Ipsquiggle

[Spaced Out! Update] - 458389

zerstrick    28

With this DLC we have a lot of polluted dirt is posible add a option to the Compost to just accept "Sweep Only" just like that I can clean correctily the polluted dirt with germ

• Like 1

pether    738
58 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Interplanetary Launcher can now be toggled by automation

Excelent!

Now we really, really need interplanar automation, so we could send signal from one planet that we need resources from another!

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

SharraShimada    967
16 minutes ago, RomainL said:

Can we have an automation output to all the radbolt consumer? Green when they require rad and red when they're full. With a system similar to the smart battery. 

This, and a radbolt container. And yes, if the consumers can hold a certain amount in storage, a reservoir would only be logical.

• Like 1

pether    738
27 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

This, and a radbolt container. And yes, if the consumers can hold a certain amount in storage, a reservoir would only be logical.

Yes, automation is a must!

Storage - maybe not really. I mean - I like how radbolts must be constantly on the move and cannot be stored. Any Radbolt Reservoir would contradict their unique behavior...

But if we had radbolt accelerator we could make radbolt loops that could "store" radbolts flying in circles until they are requested by automation and that would be both really cool, would fit moving particle theme and could work as a storage you want

• Like 3

Gurgel    2386
1 hour ago, maurojunior2011 said:

Don't get me wrong, but who is developing this DLC, is really playing the game and exploring all its mechanics? ... because there are many things that make the game extremely easier and easier ...

I think this is a temporary state. Klei wants to get the individual elements working first and then they will look at overall balance. Probably the only reasonable approach anyways.

In particular, I would be very surprised if power generation remains that easy. Now, the Regolith storms of the past may or may not be the solution (I found them a bit tedious), but I expect there will be one.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Squeegee    785

I think the meteors and the scanner automation was a fun challenge, but it'd be nice if they made it more intuitive.

• Like 3

pether    738
6 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

In particular, I would be very surprised if power generation remains that easy.

It is already nerfed a lot. You can't just rush solar panel techs because you need rads for it first.

• Like 2

crbd115    175
24 minutes ago, pether said:

It is already nerfed a lot. You can't just rush solar panel techs because you need rads for it first.

That's not really a nerf when it only takes 5 atomic research, Just set up two radbolt gens in the space biome pointed into a atomic research station and your done.

36 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I think this is a temporary state. Klei wants to get the individual elements working first and then they will look at overall balance. Probably the only reasonable approach anyways.

In particular, I would be very surprised if power generation remains that easy. Now, the Regolith storms of the past may or may not be the solution (I found them a bit tedious), but I expect there will be one.

While I would normally agree with you on this, to me it seems like people are getting too attached to the current way the early access is balanced. From a game design perspective it makes sense to start things easy to get them tested and to just make sure they work. The problem from that also comes with when people get comfortable with the way things are then they get mad when the game gets harder.

• Like 1

Alfons100    348
2 hours ago, maurojunior2011 said:

Instead of facilitating, couldn't they complicate?

The sun generates 25 radiation, it is almost one launch per day ... For a planet that is on the side and already has teleportation of duplicates and materials.

Power generation is so simple that it is not even a challenge in the game and still put the launcher to spend only 240W? ....

Don't get me wrong, but who is developing this DLC, is really playing the game and exploring all its mechanics? ... because there are many things that make the game extremely easier and easier ...

I assume the idea is that the power generation for the Radbolts Generators are meant to be an energy sink. But that's kind of ironic because you get a ton of Radiation from Nuclear reactors... which generate heat for steam turbines anyway... 

babba    1468

Can we have RADIOACTIVE REGOLITH dear Papa Klei Smurf :confused::confused::confused:

spooky.gifradbottle.gifRad Handwash

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

SharraShimada    967
1 hour ago, pether said:

Yes, automation is a must!

Storage - maybe not really. I mean - I like how radbolts must be constantly on the move and cannot be stored. Any Radbolt Reservoir would contradict their unique behavior...

