Recommended Posts

babba    1621

Paaarttyyyyyyy !

Hope some of my crashes are fixed from the preview branch, need to check it out :love-struck:

image.thumb.png.54949b546f160f13bef24d1d4b6bab64.pngimage.png.6cac1f6a06069ed2892a0b0d078ed230.pngimage.png.fdd30e7b8fa2109d7d4d1f0b201531e4.pnglove3.gifrad.gif

Perhaps 2x3weeks ( rad updates ) + 3weeks to work/deliver on the new/updated world generation menu choices and regolith :confused::beguiled: Praying :p

image.thumb.png.8b35ff32dc7e168f3fecd04aea41d712.pngimage.png.76aaff8e575257941f428807756cfbc5.pngweekend.gifspacedog.gif

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sakura_sk    821
8 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Particle Generator and Particle Redirector harness radiation to produce high-energy Particles

Ehm... Wasn't HEP RIPed...? :-D

Ok... You are too fast :lol:

Edited by sakura_sk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve8    278

So what's the intended balance with the Orbital Microlab? That part looks inconsistent now. There is still the Virtual Plantarium. And both say they consume data from telescopes and the research modules. The Planetarium says it consumes data banks. Which seem to refer to base game mechanics.

It looks you are supposed to use research rockets now to conduct science in space. Which is nice. But then what is the Planetarium for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pulstar    41
Quote

Research Reactor can no longer be disabled by automation - instead, the automation port enables/disables refueling once the active fuel is spent.

5e2ab11eb2e1d_o,size,330x288,q,70,h,2ed7

Well, I guess reactor meltdown just got a bit harder to prevent with automation since you can't shut it down on a whim. My inner Dyatlov likes this change.

I guess this means we need to make sure we have enough water for the fuel currently inside the reactor. If the reactor can't have more than 3kg inside this is fairly easy. If it can have more, then it becomes challenging as you need to throttle the refueling to 3kg somehow.

I think I need to experiment.

 

Edited by Pulstar
  • Haha 2
  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sakura_sk    821
4 minutes ago, Pulstar said:

I guess this means we need to make sure we have enough water for the fuel currently inside the reactor. If the reactor can't have more than 3kg inside this is fairly easy. If it can have more, then it becomes challenging as you need to throttle the refueling to 3kg somehow.

Doesn't the reactor still blow up when it runs out of fuel, even if there is coolant available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NewWorldDan    106
10 minutes ago, Pulstar said:

5e2ab11eb2e1d_o,size,330x288,q,70,h,2ed7

Well, I guess reactor meltdown just got a bit harder to prevent with automation since you can't shut it down on a whim. My inner Dyatlov likes this change.

I guess this means we need to make sure we have enough water for the fuel currently inside the reactor. If the reactor can't have more than 3kg inside this is fairly easy. If it can have more, then it becomes challenging as you need to throttle the refueling to 3kg somehow.

I think I need to experiment.

 

I think it would be even better if there was an automation input that was just labeled AZ-5.  99.99% of the time it initiates a shutdown, but if conditions are juuuuuust right, *BOOM*. 

I want a certain level of authenticity in my reactors.

  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
syjnk    11

WOW

Research reactor has changed much from previous test branch.
When the fuel(Enriched Uranium) of reactor had gotten short totally, it started to MELT OUT right that time.

meltout_120321.thumb.gif.8b73ddb8e4197b2468a5ac88cbf1099f.gif

(⊙o⊙)(⊙o⊙)(⊙o⊙)
Didn't noticed that no way.

I'm "Totally" freaked out from that sudden MELT OUT.

My precious colony get exploded.

 

And Automation port is changed for fuel delivery. The previous one was for the simply On & Off.

 


oh, my. I need a breath.

My dupes need clean colony from radiation.

 

 

Anyway, Thanks for this great achivement of Devs.
Even Can't imagine the efforts and passions you invested here.

Edited by syjnk
  • Haha 3
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pulstar    41
52 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Doesn't the reactor still blow up when it runs out of fuel, even if there is coolant available?

