ITT: We speculate about the possiblity of genetic modification.

3 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

You can see a screenshot of it I took early in the patch thread behind a spoiler box.

Thank you! But I spoiled myself the moment the update dropped (debug-sandboxed everything :lol: )

I also had a laugh after spawning a dupe in water planet in order to deactivate debug and work with sandbox and then I remembered... Dupes sink... and "revealed" the planet :D ...slowly

Spoiler

1404905503_itworks.thumb.JPG.e2350a4728c0b8c9626741a3072f1415.JPG

I was checking that "weird" behavior below and forgot about the poor dupe...

Spoiler

I hope it is just visual glitch and no actual tungsten volcanos erupting across asteroid borders :spidercowers:

757057837_sorrywhat_.thumb.png.2e33f37fc15f39979de755be964886b0.png

8 hours ago, goboking said:

While you guys are exploring space or waiting to split the atom, I'm looking forward to the possibility of genetically altering dupes, critters, and plants.  Any guesses as to what this thing might do?

d7fqokP.png

Credit:@watermelen671 for the datamining the animation.

Really great dig !

I love the printer graphics...Its Cold War & Science Style - Nice :p Need some big IBM backup tape machines.

I think something like a development of the Neural Vacillator system.

Although, it would not be bad to implement a system of genetic mixing. Hatch-dupe. 
+20 excavation.
Sleeps, burrowed into the ground.
Eats fried rocks. Well-done only.
How can I put it...  Hmm... Able to "supply" two coal generators. Right.
Becomes a night owl.
Hmm... Oh yeah, lays an egg every 600 cycles. What to do with it? Destroy it before it hatches and eats everyone!!! Just kidding. It just a Dupe-hatch will hatch out of it, a useless thing that will sneak into the kitchen, steal food, produce filth, and periodically bury itself in places it can't dig out of and you'll have to take forever to get it out of there so it doesn't die. He also knows how to hijack a rocket. But he doesn't know how to pilot it, so you have to constantly fly it into orbit and bring it back. All in all, a typical duplicant. Just small and ugly.

By the way, don't you think that thing on the left looks like Sweepy? Poor thing...

Looking at things now, it would appear it's for studying seed mutations:

Spoiler

public class BASIC_MUTATION_A
    {
        public static LocString NAME = "Plentiful";

public static LocString DESCRIPTION = "A plant with this mutation produces a higher yield of crop";
    }

public class BASIC_MUTATION_B
    {
        public static LocString NAME = "Tropical";

public static LocString DESCRIPTION = "A plant with this mutation prefers an environment with higher temperatures";
    }

public class BASIC_MUTATION_C
    {
        public static LocString NAME = "Gluttonous";

public static LocString DESCRIPTION = "A plant with this mutation requires more " + UI.FormatAsLink("Fertilizer", "FERTILIZER");
    }

public class BASIC_MUTATION_D
    {
        public static LocString NAME = "Guzzling";

public static LocString DESCRIPTION = "A plant with this mutation requires more irrigation";
    }

public class BASIC_MUTATION_E
    {
        public static LocString NAME = "Fasting";

public static LocString DESCRIPTION = "A plant with this mutation requires less " + UI.FormatAsLink("Fertilizer", "FERTILIZER");
    }

public class BASIC_MUTATION_F
    {
        public static LocString NAME = "Arid";

public static LocString DESCRIPTION = "A plant with this mutation requires less irrigation";
    }

public class BASIC_MUTATION_G
    {
        public static LocString NAME = "Precocious";

public static LocString DESCRIPTION = "A plant with this mutation requires less growing time";
    }

public static LocString UNIDENTIFIED = "Unidentified Subspecies";

public static LocString UNIDENTIFIED_DESC = "This seed must be identified at the " + BUILDINGS.PREFABS.GENETICANALYSISSTATION.NAME + " before it can be planted.";
}

Edit: Yep, it's for seeds.

// STRINGS.BUILDINGS.PREFABS.GENETICANALYSISSTATION
public class GENETICANALYSISSTATION
{
	public static LocString NAME = UI.FormatAsLink("Botanical Analyzer", "GENETICANALYSISSTATION");

public static LocString DESC = "Would a mutated rose still smell as sweet?";

public static LocString EFFECT = "Identifies new " + UI.FormatAsLink("Seed", "PLANTS") + " subspecies.";
}

On 2/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, SharraShimada said:

You´re all wrong. I guess its Gossman, and she is vomiting in the port on the left. Then its analyzed, and the printer tells her whats wrong with her.  So Meep can make some "mono-brew" to cure her :P

With that knowledge its much more fun watching the animation :lol:

Archived