But if we had radbolt accelerator we could make radbolt loops that could "store" radbolts flying in circles until they are requested by automation and that would be both really cool, would fit moving particle theme and could work as a storage you want

Radbolts are stored all the time. In rad-research, the rad-engine, even in the rad-collectors. So its still there, but not in a "box" yet.

Did you notice radbolt count drops when traveling? Storing them in a loop will result in loosing them.

pether    738
3 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Radbolts are stored all the time. In rad-research, the rad-engine, even in the rad-collectors. So its still there, but not in a "box" yet.

Yeah, but it is more like "reaching destination" than "storing to be used later"

3 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Did you notice radbolt count drops when traveling? Storing them in a loop will result in loosing them.

But if we had radbolt accelerator it could increase this count. Yes, at this moment we cannot do this build, that's why I am making the condition you quoted

Sasza22    3143
3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added Targeting Beacon building, which guides Payloads to land in a more consistent location

I hope it looks like a giant magnet pointing at space.

3 hours ago, maurojunior2011 said:

The sun generates 25 radiation, it is almost one launch per day ... For a planet that is on the side and already has teleportation of duplicates and materials.

One launch per day isn`t really that much unless you are lunaching small quantities like eggs or seeds, maybe food. Eventually we will want 30-50 payloads per day to sustain constant production chains across space. And that should be possible for more distant planetoids than the teleporter one that`s basically 2 cells away. We need to stress test the system for that kind of production.

That said i don`t like how you can power it just with space radiation alone. Imo the radbolt generators should require a minimum radiation or something so it`s not that free.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Magheat2009    30
1 hour ago, crbd115 said:

That's not really a nerf when it only takes 5 atomic research, Just set up two radbolt gens in the space biome pointed into a atomic research station and your done.

While I would normally agree with you on this, to me it seems like people are getting too attached to the current way the early access is balanced. From a game design perspective it makes sense to start things easy to get them tested and to just make sure they work. The problem from that also comes with when people get comfortable with the way things are then they get mad when the game gets harder.

You have made a very important point there. If some people become too comfortable with the way things are, than they might vocally oppose any return to balanced state, which will make the game a lot less fun for the people who want the game to challenge them. I can already hear the echoes of the dreaded 'dONt LikE iT DoNt UsE iT' coming from the future.

Edited by Magheat2009
  • Like 2

pether    738
11 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I hope it looks like a giant magnet pointing at space.

Nope, it is green (no radiation tho) blinking light:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e705338f06dc45a225e85861c3f7e0e6.png

12 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

That said i don`t like how you can power it just with space radiation alone. Imo the radbolt generators should require a minimum radiation or something so it`s not that free.

Totally agree, but it feels like devs wanted us to generate small amounts of radbolts from space.

• Thanks 1

goboking    1855
Just now, pether said:

Nope, it is green (no radiation tho) blinking light:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.e705338f06dc45a225e85861c3f7e0e6.png

Is something that can be automated, with a green light for active and a red one for inactive?  Because, aesthetically speaking, that would look just swell.

• Like 1

pether    738
4 minutes ago, goboking said:

Is something that can be automated, with a green light for active and a red one for inactive?  Because, aesthetically speaking, that would look just swell.

Nope, red signal just turns the light off :(

Btw, IMO the beacon should follow the logic of printing and porta pods and be allowed only one per asteroid. When I put two of them, the 2nd was ignored by all incomming payloads.

@Ipsquiggle

• Like 3

crbd115    175
9 minutes ago, Magheat2009 said:

You have made a very important point there. If some people become too comfortable with the way things are, than they might vocally oppose any return to balanced state, which will make the game a lot less fun for the people who want the game to challenge them. I can already hear the echoes of the dreaded 'dONt LikE iT DoNt UsE iT' coming from the future.

