Spiders and why are they ugly

Spiders are cool and I like spiders and I like how dynamic spiders can be, especially with the new Webber rework but I have a few problems with them:

• Some spiders are ugly
    Regular spiders, cave dwellers, and spider warriors are all decent looking spiders, but the spitter, cave, lunar, and nurse are super ugly
  • Hats, I love a spider hats, but sometimes it can look, not so good, like put any hat on a cave spider and its like, oh ew

ok that is all thank you

9 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Hats, I love a spider hats, but sometimes it can look, not so good, like put any hat on a cave spider and its like, oh ew

and please fix this for wurt shes been out for some time and hats still look kinda funky i like nurse spiders look just wish the back was more detailed and for the other 2 they are supposed to be ugly and i like that

Just now, TemporarySolutn said:

why are they ugly?*

yeah

You titled the topic as if you were gong to explain why they are ugly, and not just saying they are.

Personally, I don't think any of them are necessarily ugly, I think they all look good in context of the game

3 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Some spiders are ugly

objectively incorrect

image.png.33a3d07f022ce2af24d49188d9a7fb83.png

You're meaning to tell me you're not in love with those nerdy teeth? Yeah, right.

And this is hilarious, and is the sole reason I was excited for the "spiders can wear hats" part

image.png.bc2e122a63f1de6fbec65ec7d9060915.png

I mean... I really like the Shattered spider designs. They look really cool and mutated, as they should be. 

The nurse spider could use some tweaks simply due to its design seeming very out of place, some tweaks having already been suggested over in the newhome data mining thread. 

Also, I could say that any creature in the Constant... or creature in the world... looks ugly. But you know, some creatures are just ugly, and mother nature isn’t gonna change that. Look at the blobfish irl (that’s what it’s called, right?), it’s ugly, yeah, but what’s the use complaining about it lol

Also also, it’s the beauty on the iNsiDe that matters, nOt thE oUtSiDe. <3

14 minutes ago, fierysage1 said:

Look at the blobfish irl (that’s what it’s called, right?), it’s ugly, yeah, but what’s the use complaining about it lol

Also also, it’s the beauty on the iNsiDe that matters, nOt thE oUtSiDe. <3

image.png.82a8cc3da55e23e6ba3ff75a23e1c0a9.png

I dunno man

To be fair, all spiders after Normal, Warrior and Depth Dwellers should be the standard. In my opinion Vanilla Don't Starve spiders need a high quality look update. If the artists are creating something different from what don't starve used to be, squiggly and sketchy, might as well update everything to fit.

The 3 squiggly spiders all look 2d paper like, while the others have a lot more depth and shading. That's why they stand out so much.

Adding this quick sketch of how a nurse spider would look as the og ones.

DSTNursespider2.png.1860e93d811ccde0b3ffa10e3a6d3e1f.png

Now we could have this. Or we could have the normal black spider with more shading and heart warming look as the new webber.

5e1958f55ddd41be5b0c0292e91c549030b858ec.thumb.jpg.1e214d71f19f40edc9cf832bc377d662.jpg

Archived