Honestly I don't know, I just tried stuff through trial and error to see what makes it go boom in the test branch and the "no fuel" case either didn't show up or I mistook it for missing coolant. Would be a bit illogical (unless my understanding of reactors is wrong), since I figure if you don't have enough enriched fuel you're not generating enough particles to sustain the chain reaction by splitting more atoms and it should just fizzle out rather then explode (where is energy coming from?). But obviously this is ONI physics at work, so that might not be the case here.

Also how are we supposed to shutdown the reactor ever if it just is a beast that screams FEED ME once it gets activated, and blows up if not fed?

Seems SCIENCE! needs to be employed once more. Comrade Stinky will operate the reactor experiment, for the glory of the Colony.

Edited by Pulstar
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
syjnk    11
1 minute ago, Hokaeru said:

Nice ! :D
@syjnk What is it that causes the reactor to burst into radioactive comets ?

Fuel shortage of reactor bring that burst of MELT OUT.
( ˘︹˘ )( ˘︹˘ )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Steve8 said:

So what's the intended balance with the Orbital Microlab? That part looks inconsistent now. There is still the Virtual Plantarium. And both say they consume data from telescopes and the research modules. The Planetarium says it consumes data banks. Which seem to refer to base game mechanics.

It looks you are supposed to use research rockets now to conduct science in space. Which is nice. But then what is the Planetarium for?

I found some data banks, 3 I believe, in a crashed out satellite on the radioactive planet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stedam    1
1 hour ago, babba said:

Paaarttyyyyyyy !

Hope some of my crashes are fixed from the preview branch, need to check it out :love-struck:

image.thumb.png.54949b546f160f13bef24d1d4b6bab64.pngimage.png.6cac1f6a06069ed2892a0b0d078ed230.pngimage.png.fdd30e7b8fa2109d7d4d1f0b201531e4.pnglove3.gifrad.gif

Perhaps 2x3weeks ( rad updates ) + 3weeks to work/deliver on the new/updated world generation menu choices and regolith :confused::beguiled: Praying :p

image.thumb.png.8b35ff32dc7e168f3fecd04aea41d712.pngimage.png.76aaff8e575257941f428807756cfbc5.pngweekend.gifspacedog.gif

"World generation and regolith" What is left to do? A moonlet with shove voles and regolith? renewable uranium, graphite? Anything else?
If I could wish for anything, it would be that I did not have to start a new game with every world gen update. : | 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zach123b    146

in debug mode, i can't stop a research reactor.  it blows up/meltdown when it runs out of fuel instead of shutting off.  currently there is no way to peacefully shut down a reactor other than by deconstructing it.  at least, that i can see

edit: i tried a second time to double check, i deconstructed the first one.  it was filled with about 10kg of enriched uranium and a constant supply of water.  it is sad to see corium doesn't matter as it melts soon after

image.png.63f116cef1e84a16c66bfb3ee6450c0b.png

Edited by zach123b
picture for clarity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sigmok    60
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Research Reactor meltdown notification and music

Looks like I need to build another Reactor just for this.  I'm sure I'll have another meltdown.  Perhaps some of the mysterious meltdowns have been due to running out of fuel.  I have been trying to sort out the causes.

 

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix Orbital Research Station sometimes being "grounded" even when in space

Sweet!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Plum Gate    716
2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Research Reactor can no longer be disabled by automation - instead, the automation port enables/disables refueling once the active fuel is spent.

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you! 

Oh wait, this isn't the atomic research station, nevermind,  :x:oops:

Edited by The Plum Gate
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    487

Worst update ever. Deleted my kebinds, unable to bind mouse buttons 3 4 5. Just horrible. Crashes, stuck launches.

I'd rather have ONI without rad update that I can play compared to rad update I can't even launch.

Edited by cpy
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Han    54

The radbolt generator has no overheat temperature and can be made of Obsidian. Combined with its self heating, perhaps we could use it to create sour gas or melt metals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cpy    487

Binding mouse buttons 3 4 used to work before DLC. Devs please give us selection of big update releases in beta so we can select which version we want to play. Thx.

I'd complain less if I could just select resin update end keep on truckin'. Forcing buggy updates is not my thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leyt1125    12

So i need 5 cosmic science points to learn how to build Virtual planetary, which is necessary to earn cosmic science points?

WTF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now