[Game Update] Public Testing Branch - 473327

• Developer

Hi everyone, today's Public Testing Branch patch introduces a new mechanic to Spaced Out! that allows controlling the usage of certain buildings inside rocket habitats, along with a new Automation sensor to help trigger it! A simulation bug where solid tiles would occasionally become not-solid has been squashed, along with a number of other fixes. Post in the bug forums if you see any new issues, and take care!

Changes

• Spaced Out! Only
    • Rocket Control Station can restrict access to a variety of interior buildings from being used while on the ground. No more Meep using Mae's toilet or Ruby sneaking in a quick snack before launch.
      • Controllable buildings: Refrigerator, Ration Box, Storage, Smart Storage Bin, Outhouse, Lavatory, Sink, Wash Basin, Hand Sanitizer, Cot, Comfy Bed, Mess Table, Shower
    • Added Starmap Location Sensor building
    • Hooked up Cosmic Archaeology achievement icon
    • Sound
      • Added sound to Oracle Box artifact.
      • Add placeholder sound for Radiation overlay activation.
      • Dynamic songs with a Hook section more effectively return to the Day section if the player remains paused for a long time in the Hook section.
      • Dynamic songs with a Hook section will not return to the Hook section within one instance of the song if it returns to Day.
      • Dynamic songs with an Evening section will transition to Evening at 75% of the cycle rather than 60% of the cycle.
    • Updated Chinese localization

Bug Fixes

• Fixed random solid tile destruction (Mafic rock in particular)
  • Fixed layering issue causing care package icons to render above other open UI panels
  • Serum Vial now correctly cures Zombie Spores instead of Slimelung.
  • Worldgen: Fixed Geoactive and Geodormant traits.
  • Base game only
    • Worldgen: Minor improvements to Rime, The Badlands, and Oasisse's worldgen rules to reduce failed seeds.
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Worldgen: Improved worldgen rules for Radioactive Terra Asteroid
    • Worldgen: Corrected Oxylite amounts in warp destination templates.
    • Pitcher Pump no longer allows nuclear waste to drip out
    • Fixed some possible music de-sync issues on Alpha2 and Prophet6 songs.
    • Railgun Payloads play their falling/impact animations.
    • Fixed a crash when rocket backgrounds are in an invalid state.

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Ninja 1

58 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added Starmap Location Sensor building

Cool idea, I love it!

If anyone wonders how does it work, here it is:

Spoiler

image.png.c42a53f7ebe97b9d908463ca87009302.png

Edited by pether
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 2

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Rocket Control Station can restrict access to a variety of interior buildings from being used while on the ground. No more Meep using Mae's toilet or Ruby sneaking in a quick snack before launch.

• Controllable buildings: Refrigerator, Ration Box, Storage, Smart Storage Bin, Outhouse, Lavatory, Sink, Wash Basin, Hand Sanitizer, Cot, Comfy Bed, Mess Table, Shower

Does that mean those buildings can`t be used during downtime/sleeptime or anytime? It matters for preparing the rocket to flight, like can dupes fill the fridge and clean the outhouse while the rocket is on the ground?

53 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Does that mean those buildings can`t be used during downtime/sleeptime or anytime? It matters for preparing the rocket to flight, like can dupes fill the fridge and clean the outhouse while the rocket is on the ground?

I'm taking it to mean you can choose which buildings are used on the ground/in flight.

Finished:

• Walk in freezer + sorting belt. Only base ingredients are stored.
  • New "modern" kitchen design done to cope with new mechanics and 1 kg to 2 kg of assorted good foods are cooked per cycle. (700k+ calories of berry sludge are in stock, jic.)
  • Automated Conveyor systems to ship naturally occurring foodstuffs from cold & caustic biomes to said freezer...
  • Connecting most of necessary deodorizers to power grid...
  • Building and testing "unnecessary" petroleum boiler for a leaky oil fissure.

Now downloading newest version to convert old 6k+ cycle base; old ONI is "dead" long live ONI. Will report if anything wonky is perceived.

This is new, I will confess the line is indeed overloaded, but not by so little, lol:

464682343_3andathirdW.png.87ff155789b9b6eed3351d2ca59041ee.png

I'll also have to reload the save file as well, it so happens that some conveyor loaders that used to have many edibles marked somehow had the whole category marked for reception... so the foodstuff conveyor lines were indeed bogged down to a halt. I did see that the "insert" key was enabled for conveyor lines so that's a plus. I'll test it later; don't wanna risk teleporting myself to 3am. Edit: Later called, I take it back, no insert key for conveyor lines. The test drive was mostly successful in many aspects.

