Can Wickerbottom have the next update please?

38 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Serious question, is Wickerbottom the only character that has gotten nerfed during this multi-year reworking saga? I cant think of anything else but that might be my bad memory. 

I disagree that she was nerfed. Her ability to grow food is now limited to 10, sure, but before RWYS the food that she could grow wasn't particularly good food. It was filler like berries and lichen. Now she's the best character for starting a farm, which is some of the best food in the game. Even after the farm is set up she can still instantly grow a bunch of whatever crop you need, and I think a bunch of farm crops on-demand is more useful than a bunch of filler, even if there was more filler.

Applied Silviculture taking living logs does not matter too much because by the time you need it you should have plenty of living logs.

56 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I disagree that she was nerfed. Her ability to grow food is now limited to 10, sure, but before RWYS the food that she could grow wasn't particularly good food. It was filler like berries and lichen. Now she's the best character for starting a farm, which is some of the best food in the game. Even after the farm is set up she can still instantly grow a bunch of whatever crop you need, and I think a bunch of farm crops on-demand is more useful than a bunch of filler, even if there was more filler.

Applied Silviculture taking living logs does not matter too much because by the time you need it you should have plenty of living logs.

That is incorrect. It used to be that Wormwood could plant a bunch of seeds in the ground and Wickerbottom could read the book once and have it all grow, hundreds of plants on screen in fact. Berries and stone fruit could be grown the same way. Now you can only grow 10 plants with one book cast, the book is incredibly expensive because of the seed requirement that you have to pick up manually and can't farm and it's not possible to grow the giant plants at all with this method. The new crop book is pretty much useless besides maybe early in the game to get more seeds faster for that reason. Doesn't make Wickerbottom bad, just makes the book bad. I think it would be better if we could build a sprinkler for watering plants later in the game and the old horticulture book came back but with silviculture's crafting components (living log in place of a seed and manure).

2 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. She's not getting reworked a third time. 
And if she is, she will be the absolute LAST one to get it. 

joew already said that she will get some love taking with opportunity of the arrival of wagstaff

maybe not a rework but more structures. i dont really want a rework just having something more than just catapults

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

joew already said that she will get some love taking with opportunity of the arrival of wagstaff

maybe not a rework but more structures. i dont really want a rework just having something more than just catapults

Not surprising she's going to get even MORE stuff since she's the Dev-team's favorite. 
But if she gets reworked yet again, she will be the final one. 

It seems that the general audience, at least the forumites, want a WX rework by a large margin and a Maxwell rework in second place. Of course Klei occasionally surprises with an unexpected rework like Warly, Wigfrid or Wes but generally the update order follows the demands unless they have a reason of delaying the rework (i.e. not giving Webber a rework before Eye of the Storm to keep Wagstaff in the dark)

46 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

Not surprising she's going to get even MORE stuff since she's the Dev-team's favorite. 

are you dev? cause you're oddly confident

11 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

That is incorrect. It used to be that Wormwood could plant a bunch of seeds in the ground and Wickerbottom could read the book once and have it all grow, hundreds of plants on screen in fact.

Hundreds of plants, and you're allowed to eat a whole couple of them because you need to feed 2/3 of them to the bird. Wormwood planting a bunch of crops and Wickerbottom reading the book near them was never a good food source because it took so long to do, required the attention of two players, and didn't give very much food for the time investment.

And that's also assuming that 100% of the time you're playing Wickerbottom you're playing multiplayer and there's a Wormwood who is also 24/7 online and loves cooperating with you doing that ritual.

Berries and stone fruit could be grown the same way.

I said it could grow filler.

The new crop book is pretty much useless besides maybe early in the game to get more seeds faster for that reason.

Have you played Wickerbottom since RWYS?

I want Maxwell. Not that he desperately needs it, its just that I love Maxwell and I'd like to see his rework :lol:

In all seriousness, the Farming book is not bad at all. It's just that the old book was too OP. 

Let's get this straight: I'm not a farming fan. I know RWYS farming is pure gold, but I'm lazy and I'm still more in the fast food department. 
And Wickerbottom's book solves that for me, whether if I'm playing as Wicker or Maxwell: Focus quickly on whatever seed you need, multiply via book, then get 30-40 with the book, bundle the food, bundle the extra seeds separately for the next quickfarming session, and on to the next thing.
Usually its either potatoes for healing the beefalo during a fight, or dragonfruit to eat for a season. Total time invested into farming: less than a day, and a book or two.

And the other books are just a strong as they always were. Wickerbottom kinda set the bar of how most characters should be, before reworks were a thing.

My guess is that granny will come after Wolfgang (whenever that is) and before Wilson-Maxwell, which will probably be the last ones.

12 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

Their favorite character to screw up

11 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Hundreds of plants, and you're allowed to eat a whole couple of them because you need to feed 2/3 of them to the bird. Wormwood planting a bunch of crops and Wickerbottom reading the book near them was never a good food source because it took so long to do, required the attention of two players, and didn't give very much food for the time investment.

And that's also assuming that 100% of the time you're playing Wickerbottom you're playing multiplayer and there's a Wormwood who is also 24/7 online and loves cooperating with you doing that ritual.

Pretty sure you still need to manage plants as Wormwood for the growth period now just to match the plants grown before. And why 2/3, half if not a third of the plants could yield enough seeds to regrow just as much plants. Synergy between player characters is always welcome, now that cooperative element is gone too. Point is you could get a lot more crops quicker before and you could make it simple and have some level of automation to it, but watering plants and growing them quickly isn't something you can do later on, just watering manually and using a very sub par book.

11 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Have you played Wickerbottom since RWYS?

Yes, but I never used the abridged book because of how terribly it impacts the already growing plants (you can't get giants) and because collecting random seeds by the stack is a chore.

Archived