Wortox Needs to be Nerfed

Does Wortox need a nerf? (your opinion)  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Wortox is balanced, OP, or underwhelming?

• Balanced
    • OP
    • Underwhelming...
  2. 2. Do you think he needs a nerf?

• Yes
    • No

Wortox is super OP if you consider him with UNreworked characters but Klei decided make all reworked characters more easy to play as I can see. So if you consider Wortox with reworked one, he is still easy to play but not op. Hunger and specially health is a not problem for him but sanity causes really big problems in early game.

I think the problem of him is not being interesting at all. When you consider him with characters that have food penalty, you can clearly see he is not that good created. He have same destiny with Winona, being created only to be part of story.

16 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Wortox is super OP if you consider him with UNreworked characters but Klei decided make all reworked characters more easy to play as I can see. So if you consider Wortox with reworked one, he is still easy to play but not op. Hunger and specially health is a not problem for him but sanity causes really big problems in early game.

I think the problem of him is not being interesting at all. When you consider him with characters that have food penalty, you can clearly see he is not that good created. He have same destiny with Winona, being created only to be part of story.

I mean even pre rework alot of the points brought up about him falling off still applied alot of his fame came from the majority of the player base using pubs, not surviving more than 30 days, and youtubers hyping him not to say he was bad tho.

The only aspect of Wortox I never understood and “might” be subject to a nerf is why he has 200 hp. I mean he’d probably be fine even with 100, but nonetheless I see no reason why he should have more than the average 150. Thematically speaking: is he a warrior? Is he healthier than the others because of the krampus he fused with? Webber also has a bit more health than the rest, so fusing with another thing is the reason maybe? I honestly don’t mind if he stays at 200hp either.

Outside of that, he could actually get improvements that were most likely oversights, like not being able to tell who needs healing or not in a team without mods, or not being able to heal allied mobs and ridden beefalos. At very least if healing mobs sounds too OP (remember that he can’t, or at least has troubles to befriend most mobs to begin with, so it would be mostly a team perk too), ridden beefalos healing should be a thing.

About teleporting the beef with you when riding in a beefalo: I have nothing against this, but probably there could be a lore and gameplay reason behind this not being a thing, on one hand the lazy explorer can do this so it’s probably the only “edge” for it to have superior teleporting to Wortox, on the other hand Beefalos are huge, perhaps his teleporting power is just not strong enough to move them. 

Nevertheless, if he was able to teleport the ridden beefalo it would be amazing, specially to fight/dodge attacks above one, and probably a good mid/late game skill to have even when playing solo.

TL;DR: he needs QOL changes not nerfs

The only “Nerf” I would want to see on Wortox is being “judged” by his own kind: like if he isn’t doing enough evil activities then maybe Krampii spawn around him to attack him or something..

Wortox is a pretty good character, but being able to carry a stack of 20 souls is well, Questionable, he would’ve probably survived just fine with maybe 10 which would’ve made his downside avoiding being anywhere near Abigail in kill everything mode.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The only “Nerf” I would want to see on Wortox is being “judged” by his own kind: like if he isn’t doing enough evil activities then maybe Krampii spawn around him to attack him or something..

Wortox is a pretty good character, but being able to carry a stack of 20 souls is well, Questionable, he would’ve probably survived just fine with maybe 10 which would’ve made his downside avoiding being anywhere near Abigail in kill everything mode.

nerf wortox so he cant be near an op character

I will agree on one small thing but not for balance reasons. For lore reasons.

Butterflies should not drop souls. Since apparently, butterflies in the constant are not animals, but flying seeds. So when you plant a seed, it looses its soul? Can uh, can we just not give the seeds souls in the first place please? 

2 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Butterflies should not drop souls. Since apparently, butterflies in the constant are not animals, but flying seeds. So when you plant a seed, it looses its soul? Can uh, can we just not give the seeds souls in the first place please? 

there is other plant creatures that drops souls so i dont feel like butterflies should be an exception for lore

also it will make his souls even useless in late game for how annoying it will be since planting one flower near crokpots to farm souls meanwhile cooking or crafting will be useless, you will need to hunt for souls which will make his upside ignored by using lazy explorer and healing food that you will always carry with you

15 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

There are options to actually turn off butterflies now, you THINK you want that Nerf on Wortox, but I’ve played it that way it’s not fun, and it just means he needs to get his souls from other small easy to kill mobs (Moleworm, Rabbit, Heck honestly? Even just fishing should drop souls..)

