Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

On 2/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, AlternateMew said:

To me, this move signals that you no longer need financial support from the community, and more importantly, a portion of that money is actively funneled towards malicious intentions.

A company always needs financial support to keep the high ground and pay the bills! As long as the products of said company is there, there will be need for support, and the bulk earnings like this will go to studio upgrading, content production, a bit of rise for employees and maybe new games being produced! I don't find any of these malicious.

After supporting Klei for years and loving their games I will never again purchase one, not a cent will go towards them.

CCP has held events at Tencent HQ in Beijing, these are the people sending thousands of people to "re-education" camps and worse. This is who you sold ownership of Klei to.

The Tencent (QQ) penguin for the CCP event.

tencent.jpg

On 3/12/2021 at 6:10 AM, VitaminK said:

After supporting Klei for years and loving their games I will never again purchase one, not a cent will go towards them.

CCP has held events at Tencent HQ in Beijing, these are the people sending thousands of people to "re-education" camps and worse. This is who you sold ownership of Klei to.

The Tencent (QQ) penguin for the CCP event.

umm......any askers?

its literally been a month since anyone even posted in this reply section 

so all i can really say is 

any askers? 

16 hours ago, viberr said:

umm......any askers?

its literally been a month since anyone even posted in this reply section 

so all i can really say is 

any askers? 

It's a studio announcement, doesn't matter if it was days or months ago. Your response on the other hand is pointless and contributes absolutely nothing.

5 minutes ago, VitaminK said:

It's a studio announcement, doesn't matter if it was days or months ago. Your response on the other hand is pointless and contributes absolutely nothing.

i know 

but i gave my response ages ago 

so it doesn't really matter 

in a way,your response doesn't matter either because people are still helping ccp in so many ways 

and not supporting one company won't change a single thing 

ccp will still continue with their genocide and unless someone with a lot of power puts a stop to them then we are useless because not buying klei's products won't change anything because other people will buy them instead of you  

so in conclusion, life sucks, theres so many people in the world to the point where your actions don't make any change at all to the world 

you can stop supporting klei but really im just saying 

were there any askers?

I will admit that holding on to a trial period is proving to be extremely hard. I've never seen better official game devs than the Klei devs. It kind of hurts.

I can't be mad at them, but I don't want to fall for the flawed logic of whataboutism. I want to support Klei's devs, but not Tencent. And I don't know if that's possible with Tencent basically owning Klei now.

1 hour ago, viberr said:

in a way,your response doesn't matter either because people are still helping ccp in so many ways

This is a terrible mindset to have. Just because "other people do it" does not mean that any individual gets a free pass to do something they deem as bad or immoral. Many people do many very, very bad things, so not doing them yourself doesn't matter, right? Because that is the mindset you are showing with that comment.

42 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

This is a terrible mindset to have

oh yeah i know 

and im not trying to make other people think the same way

im just saying that not supporting klei will not stop tencent because many other people do support klei and do other stuff like buying stuff from china so im just saying that your,my and their actions won't really do anything against tencent 

you wanna stop supporting klei? go right ahead but it doesn't stop tencent and if im not buying anything,why care?

dunno 

all i know is that i like this one video game where a man gets abducted into a foreign world where he has to survive 

5 minutes ago, Rook the Bogger said:

Can't wait for "Supress Honk Kong protestors for new Admiralty officer Xi Grift-Ping" uptade  : D

its been about two months since this announcement came out and literally nothing has happened 

klei are still making the same updates 

nothing has changed with the forums 

and klei's games are still the same 

you're a bit late,this joke would have been better when this announcement first came out 

but hey

better late than never

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Bruh imagine gatekeeping being annoyed with devs decision

who's doing that?

certainly not me because i ain't telling people to stop, im just saying what true

if its been 2 months since this thread came out 

where are the askers?

cus i can't find em

Oooooooooh no!

I always use Klei in forums as an example of an independent company that has no 'evil' ties and creates nearly consistently great games. Someone told me to come off of my horse because it was just another company owned by the Chinese and should therefore expect censorship and fear of spyware added to games. I came here to find out what (s)he was talking about. Turns out (s)he was right!

This makes me a SAD panda!!! Or should I say, "this makes me a sad Winnie the Pooh"? ;-(

On 6/13/2021 at 12:17 AM, minespatch said:

Is there a way for Klei to win people back from this?

I get the reasoning, but still, I think people are getting a tiny bit too judgmental. I sure haven't noticed any changes, apart from Klei being able to put out monthly content, and personally I'm betting on not seeing any negatives in the near future, if not ever. Some people are very pessimistic, and the amount of faith they lost just goes to show how much they trusted Klei. Which, to me, implies that Klei can be trusted, and I for one still trust them to not ruin things.

5 hours ago, DaZoul said:

Which, to me, implies that Klei can be trusted, and I for one still trust them to not ruin things

They've been transparent before so I still trust them. The Tencent thing is a bit eyebrow raising but like I've said for years, they've had history with Tencent before, I'm more surprised by people paying less attention to the history of Klei.

Archived