DST Year of the Beefalo is Live!

Okay, so for an eternal world... What should I focus on getting for its first Chinese New Year event? I just found out there are two special fish to catch. There are dolls to make, the Shrine and skins... hoarding gold nuggets I guess.

Any other hidden things like the fish that will very likely go away after the event?

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 3:38 AM, AlternateMew said:

Okay, so for an eternal world... What should I focus on getting for its first Chinese New Year event? I just found out there are two special fish to catch. There are dolls to make, the Shrine and skins... hoarding gold nuggets I guess.

Any other hidden things like the fish that will very likely go away after the event?

My first year of event in an eternal world too! There's the fish and other stuff you covered, also the three pieces of the lucky beast outfit. The beefalo figure sketch too obviously.

I like to keep a precrafted version of event exclusive structures as well just as a last failsafe - oven, the potions lab, beef shrine. Pretty sure they remain in your crafting tab anyway so long as you've made them once but never hurts!

I went out and filled a fishing tin full of the two types of koi in case I ever want to use them as decoration. Only took roughly a little over a third of a season they're pretty easy to find and fairly plentiful. Just watch out for annoying gnarwails or sharks.. 

You can always stock up on floating and red lanterns  and firecrackers for special occasions.

You can also very easily make additional beefalo herds where ever you want in your world at the moment including caves via the bell which may or not remain after the event ends. 

I think that's everything!

On 2/15/2021 at 3:26 AM, 1973 said:

Are there skins that players will only get during this time frame by playing?

There's also technically the three new event full body skins at the moment in clothing. They seem to only be usable during the event though as I don't see other versions of them further down the tab, they're kind of cool though.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:14 AM, Omid.R.G said:

When I bind a bell to my tamed beefalo, it seems to remove the domestication completely! What's the point of customizing beefalo if I can't customize my already tamed beefalos?

I'm wondering the same thing. Just finished taming my beef', and then used the bell and.. it seems that he lost the tame ? the interaction seems weird, can someone clarify it ? thanks

12 hours ago, 538503_1452788024 said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Just finished taming my beef', and then used the bell and.. it seems that he lost the tame ? the interaction seems weird, can someone clarify it ? thanks

I was expecting the grooming station to work just fine for tamed beefalos even without the bell. Because if you have tamed one, you don't really need a bell. But right now, It's really confusing.

3 hours ago, Omid.R.G said:

I was expecting the grooming station to work just fine for tamed beefalos even without the bell. Because if you have tamed one, you don't really need a bell. But right now, It's really confusing.

The Bell does so much more then just “Bond” you to a Beefalo, without the Bell in your Inventory you can not travel through Wormholes, into Caves or Leave/Rejoin a server and your Beefalo leave with you.

Think of the Bell like it’s Woby: It does all the things Woby Does Minus Storage Slots & shrinking/growing big when feed.