Regarding deodorizers: could someone clarify if the heat they now produce is dumped into the environment or is it dumped into the building itself? (If it's the latter then one could in theory build them out of insulation and purify enough PO2 to melt them into tungsten, let's make the most out of those 625DTU for some cheap 5W :lol: - Moar heat powaa than a fridge!)

Edited by JRup

6 hours ago, JRup said:

Regarding deodorizers: could someone clarify if the heat they now produce is dumped into the environment or is it dumped into the building itself? (If it's the latter then one could in theory build them out of insulation and purify enough PO2 to melt them into tungsten, let's make the most out of those 625DTU for some cheap 5W :lol: - Moar heat powaa than a fridge!)

The tooltips say that the output temperatures of the clay and O2 are the combined input temperatures, so I'd expect that it's heating up the building rather than the environment...

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 5:49 PM, QuantumPion said:

You know what would be nice? If we could set dupe access to all machines themselves! E.g. set a refinery so only the best machinery dupe can use it without having to surround it with doors.

If you're not against mods this should hit the spot:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2433887112

• Like 2

On 7/30/2021 at 7:14 PM, Lbphero said:

Very cool rocket additions! I hope round trip asteroid fields get addressed soon too..

I would think that's what the starmap sensor is for or going to be for.

Y'know, you got my hopes up when you said that you'd "Fixed Geoactive and Geodormant traits" and then talked about the Spaced Out! and base game specific bug fixes.

Any hints as to when we might be seeing traits on Spaced Out! maps?

12 minutes ago, Autoskip said:

Y'know, you got my hopes up when you said that you'd "Fixed Geoactive and Geodormant traits" and then talked about the Spaced Out! and base game specific bug fixes.

Any hints as to when we might be seeing traits on Spaced Out! maps?

I don't think spaced out really needs traits. The super random nature of seeds doesn't really add anything to the game. People just end up spinning seeds or digging through a seed library for a half hour or longer, which doesn't really add game content. Any feature which keeps people from playing should be thrown out and reworked.

Maybe customizable "Starting modifiers" instead. So you can pick and choose which you want, with the default being none.

Edited by n_t_p

8 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Maybe customizable "Starting modifiers" instead. So you can pick and choose which you want, with the default being none.

If that ends up happening, there should probably be a few groups of trait types so you can select the general style of random extra twists while still having a bit of a random element to it (the only reason I spend ages re-rolling Rime is so that I don't end up getting random traits that kind of negate the whole block of ice thing it's got going on, and I'd have loved it if I could have just told it to roll a few "cold" traits and gone with that).

Hi! Amazing update! Been playing this for a while but, I have a question:

How does the Rocket Control Station restricts the use of the "restricted" appliances? I set the crew of the rocket, set the "restrict" button but, at the appliance, it only appears: "Restriction: Allowed". How does that change to only the crew dupes?

Thanks! :D

I Will reply myself: 
image.thumb.png.e6e222898a735d02c6fa4b776da021e7.png

You click on the rocket control station and on the button "Grounded". This will restrict everything and no facilities will be used while the rocket is grounded. 

Suggestion to the devs: Config by planet. In the main planet, I want all to be restricted. On the planet N, I want just the toilets to be restricted. I know, asking too much ... but ... you know. Thanks again! :D:D

Edited by Eduardo Elias
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, pether said:

Cool idea, I love it!

If anyone wonders how does it work, here it is:

Hide contents

image.png.c42a53f7ebe97b9d908463ca87009302.png

Not quite sure how this is useful.   Time released of food?   Unlock doors for food access?

Would be more useful if it just alerted the player with a popup that tells you your rocket has reached its destination.

29 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Not quite sure how this is useful.   Time released of food?   Unlock doors for food access?

Would be more useful if it just alerted the player with a popup that tells you your rocket has reached its destination.

i to see useful at one thing, auto stop the rocket control station when you at space

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eduardo Elias said:

Suggestion to the devs: Config by planet. In the main planet, I want all to be restricted. On the planet N, I want just the toilets to be restricted

This seems like something the location sensor would be good for.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Dynamic songs with a Hook section more effectively return to the Day section if the player remains paused for a long time in the Hook section.
  • Dynamic songs with a Hook section will not return to the Hook section within one instance of the song if it returns to Day.
  • Dynamic songs with an Evening section will transition to Evening at 75% of the cycle rather than 60% of the cycle.

...I feel really hecking smart for understanding what this means and I probably shouldn't. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 1