Don't Starve Together: Waterlogged is coming next week!

@JoeW did the requirements change to be selected for drops? Asking for some friends that have been on the list before but are not on this list? 

also now that I have you here thank you very much for making me have to use the hambat more because I will love the heck out of the skin.

cannot wait to stream this next week! 

13 minutes ago, rogi-wind said:

And what effect would that have on gameplay? (Sorry for the dumb questions).

Better performance overall. It allows you to have more than 60 grass tufts planted on screen at once without framerate going immediately into 10, for example, if you really love those grass tufts so much.

10 minutes ago, rogi-wind said:

And what effect would that have on gameplay? (Sorry for the dumb questions).

better performance

before, even when a powerful computer the game couldnt run properly in areas filled with stuff, now the game can use the computer power to get good fps in that areas

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

better performance

before, even when a powerful computer the game couldnt run properly in areas filled with stuff, now the game can use the computer power to get good fps in that areas

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Better performance overall. It allows you to have more than 60 grass tufts planted on screen at once without framerate going immediately into 10, for example, if you really love those grass tufts so much.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

better performance

That's not really the case.

The game doesn't just magically use more ram because theres available ram, that's not how it works, it uses ram when it needs to, simple as that entities need a small bit of ram to be loaded in the game, the game can't just use more ram for each entity to make them somehow run better. 64 bit doesn't actually have major changes for your average player, the only things I can really think of is the ability to have much larger mods with a lot of assets enabled at once, generate much larger worlds, and some other things.

64 bit can handle a lot more data since it can access more ram than 32 bit, but that doesn't mean the data is actually run better, just that it can handle a lot more.

I could be wrong about something here, but I think i'm mostly correct.

If you have 8 GB or so, it's probably wise to keep using the 32 bit version of the game instead of 64 bit

12 hours ago, Hornete said:

That's not really the case.

The game doesn't just magically use more ram because theres available ram, that's not how it works, it uses ram when it needs to, simple as that entities need a small bit of ram to be loaded in the game, the game can't just use more ram for each entity to make them somehow run better. 64 bit doesn't actually have major changes for your average player, the only things I can really think of is the ability to have much larger mods with a lot of assets enabled at once, generate much larger worlds, and some other things.

64 bit can handle a lot more data since it can access more ram than 32 bit, but that doesn't mean the data is actually run better, just that it can handle a lot more.

I could be wrong about something here, but I think i'm mostly correct.

If you have 8 GB or so, it's probably wise to keep using the 32 bit version of the game instead of 64 bit

Oh, so the game being 64 bit won't stop the fps lowering as much?

It depends on what is causing the low frame rate.

https://www.hellotech.com/blog/whats-the-difference-between-32-bit-and-64-bit

64 bit applications can address orders of magnitude more RAM whereas 32 bit applications can't utilize more than 4 Gb of RAM.

The performance depends on a bunch of factors but in theory being able to address more memory should help if the software uses a lot of memory.

Archived