Things i wish were included in the new QoL

1.  DS does NOT have rollbacks.  It's signficantly more roguelike than DST in that way.  You die, you die (unless you have a touchstone, life-giving amulet or meat effigy).

2.  Just...don't...USE the rollbacks?

3.  I'd like to be able to control the map some too, there are mods for that such as "Advanced World Generation" (defunct now, sadly) and "Do Your Map" but it'd be nice to have non-mod options in the actual game.

4.  I've never had a problem with roads myself but I guess they _could_ be annoying if you want a really specific look for a megabase or something.  (shrug)

...Notorious

But NOT having the option to Rollback when unfair deaths happens is exactly how things like THIS would get me to Delete & stop playing DS when my worlds got deleted.

You won't have to play with rollbacks/console disabled if you don't want to, it's just a different game mode for those who want, jesus christ.. 

11 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

its not like it has any negative effects

why would they waste their time on a niche feature that maybe one out of every 400 people will use and have it take up space on the settings screen

a) just dont cheat

b) just dont cheat

c) what?

d) just dont cheat

e) then make it yourself

First, it would differentiate legit worlds from cheaters.. 

Second, it would take a couple of hours for a competent programmer to implement it

Third, imagine being worried about how much space a knob would take in the server settings menu

Fourth, i'd make it myself, but i cannot release official updates for the game since i am not a DST developer.. 

Fifth, i already explained all this, but for some reason, you trolls love to skip on relevant answers in order to enable yourself to continue on your hate posting sessions that you think will make you look like a "good edgy boy".. jesus christ this community is toxic, no wonder the majority avoid the forums.. 

23 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

lan worlds doesnt have lag (common worlds for solo players) and being killed because of a bug is extremly rare

I had on my server one Wigrid so lagged she was dying straing from everything (darkness because could not even put any miner hat, spiders when she could not move nor put any armour, pigs, anything). Lagg happen when one of people had worse internet connection or weaker pc/whatever potato they use to play. 

13 hours ago, WainingWabbits said:

You won't have to play with rollbacks/console disabled if you don't want to, it's just a different game mode for those who want, jesus christ.. 

you dont have to play with rollbacks if you dont want to, its literally the exact same game and "game mode"

29 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I had on my server one Wigrid so lagged she was dying straing from everything (darkness because could not even put any miner hat, spiders when she could not move nor put any armour, pigs, anything). Lagg happen when one of people had worse internet connection or weaker pc/whatever potato they use to play. 

yes, when the ping increase but mikes was talking about how useful is rollback because of lag meanwhile OP clearly plays on solo worlds which are LAN (you can make lan world for many people but with the new conexions is weird to see lan parties)

On 3/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, TemporarySolutn said:

why would they waste their time on a niche feature that maybe one out of every 400 people will use and have it take up space on the settings screen

You could say this for any worldgen setting on the world options screen. Even if you don’t personally use it and the overall use of the option is low, it certainly is nice for people to have the option and it can’t take less then a quarter of a second to scroll past it. It’s completely possible for it to be disabled (especially since it already is for the caves, and there’s a hidden setting to disable it on the surface as well in the code), and does help when you don’t want to deal with some particularly nasty cobble roads intersecting biomes.

On 3/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, WainingWabbits said:

You don't have to play on the "hardcore" mode if you don't want, some of us like to play solo, and really don't want any cheaty features in our game, i want the old DS feeling back.. 

I’ve played over 9K days of pure default settings and using a rollback once to escape a crash involving a substantial amount of entities on screen before the world setting changes came out. The options exist because they are optional. If you wish to not have a cheaty experience, don’t use rollbacks or modify the settings. Unless someone really wants evidence it’s not like it will be hard to prove you played normally either. Besides, even if that option existed, it would be completely possible for people to modify the settings by going into the files, get what they need, and then set them back so it looked like nothing occurred at all while still gaining resources.

