Jump to content

POLL on Wicker, WX, Wolf “power trio”


POLL on Wicker, WX, Wolf “power trio”  

145 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you believe that the so called “power trio” of Wicker, WX, and Wolf exists in DST?

  2. 2. Do you believe that Wicker, WX, Wolf are broken/OP?

  3. 3. Do you believe that Klei should nerf said characters?



Recommended Posts

The trio died a long time ago to me when we got Wormwood, Warly, Winona, Wortox, and... pretty much every other new and reworked character. Really weird to me that a lot of people still hold onto this silly concept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are powerful, more so than most characters, but not "brokenly/over-powered". There are aspects of their mechanics going beyond overboard (Mighty Wolfgang with Chili-spiced Volt Goat Chaud-Froid for example, that am sure will be addressed with a specific nerf when Wolf rework will come due), yet over-all aren't more "broken" than a Wendy with "elixired" Abi or Wormwood in Spring with stacks of seeds. Not to mention their over-all pick rate is pretty low-average in bulk player-base preferences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Mighty Wolfgang with Chili-spiced Volt Goat Chaud-Froid for example, that am sure will be addressed with a specific nerf when Wolf rework will come due

there's barely any difference between x3 and x6 damage in almost every situation, not to mention the bajillion ways there are to kill bosses without even attacking them yourself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I only see Wolfgang as an 'issue' right now, but I don't want a nerf.

Just rework his downside into being meaningful and fun.

I would just tone down each aspect. Maybe less positives and less negatives (Smaller DMG, SPD, HP multipliers and less hunger drain) Throw a perk that lets him carry heavy stuff with a normal running speed on a full belly, remove transform animation, damage dealt to him won't do ministuns (full hunger too). Much harsher sanity auras.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wolfgang isn't really that crazy anymore with characters who can match his speed without jumping thru hoops or relying on outside help. His damage is much easier to be out done in or matched in dst due to the availability of varied character perks and cheese methods and balancing him around another character's mechanic is just silly to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Keller Max said:

I would just tone down each aspect. Maybe less positives and less negatives (Smaller DMG, SPD, HP multipliers and less hunger drain) Throw a perk that lets him carry heavy stuff with a normal running speed on a full belly, remove transform animation, damage dealt to him won't do ministuns (full hunger too). Much harsher sanity auras.

how about we don't touch wolfgang's base stats at all because his kit has been a staple of solo dst play for like half a decade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Wolfgang isn't really that crazy anymore with characters who can match his speed without jumping thru hoops or relying on outside help. His damage is much easier to be out done in or matched in dst due to the availability of varied character perks and cheese methods and balancing him around another character's mechanic is just silly to me.

Then we have Peppered Choid-Froid, that makes his damage even more absurd. Why would i pick another battle character if i can pick Wolfgang and mop the floor. And don't forget that majority of game content locked behind killing stuff, so Wolfgang is way too good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Keller Max said:

Then we have Peppered Choid-Froid, that makes his damage even more absurd. Why would i pick another battle character if i can pick Wolfgang and mop the floor. And don't forget that majority of game content locked behind killing stuff, so Wolfgang is way too good.

or you could just NoT GEt hiT (guille you've traumatized me) but in all seriousness wolfgang isn't that op since his perk is killing bosses faster and nothing else in my opinion he needs a LOT more to him because rn i find him boring

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

how about we don't touch wolfgang's base stats at all because his kit has been a staple of solo dst play for like half a decade

So were farms. Just because something is old doesn't make it good. Whether or not it is good is probably the more relevant discussion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dextops said:

or you could just NoT GEt hiT (guille you've traumatized me) but in all seriousness wolfgang isn't that op since his perk is killing bosses faster and nothing else in my opinion he needs a LOT more to him because rn i find him boring

killing everything faster*

the speed boost is also applicable to virtually any and every task in the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

there's barely any difference between x3 and x6 damage in almost every situation, not to mention the bajillion ways there are to kill bosses without even attacking them yourself

