Which character do you think will be added as the next DLC character?

Which character will be next?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next DLC character?

• Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Wilba
    • Woodlegs
    • Walani
    • Wilbur
    • Other(Example: Charlie, unimplemented, Warbucks, ect)

4 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

I personally think that Wagstaff will be the next character because so far he is the biggest plot hole in the story and will put a lot together if he gets added to Don't Starve Together.  I mean,  Winona and him were both pulled into the constant only minutes apart.

I agree same from the very beginning. WX-78 rework will open up with Wagstaff's arrival. The gaps in the story will begin to fill one by one, for example, the yellow gloved person who appears in the Winona clip is described as Wagstaff and this knowladge remains meaningless. In a world that would not exist without Wagstaff, the possibility that Wagstaff was not added as a character hurts to me every second. Those who know the story of the game can easily understand what I mean. Speaking outside the story, we're talking about a tech master, this guy designed the WX-78. There's no need to even argue what he can bring to the game.

3 hours ago, DaZoul said:

opinions on Walter are subjective. I don't think he's a bad character. And, after all, they can learn from him and make a new character that's much better

I'd really rather they fixed him and others instead of adding more characters.  Anyone else feel this way?

I'd _like_ Walani, but I'm starting to reluctantly come to the conclusion that just because _one_ character from Shipwrecked was ported over, doesn't mean anybody ELSE will be.  Ever.  Which is a shame, 'cos I'd like to see her surfboard working kinda like a faster one-person non-cookie-shaped boat in DST, but hey...

It'll probably be some brand new character we've never heard of before.  Especially if DLC characters aren't supposed to be lore-heavy.

...Notorious

swagstaff might be one, if they decide to finally expand the lore. Which I don't think would happen, since.. y'know, telebrella and thumper OP.

Wheeler? maybe. she ain't too OP for some players who can't time her dodges right, but if done right she'd be pretty decent.
Keep in mind that armor durability is still deducted even when her dodge was successful.

About the vote, I'm fine with anyone being implemented.

18 hours ago, pr0o said:

I hope they bring characters that haven't been implemented in the game files before and we'll have a chance to play with new characters and my favourite character is Waverly

I actually just had a dream last night involving Waverly, she had the weirdest playstyle but I loved it(?)

She had this on demand Witch's cloak that shrouded her from sunlight and hostile mobs at the cost of movement speed, and I think in the dream she lost health in the daylight?

She also had this living log wand thing that you had to imbue with a certain ingredient to cast a specific spell, like this one that turned a sapling into a twiggy tree using twigs as the ingredient, and one where you could turn most small mobs into frogs with frog legs as the ingredient. :lol:

On 2/10/2021 at 3:16 PM, W0l0l0 said:

I'd really rather they fixed him and others instead of adding more characters.  Anyone else feel this way?

I agree in that I don't really want new characters added. And by new, I mean a character we have never seen before.

I feel like adding new characters would make not only the story behind the Don't Starve franchise more convoluted, but I feel like it would also take attention away from the characters we already have. Plus, that would pile more work on Klei's end too (more characters to animate backstories for, unless the devs already have the full plotline pretty much solid and somehow there are still more important characters that we haven't seen yet). 

However, I would honestly be fine with Klei adding one of the DS characters, hoping it'll be Wagstaff if so. As a person who enjoys learning about the plotline of DST, I'm crossing my fingers that Klei's work this year will bring to light things in relation to the story that have been in the dark for a while. 

1 hour ago, fierysage1 said:

I agree in that I don't really want new characters added. And by new, I mean a character we have never seen before.

I feel like adding new characters would make not only the story behind the Don't Starve franchise more convoluted, but I feel like it would also take attention away from the characters we already have. Plus, that would pile more work on Klei's end too (more characters to animate backstories for, unless the devs already have the full plotline pretty much solid and somehow there are still more important characters that we haven't seen yet). 

However, I would honestly be fine with Klei adding one of the DS characters, hoping it'll be Wagstaff if so. As a person who enjoys learning about the plotline of DST, I'm crossing my fingers that Klei's work this year will bring to light things in relation to the story that have been in the dark for a while. 

I dunno, I look at each playable character (including Walani) as a way for Klei to offer us a unique and exciting way of playing the game, by having Abilities, Craftables, Things they Can Do/Interact with- that other characters can’t do, or can’t do as effectively as them.

For example: If you play as Wendy only Wendy can casually stroll graveyards befriending Pipspook in an epic quest to find their lost ghostly belongings in exchange for Ghostly currency to make your sister more powerful.

If you play as Willow Only Willow needs to learn how to be a master at Sanity Manipulation (being sane or Insane when she needs to be) In addition she’s also completely immune to fire damage.

If you play Woodie your the only character in the game that can create transformation idols to force yourself to transform into a Moose/Goose/ or Beaver.

Each character should fulfill a unique role like that so they each feel different enough to NOT feel the same.

Play as Wormwood and you can force yourself to bloom and run faster by smearing poop on yourself & you can talk to RWYS plants by just running around in them.

I expect Reworks and New Characters to also fill this same role: to each have a “thing” they can do, craft, interact with or do more effectively than other characters.

I would love to see Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba and Wagstaff added to DST. But I’d also love to see brand new ideas explored that the 6 above couldn’t fulfill because they already have an expected niche.

I would still love to see them ALL eventually in the game though: They each already have a fanbase of people wanting to play as & buy skins for them.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, pr0o said:

I hope they bring characters that haven't been implemented in the game files before

I completely agree and was thinking that Waverly seemed like the most likely candidate.

... Until I read this:

Wilton was originally an iteration of Woodlegs. He would have been able to transform into a skeleton, but the developers had trouble implementing the mechanic.

I'm not the hugest fan of Woodlegs, but wouldn't that be just perfect?

Warly came in with a complete refresh, Wortox got finished up and added, what if we get a returning character combined with an unfinished character, who also happens to be ocean-focused when that's a highly unfilled niche right now? Methinks it would be brilliant.

Most of us here understand what they mean by "DLC character", right? It doesn't just mean a character that comes from the DLC's. It just means you pay for it, like Wortox or Wurt, who do not come from Hamlet or shipwrecked and are completely new. Wormwood has been the only exception so far, since Warly was free and not DLC.

The answer is most likely nothing on that poll.

Archived