Things i wish were included in the new QoL

First and foremost, an option to disable roads..

Second, reworking the way land/water is distributed across the map, giving us more options such as islands/archipelagos/ more/less rivers, etc..

Third, a game mode that disables console, rollbacks and the newly added feature that allows to edit world generation settings post world generation

1 minute ago, WainingWabbits said:

Third, a game mode that disables console, rollbacks and the newly added feature that allows to edit world generation settings post world generation

Just... don't use them?

Everything else sounds cool tho

when I lag back into a pack of hounds I just ran away from and I die because of that- I’m Rolling Back.

You can have your no rollbacks mode all you want... but when I feel like the death I just suffered was unfair- I’m rolling back.

Solo DS did not have a Rollback button, because Solo DS had both a pause button- and it didn’t lag you back into enemies you already escaped.

But the main function of Rollback: Jerk joins game, Burns down everything, takes valuables, leaves.

What do you do, salvage & recover? Rebuild & Repair? Nah.. you ROLLBACK :) <— Walmart smiley sticker here.

But I 100% agree we need archipelago world Gen 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

image.png.cb621526c118a606da808751cbe4b93a.png

I wish that this included cooking things over a fire. Even Warly's increased cooking speed can get tedious when I'm cooking stacks and stacks of things.

It work.

You just have to double click and hold with your stack of food.

14 minutes ago, kuroite said:

It work.

You just have to double click and hold with your stack of food.

Ah yes... my mistake. I was (and still am) having trouble doing that with a scaled furnace

Edit: Ignore what I said. it's working now. I don't know what was wrong lol

I'm surprised they didn't add an option to make sure we have both stuff like Juicy berries AND normal berries in our world. Having to wait an hour to generate a world only to find out it doesn't have both geekos and grass or the sapplings are all twiggy trees sucks. It's weird because this update was all about world generation settings.

Any sort of global pause function would be grand, given how the gang I play with likes to play for longer sessions with occasional intermediate breaks without having to terminate the game. It could even be handled with some item / structure in-game for what it's worth (then it wouldn't affect the immersion adversely perhaps). Anything to avoid having to save and rehost the game. This might be a bit much to ask for but it is frankly the only thing I miss at this point.

11 hours ago, WainingWabbits said:

Why?

11 hours ago, WainingWabbits said:

Why?

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

when I lag back into a pack of hounds I just ran away from and I die because of that- I’m Rolling Back.

You can have your no rollbacks mode all you want... but when I feel like the death I just suffered was unfair- I’m rolling back.

Solo DS did not have a Rollback button, because Solo DS had both a pause button- and it didn’t lag you back into enemies you already escaped.

But the main function of Rollback: Jerk joins game, Burns down everything, takes valuables, leaves.

What do you do, salvage & recover? Rebuild & Repair? Nah.. you ROLLBACK :) <— Walmart smiley sticker here.

But I 100% agree we need archipelago world Gen 

You don't have to play on the "hardcore" mode if you don't want, some of us like to play solo, and really don't want any cheaty features in our game, i want the old DS feeling back.. 

12 hours ago, Starlogy said:

Just... don't use them?

Everything else sounds cool tho

That would be the equivalent of deleting your character when you die in an RPG instead of playing on the hardcore mode.. or the equivalent of deleting your character in don't stave solo instead of the game automatically ending.. 

15 hours ago, WainingWabbits said:

Second, reworking the way land/water is distributed across the map, giving us more options such as islands/archipelagos/ more/less rivers, etc..

1) Why

2) Yes

3) Why

3 minutes ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

a pause button, i was really hoping it would have that , but when i read the update log and saw the name ''not a pause menu'' i was devastated.... it would have been the update of the year a pause button.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758532836&searchtext=pause

pause menu, zark made this and I'm pretty sure he made the QoL

If they aren't adding it it's for a reason

It’s not that hard to just let the timer lapse or hold the button to have world deleted, I can understand things like wanting Archipelago world spawns or well-

“A Series of Islands where you need to build a boat and sail between each one for valuable resources” Aka- Archipelago.

But.. I get the feeling Klei is no where near done with content updates, and as long as they are willing to continue pumping them out: There’s no telling WHERE the Future of DST might go-

Only Klei can possibly know that Information: Here are just a few examples

What if they plan to implement homes like in DS:Hamlet into DST? And what if when you Enter your home this would be equivalent to a “Pause” request. And if enough players are in their homes- The game pauses globally. (Something I’d love to have so I can go pee often)

What if Lunar “Island” is just the start of Klei’s plan to deliver Archipelago world Gen? And they will add More “Islands” the same size & scope of Lunar with their own unique mobs, biomes & hazards?

