Tribute to Helicalpuma: Rest In Peace, Puma.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

I can still vividly recall the sole time i managed to join a community world stream of his.

It was late in the midnight, 12:40 if i can recall, and I was about to sleep when I suddenly saw him stream in the Twitch category.

This was not an opportunity I was going to waste, so I joined immediately and picked Maxwell, harvesting when I entered

If Helicalpuma were reading this, I’m positive he would be getting a hearty chuckle envisioning you throwing back the bed covers, bolting  out of bed, sprinting to the computer in your underwear, logging into the game and anxiously hoping the server wasn’t full. 

Wow, still can't believe it :( He was the one of the first dst YouTubers that I started watching and the one who inspired me to start megabasing. I remember he had stopped uploading for a long while. I was so excited when he started uploading again in 2019 and even more excited when he made his twitch and discord. He will always be remembered no matter what. His presence, love, and kindness will forever be with us. May his soul rest in peace. 

First when i started dst a friend introduce me Puma, I learn the game with his great maxwell playthrought and i share it with friends to help them too, and i was often refering to his video when i needed help about the game.

Then he started streaming and with his new twitch community we started playing together and i made friendship, I had a really good time playing with him and I won't forget it.

Im sad i didn't knew him better.

All my condolences to his family, friends and his community

Rest in peace Puma I will miss you

Please Klei, notice the community's wish for a small tribute to him. It could be putting his name and a message on a gravestone perhaps. Or letting Maxwell make a reference to him when he examines a new item, it could be even just mentioning it seems to have an H engraved.

11 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Please Klei, notice the community's wish for a small tribute to him. It could be putting his name and a message on a gravestone perhaps. Or letting Maxwell make a reference to him when he examines a new item, it could be even just mentioning it seems to have an H engraved.

I'm not entirely sure how they would do it, but I agree. Maybe a tribute in their Don't Starve Museum. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

If Klei makes a tribute to one content creator, then they would have to make tribute to the whole rest of content creators or people would be angry they favor certain people over the rest. That's why they stay silent - they do not want unnecessary discussions about why they did respect one person, but ingored the other one. They are in a situation in which no matter what they do, they will lose. Ignoring the whole thing is probably the least bad option for them.

7 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

If Klei makes a tribute to one content creator, then they would have to make tribute to the whole rest of content creators or people would be angry they favor certain people over the rest. That's why they stay silent - they do not want unnecessary discussions about why they did respect one person, but ingored the other one. They are in a situation in which no matter what they do, they will lose. Ignoring the whole thing is probably the least bad option for them.

Then again, what precisely does Klei have to lose? Imo the rest of the content creators would most probably understand if a tribute to Puma alone was made, given the gravity of his work and the circumstances present. 

Also, consider: Why are there no discussions about why they added Cheeky Chris as a pigman name above anybody else?

8 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

Yes, that is understandable. I just wanted to throw some ideas into the world here, but I agree with you. I guess it's mainly up to the community members to do something and I'm really happy JamesBucket posted that tribute video.

5 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Then again, what precisely does Klei have to lose? Imo the rest of the content creators would most probably understand if a tribute to Puma alone was made, given the gravity of his work and the circumstances present. 

Also, consider: Why are there no discussions about why they added Cheeky Chris as a pigman name above anybody else?

Just like I wrote, they would have to deal with fans who would want their beloved content creator immortalized in the game.

Also from what I found out, Cheeky Chris is not dead and his name was added to the game because he shared his chat log with the dev, so we could consider it some kind of prize.

I mean... a pigman got a new name to 'honor' a forum user who leaked some stuff (at least according to the wiki)

So naming a pigman to honor a deceased content creator shouldn't be that troublesome.

I mean... how often do y'all expect someone to die, for Klei to have to decide who is worth referencing and who isn't?

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

So naming a pigman to honor a deceased content creator shouldn't be that troublesome.

I don't know about you, but how the optics will be when you inevitably kill (over-and-over) in-game that Pigman? Not a good tribute I reckon. If you people are adamant on this DST remembrance aspect, perhaps a lone Gravestone with some whimsical quote from Puma in the DS/T style will fare better. Not something sad, but funny pondering?! I for one, if I were to be remembered, I would prefer in a comical manner; not sadness/melancholy-inducing.

Anyway, condolences to all people reading this and knew Puma plus his legacy/persona meant something dear for them (I only heard "en passant" mentions of him).

Probably the best thing for Klei to do would be to make a short announcement about Helicalpuma. It's free, requires only over a dozen / several dozen minutes of writing and everyone would be happy. Rockstar Games does similar thing.

Archived