, the insulated pack pairs well with it.

Late game even with a krampus sack I can use bundling wraps for long trips. 

Shadow Chester > Snow Chester imo

14 hours ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.874c9e85b7fefcfc0573430135815ad0.png

The lucky whistle! I never see anyone bring it up, it's not super practical but it sure is fun!

It’s actually surprisingly practical and is my favorite way of dealing with hound attacks away from base. Group the hounds up, get some distance and blow the whistle, and use the 5 you just recruited to fight the hounds that were not in a pig war like fashion. It’s pretty  effective, especially if you have bone armor since keeping distance isn’t entirely necessary since the armor will shield you during the animation.

Its event exclusive which is unfortunate, but if you don’t mind turning on events it’s a unique way of dealing with hound attacks while also being fairly cheap.

Archived