I feel like a lot of the divide comes from the people who played when the base game was in early access and overcoming problems was the point of the game vs now with the newer players who never had to deal with things like for example diseases being lethal. Any time a player makes a suggestion to add some complexity the newer players who are against it seem to be the most vocal. I get that klei wants to have more broad appeal so the game is successful but for me at least I miss having to overcome problems instead of builldozing through them. Mostly because they aren't really a problem to solve anymore just something to slow you down. Slimelung doesn't matter, food poisoning doesnt matter, no meteorites so endless solar power and no need for mass steel production, wild planting means endless food and reed fiber. Then the argument comes of if "dONt LikE iT DoNt UsE iT". Which basically equates to don't play the game if you disagree.

• Like 1

goboking    1855
2 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I get that klei wants to have more broad appeal so the game is successful but for me at least I miss having to overcome problems

Theoretically, difficulty settings should allow Klei to appease both camps.  We have a No Sweat mod, so why sequester the current, non-threatening iteration of germs there and reintroduce the old, potentially lethal version in Survival mode?  Or give us options to toggle germs, meteors, etc, on/off.  Let us customize the game to be as easy or challenging as we want it to be and everyone wins, right?

• Like 2

babba    1468
16 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I feel like a lot of the divide comes from the people who played when the base game was in early access and overcoming problems was the point of the game vs now with the newer players who never had to deal with things like for example diseases being lethal. Any time a player makes a suggestion to add some complexity the newer players who are against it seem to be the most vocal. I get that klei wants to have more broad appeal so the game is successful but for me at least I miss having to overcome problems instead of builldozing through them. Mostly because they aren't really a problem to solve anymore just something to slow you down. Slimelung doesn't matter, food poisoning doesnt matter, no meteorites so endless solar power and no need for mass steel production, wild planting means endless food and reed fiber. Then the argument comes of if "dONt LikE iT DoNt UsE iT". Which basically equates to don't play the game if you disagree.

In general I find it good if games measure "the current power/wealth/force/capabilities" of a player and then present additional challenges, threats and increased difficulties to the player. This could be a new world generation checkbox to (de)activate:

"Increased threat scaling".

So if the game detects/measures that the player has massive excess amounts of oxygen, water, food and such, then players will be confronted with more severe threats, desasters and endgame emergency challenges in the game.

Edited by babba

crbd115    175
1 minute ago, babba said:

In general I find it good if games measure "the current power/wealth/force/capabilities" of a player and then present additional challenges, threats and increased difficulties to the player. This could be a new world generation checkbox to (de)activate:

"Increased threat scaling".

So if the game detects/measures that the player has massive excess amounts of oxygen, water, food and such, then players will be confronted with more threats and endgame emergency challenges in the game.

I mean sure but I'm not sure this is really a thing oni can do since it doesn't really have outside forces acting against the player. Like for example rim world where the game is actively monitoring your progress to scale incoming threats that the game itself sends at you. In oni the difficulty is more towards creative problem solving, figuring out what solution works best based on the current situation. My issue comes with when the problem to solve gets to be something where the best solution is to actually just ignore the problem itself.

17 minutes ago, goboking said:

Theoretically, difficulty settings should allow Klei to appease both camps.  We have a No Sweat mod, so why sequester the current, non-threatening iteration of germs there and reintroduce the old, potentially lethal version in Survival mode?  Or give us options to toggle germs, meteors, etc, on/off.  Let us customize the game to be as easy or challenging as we want it to be and everyone wins, right?

I mean yes in theory but many people have asked for this for about a year and it hasnt happened. Though I'm not entirely a fan of turning features completely on or off. I feel like it should only ever be a spectrum where the easy end is that it is an annoyance and the hard end being a rock climb. Like I could see meteors being something where the difficulty scaled from rarely happening to regularly happening, (not to the point of making solar power unusable but like say easy would be once every 5 cycles and hard being once per cycle) but don't make it so they can just be turned off. The main point is everything needs something to keep it in check. Solar power had meteorites, Useful resources in the slime biome came with slimelung, etc.

• Like 3