What do you like/look for in a modded character?

I'm just wondering: Which design choices of a modded character do you especially care about / can't go without? I, for example, am much more keen on characters with "W" names, unique playstyles, clear gameplay design goals, and ones that visually and/or lore-wise fit into the game.

Decent art, nothing absolutely absurd design wise, and fits within the style.

Perks are subjective.
Sometimes I feel like people stress over making their perks unique and just boil down on them. I don't mind really.
I'd like to see more simpler characters that fit appear on the workshop more often...
Whemy and Charlie are very good examples of mods I like!
I'm gonna bring up my character here so if you don't care to read don't click.

Spoiler

Like with my character I simply wanted them to feel like a character old Klei would add, nothing hyper intensive when it comes to perks, some nice art and a voice and that was it.image.thumb.png.861824967cf8fa6bcbdb05cd4abbea70.png

Simple stuff!

I don't look for mod characters because they're all some combination of overpowered, poorly drawn, self-insert, character from other media, poorly written dialogue, name not starting with W, and mod page not giving any information of the character. If you're asking because you want to start making mod characters don't make them anything in that list and you'll have created the one good mod character.

IMO, a good mod character has:

- Good Art Style - Honestly, anime-ish characters CAN be designed to look good, but they should try to fit in with the Tim Burton atmosphere

- Fun mechanics - Pretty hard to do. You have to make the character have unique mechanics, but not be tedious and a fun playstyle, but not overpowered compared to other characters.

- Filled out quotes - Not necessary, but it breaks immersion for me when a mod character uses basic Wilson quotes.

I rarely even care about mod characters, but usually I have a list of things character should have:

1. W in name. Its the law, i don't care if its even port of some popular videogame character, change name to Wonic or Wengineer or smth (except Reign of Runts mode, its fine, i guess)
  2. Beggining of XX century or Constant vibes. It just important for design and experience
  3. Actually original and balanced gameplay. Idk why people play as mod characters that just reskined Wendy with a overpowered magic sword

If mod character have at least two of three such things its good, in my opinion

Archived