Don't get me wrong, am not a proponent of nerfs, au contraire. Just pointing at what devs said in a stream some time ago, that how Wolf stacking buff works wasn't intended (maybe someone else will provide some screenshots/quotes for that if having at hand). I for one am not into "strict mechanical balance" territory, since I value dope fun more than anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dextops said:

or you could just NoT GEt hiT (guille you've traumatized me) but in all seriousness wolfgang isn't that op since his perk is killing bosses faster and nothing else in my opinion he needs a LOT more to him because rn i find him boring

Boring Op Character. I think thats enough reasons to change him into something more fun to play and balanced. He is a strongman. Give him boulders to throw for fock sake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Keller Max said:

Boring Op Character. I think thats enough reasons to change him into something more fun to play and balanced.

I find wolf really fun to play, speak for yourself

op maybe if you're a new player who struggles with combat

4 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

So were farms

farms weren't a staple of anything, almost everybody agreed they sucked and same with disease, wolfgang doesn't fit into this category because he's loved by a lot of people including me, he's fun to play (the same way the new farming system is fun to interact with) and doesn't hurt your game experience (like disease did)

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

killing everything faster*

the speed boost is also applicable to virtually any and every task in the game

dragonfly is the only noteworthy time saver a damage multiplier gives you and even then her drops aren't fantastic, all the other bosses can be killed in ways that barely require you hit them yourself and the time saved fighting small/medium mobs like pigs or clockworks is minimal

wolfgang's higher hunger drain also greatly counteracts his speed boost; it's still a net gain of time in a lot of scenarios but if you aren't moving a lot you will actually waste more time than a wilson would, not to mention that wolf really struggles to outrun a domesticated beefalo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

Then we have Peppered Choid-Froid, that makes his damage even more absurd. Why would i pick another battle character if i can pick Wolfgang and mop the floor. And don't forget that majority of game content locked behind killing stuff, so Wolfgang is way too good.

Well as you may not have noticed dst is a multiplayer game as such there's plenty of reason to play wigfrid who will boost a group of players in a boss fight over Wolfgang heck even wendy can out do him in group boss situations due to the petal debuff. Then you got thing like winona's catapults that will always put wolfgangs dps to shame but let's not stop there yea Wolfgang can get buffed by Warly's dishes but if you had to pick what contributes more to a boss fight 1 Wolfgang or a group of players buffed by Warly with his seasonal protection dishes, light dish, and shared damage and defense buffing 2x damage is nice but pretending all character perks only help Wolfgang is a stretch his damage boost is really he has when compared to other characters nerfing his damage is equivalent to making him a bad character unless you give him a over compensating new perk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WX is a joke. His main ability is reliant on another player, restricting duos to either play Wicker or leave WX as useless as a potato cup. Why play WX when Wormwood can maintain his own speedboost/insulation via bloom? Using goop, mind you. Not red gems and the ever-so annoying to get reeds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Define op-ness and broken-

Point of view is a deceptive beast.

Damage modifiers are king to me in this game due to the way I choose to play the game.

To some one else, Wurt may be SSS tier due to the ease of obtaining resources. This is what you will find if you try to understand the pov of others within the community. 

In regards to the meta... My trio is Wolfgang, Wendy and Warly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

WX is a joke. His main ability is reliant on another player, restricting duos to either play Wicker or leave WX as useless as a potato cup. Why play WX when Wormwood can maintain his own speedboost/insulation via bloom? Using goop, mind you. Not red gems and the ever-so annoying to get reeds.

I thought that too, then one gentlemen reminded me about telelocator stuff. You can charge yourself by teleporting any creature.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

I thought that too, then one gentlemen reminded me about telelocator stuff. You can charge yourself by teleporting any creature.

That's kind of the problem though, all Wx-78 has is a speed boost. 

Maintaining that boost is also cumbersome compared to the growth formula.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

That's kind of the problem though, all he has is a speed boost. 

Maintaining that boost is also cumbersome compared to the growth formula.

I don't think WX-78 is a character I would play just for his speed boost. Wormwood does that way better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...