1 minute ago, Maxil20 said:

You could say this for any worldgen setting on the world options screen. Even if you don’t personally use it and the overall use of the option is low, it certainly is nice for people to have the option and it can’t take less then a quarter of a second to scroll past it. It’s completely possible for it to be disabled (especially since it already is for the caves, and there’s a hidden setting to disable it on the surface as well in the code), and does help when you don’t want to deal with some particularly nasty cobble roads intersecting biomes.

why add a feature that is almost completely redundant?

5 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

It’s not like it directly harms anyone by it being added. It’s a neat option that people could use from time to time if they dislike the way roads look and don’t mind the extra walking time early game, so why not?

Like I said- unless Klei plans to offer up a completely offline single player mode: LAG & Malicious other players is the biggest culprits as to WHY the game should never have a Disable Rollbacks mode.

Now: if there was a single player mode I would 100% expect and demand that Rollbacks not be possible to get back that Solo DS single player feel... BUT- It would have to be playable offline, without other players and 100% Lagless with a Pause button (Aka all the things Solo DS does)

Im not ashamed at all to admit that I’ve got up to go pee and by the time I got back to my game I’ve died to whatever so I hit the Rollback button. This game is very bladder unfriendly.

Solo DS didn’t lag, it didn’t have other malicious players, and when I pressed pause it ACTUALLY Paused.

But as for the other things: Being able to remove roads & paths, and having an archipelago world Gen setting, I expected those things to come in a QoL update centered around world Gen options & settings.

However- Perhaps this is only the start of things to come? And Now that they’ve started focusing on this lovely little menu full of things we can toggle on/off more/less of- They will “hopefully” look into expanding and improving upon it with future QoL’s

for those who asking "option for console/rollback as part of settings" and "looking for old don't starve feeling"

me as a participant in early access of DST, you probably won't understand how it feels like in a server without "rollback/kick" option, while ghost remains its old ability, could make your life miserable and rage quitting the game. Can you imagine how ghosts role were being played by griefers in old-fashion don't starve together.

well... let me tell you how it is

they passively draw every single sanity and stack up debuffs for each ghost, affect every players globally, I played in a server with over 12 ghosts, it is literally standing next to an afk-deerclops every seconds. And when they haunting, there is significant high chance to start a fire on any structure, breaking down something, multiple treeguards, random items popping out from your well organized chest/chester, while being non-stopable.

even being now, griefing is still a huge problem source.

back in days, rollback and kick options took us so many days and months and arguments, were finally implemented into DST as QOL.

Spoiler

NOW YOU TELL ME YOU WANT TURN IT OFF WHILE YOU CAN SIMPLY JUST IGNORE IT AS A HOST?!

Photoshop Meme Works | Pewdiepie Triggered Meme (SPEED UP) SUB TO PEWDS -  YouTube

21 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

for those who asking "option for console/rollback as part of settings" and "looking for old don't starve feeling"

me as a participant in early access of DST, you probably won't understand how it feels like in a server without "rollback/kick" option, while ghost remains its old ability, could make your life miserable and rage quitting the game. Can you imagine how ghosts role were being played by griefers in old-fashion don't starve together.

well... let me tell you how it is

they passively draw every single sanity and stack up debuffs for each ghost, affect every players globally, I played in a server with over 12 ghosts, it is literally standing next to an afk-deerclops every seconds. And when they haunting, there is significant high chance to start a fire on any structure, breaking down something, multiple treeguards, random items popping out from your well organized chest/chester, while being non-stopable.

even being now, griefing is still a huge problem source.

back in days, rollback and kick options took us so many days and months and arguments, were finally implemented into DST as QOL.

Reveal hidden contents

NOW YOU TELL ME YOU WANT TURN IT OFF WHILE YOU CAN SIMPLY JUST IGNORE IT AS A HOST?!

