When is radiation being added?

55 minutes ago, 628960_1452790609 said:

I wasn't complaining, just asking. No need to be so hostile.

Probably not for a bit longer, they've got the basic framework already mostly laid out I believe, but there appears to be a few more things they plan on adding before releasing it out into the public.

Although for all I know, it could be the next upgrade coming in 3 days. :wilson_curious:

4 hours ago, 628960_1452790609 said:

Sorry... I wasn't trying to be mean/mock you... I think everyone is waiting for radiation the moment the DLC was available. I blame @babba for constantly reminding me that radiation/nuclear reactor is not a thing in game yet :lol: and I'm on the verge of asking "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we? Are we?" . Nothing is officially said about "when" it will be added in the testing branch, just that it definitely will at some point. You can still try the DLC if you like. There is a whole new starting biome and different challenges than the base game but it's not finished yet.

Give it time. The original game took something like 2.5 years in early access. I got in after about 1/3 of that and I essentially got several different games in that time, all good. I think expecting 1.5 years or so for the DLC to be fully finished is realistic. At the moment things are still very basic. 

10 hours ago, 628960_1452790609 said:

People are just mocking the situation, not you. I guess we have all asked questions like yours before, only to learn the scary truth that good things take time.

23 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I think expecting 1.5 years or so for the DLC to be fully finished is realistic. At the moment things are still very basic. 

The Steam store page for the DLC says "We don't have a concrete launch date picked out, but we are expecting Early Access development to take somewhere around 3-6 months."

As the Early Access and thus this store page was launched in December, this would result in exiting EA around March to June. Radiation would most likely come to EA long before that, so it should be coming "soon" (not necessarily tomorrow, but it shouldn't be a matter of years in any case). 

Of course they also said that "This may change as we incorporate player feedback - we don't believe in shipping games until we are happy with them!" So they explicitly never promised a release in e. g. June. But the timescale Klei envisioned is obviously much faster than these 1.5 years assumed here. 

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I guess we have all asked questions like yours before, only to learn the scary truth that good things take time.

I wouldn't call it scary, it sounds nice when one is talking about good things. I guess it is a matter of perspective.

I feel that we are slowly finishing space part of the DLC (unless KLEI will surprise me with something cool and unexpected) so the radiation should come next. My guess would be that we will see first radioactive stuff within a month or two. But if it was added later because more space updates I would be totally happy with it

46 minutes ago, pether said:

I wouldn't call it scary, it sounds nice when one is talking about good things. I guess it is a matter of perspective.

I feel that we are slowly finishing space part of the DLC (unless KLEI will surprise me with something cool and unexpected) so the radiation should come next. My guess would be that we will see first radioactive stuff within a month or two. But if it was added later because more space updates I would be totally happy with it

Maybe the reactor can be fitted in to a rocket ? People cram so much stuff in to rockets... :lol:@sakura_sk

What about a nuclear rocket engine which is powered by the reactor inside a rocket ?

I don`t know what the situation is, but I do hope not everyone is forced to play inside rockets.

Whataboutism filling a rocket with all the radioactive waste and dropping it in to a sun :confused::confused::confused: We need a sun - One minimum !

If we get 2 suns, it would be enough for multiplayer.

image.png.320cc9a424c66829111e7c3b43058abe.png

1 hour ago, babba said:

We need a sun - One minimum !

If you think about it, sun is only a little of hydrogen pushed together to merge into helium. We should be able to repeat the process and make nuclear fusion reactor in ONI. Then you can have as many suns as you wish!

4 hours ago, YMS44 said:

The Steam store page for the DLC says "We don't have a concrete launch date picked out, but we are expecting Early Access development to take somewhere around 3-6 months."

As the Early Access and thus this store page was launched in December, this would result in exiting EA around March to June. Radiation would most likely come to EA long before that, so it should be coming "soon" (not necessarily tomorrow, but it shouldn't be a matter of years in any case). 

Of course they also said that "This may change as we incorporate player feedback - we don't believe in shipping games until we are happy with them!" So they explicitly never promised a release in e. g. June. But the timescale Klei envisioned is obviously much faster than these 1.5 years assumed here. 

Software always takes longer than anybody thinks. Law of nature.

1.5 years is my personal worst-case estimate though, and not based on anything Klei ever said.

6 hours ago, babba said:

Maybe the reactor can be fitted in to a rocket ? People cram so much stuff in to rockets...

I honestly can`t wait for someone trying that. It would be hilarious.

Honestly i feel like they are 2-3 updates from adding the main stuff for space (then they`ll just do QoL and bugfixes for it) and after that they`ll focus on the nuclear stuff.

37 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I think I can hear a "challenge accepted" somewhere in the youtube/livestream corner 

With the creative ways people are finding to destroy rocket walls, I don't doubt that someone will make a nuclear-powered mobile rocket city. Someone will take Galactica through the temporal tear with all of their dupes aboard. 

3 hours ago, 2tallyGr8 said:

What about breaking the windows in a rocket and building a rocket in a rocket?

Now I need an Inception screenshot instead of one from Interstellar...
I don't remember any rockets in that one so here:

image.png.e3de17d8eeb0a364827caee2476cb4a6.png

Archived