You think Spaced Out might pave the way for Multiplayer?

As the title says, Spaced Out seems to be filling a lot of necessities for a possible Multiplayer expansion or standalone like Don't Starve Together in the future. With having multiple planetoids, it's a bit more possible to devise gameplay of players having bases on different ones and cohabitating the same universe. Shared bases are whole different monster, as well as the time warping, but I don't know if I'm just being optimistic or if it's one step closer to ever having a mutliplayer mode. Anyone know if Klei confirmed they won't be shipping multiplayer for Oxygen?

I dunno, you'd think the FAQ would pave the way for people to mog keep asking about it, but that doesn't seem to have worked :P

1 hour ago, Unfawkable said:

Anyone know if Klei confirmed they won't be shipping multiplayer for Oxygen?

Just saw this line, and yes. They have confirmed it. Repeatedly. To the point of being in the afformented FAQ. Although you're forgiven for not knowing, since the easiest way to find it is to already know where it is (rather than being able to simply search for it). 

56 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Just saw this line, and yes. They have confirmed it. Repeatedly. To the point of being in the afformented FAQ. Although you're forgiven for not knowing, since the easiest way to find it is to already know where it is (rather than being able to simply search for it). 

Eh, I remember there being "We won't work on Don't Starve multiplayer" back in the day, yet here we are. If I'm not misremembering. This is a more difficult one to tackle, but hope dies last I guess.

6 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

In short? No!

In long? :D

Don't forget to ask for Steam Link while we're at it. So you can play ONI, on your TV, with a controller and watch the dupes dive into lava on account of our nimble thumbs. (Because why not.) /S

The even longggger answer is, in order to make something possible we need something else possible, like a lot lot more players. With enough profit and motivation they might consider rewrite this game to make multiplayer possible, as the current game layout is impossible for multiplayer.

5 hours ago, MinhPham said:

The even longggger answer is, in order to make something possible we need something else possible, like a lot lot more players. With enough profit and motivation they might consider rewrite this game to make multiplayer possible, as the current game layout is impossible for multiplayer.

Well it has around 8000 average player count on Steamcharts, which is more than Don't Starve had before Don't Starve Together came out. Think player count is the only thing they got covered.

Yup, factorio has multiplayer mode, and, although I didn't play it in multiplayer, a lot of guys had fun playing it. So why not for ONI.

5 hours ago, Heday said:

for ONI multi player, some sort of economy system, currency or barter economy between players or asteroids sounds fun.

ONI MMO? :D

On 3/20/2021 at 10:25 AM, TeDeum said:

Yup, factorio has multiplayer mode, and, although I didn't play it in multiplayer, a lot of guys had fun playing it. So why not for ONI.

That would be great ! @sakura_sk could then kindly land one of his rockets so I can understand the dlc rocket system + one load of water or ice please :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.3a58dd2423663430cf6da80e7b229f09.png

On 3/20/2021 at 9:25 AM, TeDeum said:

Well, because not every game needs a multiplayer mode, and i would rather have the devs keep improving the game with cool and great stuff as they have been doing.

You could rig coop yourself with a remote connection using parsec and switching back and fourth. Or somehow rig the server to accept input from multiple users and fight over which way to pan the screen and where to click

Archived