[Spaced Out! Update] - 464102

• Developer

Hi friends!

We've got a patch for Spaced Out! that enables mutations on Sleet Wheat, Nosh Sprouts, and Gas Grass. It also fixes a few crashes and other bugs. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

Changes

• Sleet Wheat and Nosh Sprouts now roll for mutations across their entire crop, rather than not at all
  • Gas Grass is now a normal seed producer for Spaced Out
  • Symbol tinting/scaling works for all plants now. This creates new visual differences for Bountiful, Exuberant, and Juicy Fruits mutations
  • Revised Metallic biome icon
  • Rocket Port building strings updated
  • Updated Simplified Chinese strings

Fixes

• Saturn Critter Trap no longer says it can mutate its seeds
  • Hooked up missing Saturn Critter Trap Seed artwork
  • Fix crash when toggling compost on mutant seeds
  • Fix a case where multiple rockets launching on separate worlds could emit gasses into the wrong world or not at all
  • Only play the "launch ignition" animation on rockets when taking off, not landing
  • Fix case where rocket ports would appear to be offline even though they were loading or unloading a rocket
  • Worldgen: Fixed border temperature gradient sometimes having its temperatures swapped
  • Worldgen: Extreme temperature borders now have a less extreme temperature in the middle
  • Pause screen now appears above other screens

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

36 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Sleet Wheat and Nosh Sprouts now roll for mutations across their entire crop, rather than not at all

Does that mean all 18 sleet wheat or 12 nosh beans seeds per harvest have a chance of mutation?

3 hours ago, Yunru said:

In case it hasn't been pointed out, you can still replace the windows of a habitation module to escape the intended borders of a capsule.

I think they should just have a persistent stream of massive pwater ice meteors go past the capsule. Anybody that can deal with _that_ deserves the additional space.

Edited by Gurgel
typo
  • Haha 4
  • GL Happy 1

42 minutes ago, Dupe_Noir said:

Does that mean all 18 sleet wheat or 12 nosh beans seeds per harvest have a chance of mutation?

I haven't been able to properly test it since my game has been crashing every time the grains get delivered/analyzed, but the screenshot I managed to grab implied that the roll applies to all 18 sleet wheat grains at once, which seems great. I've yet to make sure, though.

unknown.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

but the screenshot I managed to grab implied that the roll applies to all 18 sleet wheat grains at once

But it's not all 18 and I'm guessing that is why it crashes :|

Edit: Or maybe not..? It crashes even if there is only one grain inside the analyzer (it spit 2 unspecified sleet wheat seeds as [original] before crashing at the last one)

Edit2: Nope! It's not 18 mutated seed for sure. It's a mix of unknown number :hopelessness: (the one to the left contains 3 seeds, the other 15 are original seeds but they all stack) 

Edit3: It is 1 out of 18 it seems (I tried the two piles of 18 [unidentified] seeds I had and it's always the last seed)

876198835_splitofgrainsalwayslast.thumb.PNG.817e0872dbbdb63f35fbcd45f57e2a59.PNG

Edited by sakura_sk
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I think they should just have a persistent stream of massive pwater ice meteors go past the capsule. Antibody that can deal with _that_ deserves the additional space.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Ice Meteors !

I would love that :bee:

The dupe worlds feel a bit dull currently, without rain...

image.thumb.png.6584ebcf7934b49336a3c5e42cf157ad.pngimage.png.2ee805a6874430487bf39c09ff1a756e.png

image.png.1df33ae18aae70da04ce22ae29d28823.png

• Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

7 hours ago, Yunru said:

In case it hasn't been pointed out, you can still replace the windows of a habitation module to escape the intended borders of a capsule.

even if this is fixed, who is stopping the ship's skin from being melted? :-)

13 hours ago, Yunru said:

Solar trees still work too. Battery modules should not give up charge to outside the rocket, only take it and give to fittings.