Photoshop Meme Works | Pewdiepie Triggered Meme (SPEED UP) SUB TO PEWDS -  YouTube

nobody is asking for removing rollback and less in that kind of server that you describe

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

nobody is asking for removing rollback and less in that kind of server that you describe

Ik, Im simply trying to describing how tedious for such feature to be implemented without impacting gameplay experience heavily, and then asking option to disable it, I can see someone gonna ask "how to enable it during gameplay" again in the future

It is easy to implement, but it's tedious and redundant to be defined sometimes.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like I said- unless Klei plans to offer up a completely offline single player mode: LAG & Malicious other players is the biggest culprits as to WHY the game should never have a Disable Rollbacks mode.

Now: if there was a single player mode I would 100% expect and demand that Rollbacks not be possible to get back that Solo DS single player feel... BUT- It would have to be playable offline, without other players and 100% Lagless with a Pause button (Aka all the things Solo DS does)

Im not ashamed at all to admit that I’ve got up to go pee and by the time I got back to my game I’ve died to whatever so I hit the Rollback button. This game is very bladder unfriendly.

Solo DS didn’t lag, it didn’t have other malicious players, and when I pressed pause it ACTUALLY Paused.

But as for the other things: Being able to remove roads & paths, and having an archipelago world Gen setting, I expected those things to come in a QoL update centered around world Gen options & settings.

However- Perhaps this is only the start of things to come? And Now that they’ve started focusing on this lovely little menu full of things we can toggle on/off more/less of- They will “hopefully” look into expanding and improving upon it with future QoL’s

its like talking to a brick wall, but here we go again, the mode would be optional, you don't have to play it, some of us would like to, regardless of the lag or whatever.. besides, there are touch stones and effigies.. 

No console, no rollbacks, no altering settings post world generation, no server side mods, just pure DST challenge.. 

6 hours ago, gghhrr said:

Ik, Im simply trying to describing how tedious for such feature to be implemented without impacting gameplay experience heavily, and then asking option to disable it, I can see someone gonna ask "how to enable it during gameplay" again in the future

It is easy to implement, but it's tedious and redundant to be defined sometimes.

Adding an option to disable it, is not removing it.. its good to have options.. 

There was such a setting before, where you could set the server to not take snapshots at all, unfortunately, they disabled it.. 

10 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Redundant for you.. you have the strange idea that everyone likes and has to like what you like..

On 3/15/2021 at 3:02 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I just don’t understand why you’d want Klei to waste time giving you a No Rollbacks Mode when you can just- Not Rollback??

I mean- that feature is there so like if you lag back into a horde of enemies you just left.. you don’t lose your entire world to something that wasn’t your own fault.

But NOT having the option to Rollback when unfair deaths happens is exactly how things like THIS would get me to Delete & stop playing DS when my worlds got deleted.

The following is currently happening on Both PlayStation & Xbox Consoles- And Theres no ETA on when the patch to fix it is coming...

But ask yourself- should I be losing entire worlds to shenanigans like this?

In Conclusion: A No Rollback mode only sounds nice on paper- But when implemented you’ll wish they would’ve came up with better ways of incorporating a “Hardcore” Mode 

I want to die and it be MY Fault- Not have Lag or bugs like this kill Me & I lose everything.

**** happends... Either you accept it or you don't that is your choice. It isn't really the fault of the game if you don't put in the redundency. It's like saying "Fire emblem is ********! The enemy just crit me!" I mean sure it's intentional there but not less frustrating.  

A hardcore mode in Minecraft also is completely useless. Just like the difficulty lock... "JuSt dOn'T cHaNgE tHe DiFiCuLtY! WhAt A uSeLeSs FeAtUrE!"

14 hours ago, WainingWabbits said:

its like talking to a brick wall, but here we go again, the mode would be optional, you don't have to play it, some of us would like to, regardless of the lag or whatever.. besides, there are touch stones and effigies.. 

No console, no rollbacks, no altering settings post world generation, no server side mods, just pure DST challenge.. 

Adding an option to disable it, is not removing it.. its good to have options.. 

There was such a setting before, where you could set the server to not take snapshots at all, unfortunately, they disabled it.. 

Redundant for you.. you have the strange idea that everyone likes and has to like what you like..

Mike is a brick wall and redundant to anyone who has the a long enough attention span to not get distracted by a ******* road

Archived