These are some pretty big “What Ifs” but I’m just saying we have no idea what Klei’s future intentions are.. 

But I doubt they include a “No Rollbacks Mode” that’s not Hardcore- that’s a death sentencing waiting to happen.

On Xbox One lagging is an often occurrence and Dying because of lag is an unfun experience which is why Rolling Back is fair.

For me a Hardcore mode would be: Removal of paths, Items/mobs/Resources NOT Spawning in predictable biome locations, No Mini-Map AT ALL, Actual Poison Damage over time mechanics for things labeled as “Poisonous Birchnutters” New Harsher Weather Seasons, New Tougher Mobs, Healing restricted to dedicated healing tabs only (Aka food & Tent Rest won’t heal the player)

THATS What makes a Hardcore mode: Not removing Rollbacks so your games are deleted thanks to lag.

But that’s just my opinion & as always not everyone’s going to agree.

7 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

1) Why

2) Yes

3) Why

1 ) Because they are messing the look of my base, and there is no way to remove them.. it also takes only three lines of code to implement this feature.. 

3 ) The same reason why there is a hardcode mode in ARPGs.. but i could go more in detail as to why i would like such a feature..

a. gives players that don't use cheats more recognition on their achievements

b. it's more challenging

c. brings back the old don't starve feeling

d. having the console / rollbacks available will eventually end up in cheating sooner or later

e. why not ? it is fairly easy to implement, i could implement both number 1 and 3 in less than one day.. 

17 hours ago, Monkey Cups said:

You can't dig up generated roads with a pitchfork and they often overlap/loop around uselessly. An option to remove them would be welcome.

its not like it has any negative effects

13 hours ago, WainingWabbits said:

1 ) Because they are messing the look of my base, and there is no way to remove them.. it also takes only three lines of code to implement this feature.. 

3 ) The same reason why there is a hardcode mode in ARPGs.. but i could go more in detail as to why i would like such a feature..

a. gives players that don't use cheats more recognition on their achievements

b. it's more challenging

c. brings back the old don't starve feeling

d. having the console / rollbacks available will eventually end up in cheating sooner or later

e. why not ? it is fairly easy to implement, i could implement both number 1 and 3 in less than one day.. 

why would they waste their time on a niche feature that maybe one out of every 400 people will use and have it take up space on the settings screen

a) just dont cheat

b) just dont cheat

c) what?

d) just dont cheat

e) then make it yourself

19 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

its not like it has any negative effects

But is ugly

20 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

c) what?

In ds you when you died was game over directly without any countdown screen or way to redo the last day via rollbacks. The only way was activating touchstones, meat effigies or pugalisk's life water

I just don’t understand why you’d want Klei to waste time giving you a No Rollbacks Mode when you can just- Not Rollback??

I mean- that feature is there so like if you lag back into a horde of enemies you just left.. you don’t lose your entire world to something that wasn’t your own fault.

But NOT having the option to Rollback when unfair deaths happens is exactly how things like THIS would get me to Delete & stop playing DS when my worlds got deleted.

The following is currently happening on Both PlayStation & Xbox Consoles- And Theres no ETA on when the patch to fix it is coming...

But ask yourself- should I be losing entire worlds to shenanigans like this?

In Conclusion: A No Rollback mode only sounds nice on paper- But when implemented you’ll wish they would’ve came up with better ways of incorporating a “Hardcore” Mode 

I want to die and it be MY Fault- Not have Lag or bugs like this kill Me & I lose everything.

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just don’t understand why you’d want Klei to waste time giving you a No Rollbacks Mode when you can just- Not Rollback??

I mean- that feature is there so like if you lag back into a horde of enemies you just left.. you don’t lose your entire world to something that wasn’t your own fault.

But NOT having the option to Rollback when unfair deaths happens is exactly how things like THIS would get me to Delete & stop playing DS when my worlds got deleted.

The following is currently happening on Both PlayStation & Xbox Consoles- And Theres no ETA on when the patch to fix it is coming...

But ask yourself- should I be losing entire worlds to shenanigans like this?

In Conclusion: A No Rollback mode only sounds nice on paper- But when implemented you’ll wish they would’ve came up with better ways of incorporating a “Hardcore” Mode 

I want to die and it be MY Fault- Not have Lag or bugs like this kill Me & I lose everything.

"The Darkness has swallowed me."

UH OH.

Sincerely,

Frightened Cactus

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

But is ugly

In ds you when you died was game over directly without any countdown screen or way to redo the last day via rollbacks. The only way was activating touchstones, meat effigies or pugalisk's life water

ds has console too, i dont know if it has rollbacks or not though

Archived