it remains to refine the mechanics and transform them more useful than simply a "machine to explode" in addition to showing the dangers of radiation from radioactive objects

when I saw it I thought it would be simple, but when they added space radiation and even shiny radioactive bugs, I believe they have some plan up their sleeve...

besides... why does uranium ore not emit radiation?

There still is the "interplanetary launcher" which I expect will allow interplanetary supply chains a bit like the teleporter.  It may encourage us to keep a permanent dupe population on each astroid and at the same time make that possible in the first place. (I can picture Meep desperately awaiting his daily water shipment, so he can stop drinking his own pee!)

12 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

So now that Radiation is a thing, whats next for the testing branch? Anyone know what else is due for spaced out before release?

In the patch notes it was mentioned that its 2 more rad updates. :p

More radioactive coffee :beguiled: !

8 minutes ago, ATM Reaper said:

Am I the only one that feels the game just went from very easy to very hard in 1 patch?

The biggest roadblock I've found now is needing to do research on board a rocket to get solid transport.  Which requires that I get a few hundred kg of plastic first.

31 minutes ago, NewWorldDan said:

The biggest roadblock I've found now is needing to do research on board a rocket to get solid transport.  Which requires that I get a few hundred kg of plastic first

Totally agree. Solid transport is something I usually rush and before the limited factor was waiting for a dup to have the skills. Now you need a rocket, plastics, go a to different asteroid, etc.. Not complaining, I actually like the challenge 

Personally I'm hoping for meteorites so solar energy isn't so easy, even with the radiation research its still too easy. Plus I feel like there's not much of a need for steel production and power use. Bunker doors and auto mining used to be half the reason we needed solar energy.
Edit: also just remembered that someone mentioned awhile ago that there was a radioactive meteorite in the assets

2 hours ago, yopyop6 said:

Totally agree. Solid transport is something I usually rush and before the limited factor was waiting for a dup to have the skills. Now you need a rocket, plastics, go a to different asteroid, etc.. Not complaining, I actually like the challenge 

Which is why on the sandstone start, I would go straight into drecko ranching.  Conveyors are so fundamental to everything I do mid-late game.

16 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Personally I'm hoping for meteorites so solar energy isn't so easy, even with the radiation research its still too easy. Plus I feel like there's not much of a need for steel production and power use. Bunker doors and auto mining used to be half the reason we needed solar energy.
Edit: also just remembered that someone mentioned awhile ago that there was a radioactive meteorite in the assets

Well as you can now only get access to the solar panels by interstellar research it is very much made more difficult now. I think they should make a game difficulty setting which Very Easy - would be no advanced research needed, Easy - No Atomic research needed, Normal - All research needed, Hard - All research needed but at double all research points. Would make the game customisable to your preferred difficulty level.

BTW here is what is next in testing branch:

On 3/16/2021 at 5:42 PM, Gurgel said:

There still is the "interplanetary launcher" which I expect will allow interplanetary supply chains a bit like the teleporter.  It may encourage us to keep a permanent dupe population on each astroid and at the same time make that possible in the first place. (I can picture Meep desperately awaiting his daily water shipment, so he can stop drinking his own pee!)

I read this and somehow ended up picturing it as a dupe delivery method too. 

34 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I read this and somehow ended up picturing it as a dupe delivery method too. 

Hehehehe, the Klei people expected that, because it has a very explicit note that no dupes should ever go in there, no matter how tempting....

i'm guessing they'll flesh out radiation/radbolts some more with some uses like the new nuclear rocket.  need that gamma ray oven

but God, i hope they add endgame stuff soon, like in a month soon.  like the temporal tear needs to be re-added.  then replay stuff like traits and more/different planetoids.  currently i feel like i'm just stumbling through the game and the only progression is the research tree

12 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

Well as you can now only get access to the solar panels by interstellar research it is very much made more difficult now. I think they should make a game difficulty setting which Very Easy - would be no advanced research needed, Easy - No Atomic research needed, Normal - All research needed, Hard - All research needed but at double all research points. Would make the game customisable to your preferred difficulty level.

BTW here is what is next in testing branch:

I have the testing branch and the solar panels only takes 5 atomic research which is very easy to do. It doesn't take any interstellar research. I think the current system is fine but I'm not a huge fan of how you get interstellar research. I kinda preferred just sending up a rocket with research modules to bring back data to research rather then using what little space I have in a command module for a research module that consumes power and plastic. Not that I mind it consuming those things but its just a very annoying system.

I´m too not very pleased with the orbital microlab. You have to support it with plastic, which you cant get on the starting asteroid. Then you have to start the rocket for a long time into space to operate it. Its just a huge waste of time and effort. And its annoying as hell. And the whole thing to get a bit of research, and you never need the system again after. 

On 3/21/2021 at 5:43 PM, SharraShimada said:

I´m too not very pleased with the orbital microlab. You have to support it with plastic, which you cant get on the starting asteroid. 

Not true: You get enough to make some plastic from the oil around the teleporter. After that you get 500kg plastic from some care packages. Also, the research goes really fast if you have a dupe that is a good researcher. I sent one up there and 10 points research did not even made is pee itself, because the dupe finished the research fast enough. 

The only issue I see is that it currently does not tell you it needs plastic until you try to use it. Otherwise it is pretty painless to use, provided you have some CO2 stored up. Also, the CO2 engine does not seem to produce any power, so you need a Hamster-Wheel and battery in there. 

Archived