Butterflies merely make the method less time consuming, but removing them from his souls collecting list doesn’t significantly change his gameplay enough to even matter- 

Unless well your some casual who relies on Butterflies… but that would only be a Nerf to people who ALREADY struggle playing as him- He needs something like “Divine Judgement” Krampii will spawn to attack a Wortox who isn’t living up to what they expect from their own kind.

Krampii as a Mob are weird and kinda unique, I feel like having Wortox have to interact with them more often would be neat.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

There are options to actually turn off butterflies now

I didn't say turn off butterflies. I love the things. 

But if seeds = souls then make it consistent at least!
Butterflies = flower seeds
Birchnuts = birchnut tree sees
Pinecones = evergreen seeds
Puffy seeds = potato seeds

Why do flower seeds have souls but other seeds have no souls. Or if it's a flower thing, then make it consistent and give flowers souls. Make the flowers drop their soul when you pick them. I don't care just make flowers and their seeds consistent in their soul content. 

Just now, AlternateMew said:

I didn't say turn off butterflies. I love the things. 

But if seeds = souls then make it consistent at least!
Butterflies = flower seeds
Birchnuts = birchnut tree sees
Pinecones = evergreen seeds
Puffy seeds = potato seeds

Why do flower seeds have souls but other seeds have no souls. Or if it's a flower thing, then make it consistent and give flowers souls. Make the flowers drop their soul when you pick them. I don't care just make flowers and their seeds consistent in their soul content. 

likely for the same reason a carrat has a soul but not a carrot.

I mean I'm neutral on the whole nerf/buff Wortox thing I don't see him as problematic and I don't see changing him as problematic. I like him and I'd like him still with changes. He's got a cool thing going on.

I'm just stuck on the butterflies have souls thing lol. Though I guess to eb completely fair, butterflies in the constant are just plain weird all around. Sentient seeds that sometimes drop butter on death? I swear nothing in the constant is stranger than the humble butterfly. 

1 hour ago, AlternateMew said:

Wormwood is a also plant and also has a soul.

There are also Carrats and living fruit salamanders

Blame Constant's moon magic for giving plants sentience and soul ^^

10 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Blame Constant's moon magic for giving plants sentience and soul ^^

That's all blatantly moon magic, though. Butterflies are never related to moon magic, right? You can even infuse regular carrots and dragonfruits with a potion created with the wings of a lunar moth to infuse them with said moon magic. They just kind of *are*. 

Heck, using a lunar experiment on a flower turns said flower into a lune sapling, so these butterflies are proven to not be related to lunar magic by default, as they change when exposed to said magic. These weird things don't create and dissipate their souls with moon magic, they do it with normal constant magic.

Butterflies are friggin' weird, man!

Now that Wanda and boats are in the game, I think Wortox should be buffed to be more relevant lategame
Wanda players see Wortox as a very hungry Wilson holding a Lazy Explorer

Being able to soul hop with a beefalo, while holding heavy objects, bringing other players/mobs...

Wortox's only thing that makes him strong for the team is healing ability, outside that he's just a jumpy boy that can go around anywhere as he pleases. There's no strengths besides transportation, iframe kiting and heal. Otherwise he's more or less annoying to play as constantly cause of the hunger situation with him. If you play well he can do good as to help noobs and the team if things go too spicy but that's all that there's to him. I wish there were slightly more to lategame but he's just there to hop around and do whatever kinda character. Gives me a bit of anxiety when playing him just cause of the sanity issue until Tam'o'shanter exists or reliable meat sources.

He's decent at what he does and what his kit provides. While selfish teleportation can be achieved easily by anyone with just a cane, orange gems and ruins. Healing is alright but it requires more combat to replenish his souls. I mostly seen people AVOIDING getting more souls all the time due to sanity drain it gives and it's annoying to be getting that many soul overloads all the time. I wish there were a way to stop gaining any souls cause Ancient Fuelweaver fights are a nightmare to solo as him.

Archived