Worldgen spawning all geysers.

defster
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hi all!

I'm having issues with worldgen and i'm not sure if it's a bug or something on my side. No matter what i do, all non-starter asteroids spawn with all possible geysers available. While helpful, it's a bit too much. I've deleted and unsubbed all mods, re-installed, verified files etc. No dice. For reference, i'm playing on the DLC public testing Vanilla big map. Created tons of worlds and checked them out in debug mode, but they're all on steroids.

The second planetoid you get to through the teleporter has 16 geysers... The cold asteroid always has 5 iron geysers etc.

Rummaging through the worldgen files, everything looks in order. In "MediumRadioactiveVanillaWarpPlanet.yaml", geyser spawning is using the TrySome rule, which according to the file should spawn a maximum of 5 geysers (if lucky) + the few guaranteed ones, but i get all of them. It seems to affect all asteroids except the one you start on ("VanillaSandstoneDefault.yaml"). 

Am i the only one with this problem? Could any of you create a new world and check this? I've attached the latest worldgen i made; you'll want to look at the second planet.

Citadel.sav

Steps to Reproduce

- Creating a new Vanilla Terra world

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

The attached map seems quite normal to me. The amount of geysers is due to it being a big asteroid. On the smaller one you would get way less geysers.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

TrySome was calculated incorrectly among other issues. This has been fixed locally and will likely go out in a patch next week. Enjoy the extra geysers for the time being.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment