Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

Chesmu    212
36 minutes ago, t0panka said:

Lol i want Klei to be successful but im not their open wallet. I made post in first 10 pages where i explained that i actually fully supported Klei to this date. I have all their games several times, all art, all soundtracks, everything they released, multiple plushies and i also had 100% of the skins they released. I put more than healthy amount into Klei because i believed in this company because they were user friendly and not another cancer company milking everything from their users and doesnt even bring new content like we see these days with popular games.

Now this is where your point completely sinks my friend, you didn't just give those money for Klei, it's not like giving a homeless some money! You gave them money, and in return you got soundtracks, listened to them and had fun, you got the merch that made your room look good, and the skins that made your character look good while gaming.

You put money and time in this "Game", and had your fun in it, it's like you bought Pizza from a place, eat it, and a day later they close up and you complain about how much Pizza you ate there last night!

TLDR: Traded Money + Energy , Received fun. If you can't do the same now for any reason, you just lose the potential fun you could have now, so no need to bring the old trades up.  :)

36 minutes ago, t0panka said:

All i want to know if this is our future so i dont need to waste my time here

We can't know the future; What wastes time is worrying about something that isn't happened.

Not to rush you in your decision, what needs to be done in this case is to not buy anything for now if you are not comfortable, and buy when you are.

Since you didn't subscribe for monthly stuff like in some games, nothing is lost.

Edited by Chesmu

Chesmu    212
3 minutes ago, t0panka said:

I always saw "we wont change" but that is basically impossible since majority of your shares changed and it is expected to make more money from your investors. This is a fact

So the Founder itself comes here explaining, assuring you, but you call the man a liar in face and add a period to it. What else can be done now I'm curious, do we deserve apologies? mass refunds?

Please note that I'm not trying to pressure you t0panka, this is really interesting for me that sometimes we just want to feel betrayed and enjoy it; I did that a lot during some point in my life.

t0panka    1643
18 minutes ago, Chesmu said:

So the Founder itself comes here explaining, assuring you, but you call the man a liar in face and add a period to it. What else can be done now I'm curious, do we deserve apologies? mass refunds?

Please note that I'm not trying to pressure you t0panka, this is really interesting for me that sometimes we just want to feel betrayed and enjoy it; I did that a lot during some point in my life.

Either reply to my whole comment or stop making snippets from what i wrote. Answers you are looking for are in the same comment you quote me from. Im not asking for apology (lol) or refunds and if you took my comment listing what i bought from them that is not the point. The point is im not here first year and that i supported them through good and bad times. Most of the time there was more info and that is what i was looking for. I already know the evil side of things (from experience) and i was looking (and hoping) for the good side of things if there is some. JoeW provided something so im ok now

And also what else was here to do from the Founder. I was pointing this out that lots of founders made those claims and we got slapped after. What do you think he would wrote "We got bought by Tencent and we need to make more money so expect in couple months more micro transactions and less content updates"? I already made some examples where they said something but it changed ... because of money. But i guess you are right there is nothing they can say (legally) so this is pointless

Edited by t0panka
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Chesmu    212
9 minutes ago, Toros said:

1) This is nonsense.  Realism is recognizing that causes lead to effects.  Do you not have smoke alarms because your house is not on fire right now?  That is the argument you're making.  It's not paranoid to have foresight, you being unable to see what I see is your limitation.

2) None of this is "worrying without a reason."  Tencent has a history of anti-consumer practices and massively dwarfs Klei in size and budget.  There's a massive power imbalance when a company has majority shares and when that company has a history of anti-consumer actions there are excellent reasons to worry.  Again, you not understanding the context doesn't mean other people also don't understand it.  I understand and reject your position for the same reasons I reject Mike's as unreasonable given what we know.

3) Hyperbole is not how you craft a reasonable argument.  There are many developers who are not owned in part by Tencent, and many, many more that are not majority owned by Tencent.  Even if that was the case, not playing video games that enrich demonstrably unethical companies is always an option.  You're moving the goalposts to a place that doesn't exist.  He said it was impossible, I said not only was it not impossible, it's not even difficult to avoid supporting Tencent.

1) Realism is being real, simple as that. :) I have smoke alarms so I can stop worrying about fire! Otherwise why bother; Good thing about that, I had a reason and evidence to install it.

2) So we are back to Tencent's horrible history of things they don't do; You have 100% right to not play games you don't want to or spend on them, but I personally never ever accuse individuals and companies of terrible things without having any evidence;

But if I do have evidence:

3) I will also do the same for other similar individuals and companies, if my only reason for all this is being "Ethical". That's where it gets difficult to even open the Internet.

Edited by Chesmu
Grammar

Chesmu    212
7 minutes ago, Toros said:

I stopped reading here because it's clear you're either unable or unwilling to have a meaningful discussion.  I assume you're ok with me mentioning you in the future if I have definitive evidence you were wrong?

See as a realist I would read other 2 points no matter what the first point is; Because If I don't read them, they will not disappear.

Toros    2074
1 minute ago, Chesmu said:

See as a realist I would read other 2 points no matter what the first point is; Because If I don't read them, they will not disappear.

I knew they existed, and also that they weren't worth worrying about.

You didn't answer the question though.

• Sad 1
  • Health 1

Chesmu    212
Just now, Toros said:

I knew they existed, and also that they weren't worth worrying about.

You didn't answer the question though.

Calm down, no need to have a bar fight.

So are you willing to have a meaningful discussion about the actual topic, which are 2) and 3), about Tencent and stuff?

Mike23Ua    9850
2 hours ago, Toros said:

As a consumer I appreciate this information but from reading this it sounds like Klei has given up their autonomy and won't be able to grow as a company or accomplish goals they weren't already on pace to accomplish.  The assumption some people have made is that with Tencent backing Klei will be able to do more for their customers they otherwise wouldn't, instead of business as usual but without legal autonomy.

well now I’m just really really confused, if there’s going to be no changes to staffing, content updates, advancements in technical hardware etc and everything is just going to keep going at the same pace it always has, what was even the point of giving off ownership to Tencent? 
I was under the assumption that with their new found partnership this would allow Klei to do things they otherwise wouldn’t have been able to do without it (As that logically makes the most sense of why anyone would do it) 

I’m still hopeful for a 2021 Roadmap that restores some people’s faith & shows why this is a good thing for them as a company, and for us as the players that support their company.

I was hopeful they would outline what they plan to do for the foreseeable future, giving me exciting announcements that are going to help me much more easily convince my friends to buy and support their games.

With new PS5 & XSX consoles out there: I was even hopeful they would announce something on how they plan to support those consoles. (such as having higher world Gen options above being locked at default, or the world itself having more flora/fauna/atmosphere whatever you wanna call it: I’ll just call it pretty stuff for me to look at & further involve myself into the World around my character)

But now I hear that it’s not really going to change anything they weren’t already doing. So then, why was this change made to begin with?? So many mixed emotions all at once.. but I guess I’ll just have to wait & see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

viberr    1213
7 minutes ago, TaschDraws said:

7 days and 42 pages of this is more than enough.

well people will continue anyways:lol:

KEY1422    2

I don't want to run dangerous programs influenced by Tencent.
Please tell me the starting option that does not update the program.

• Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

viberr    1213
12 minutes ago, KEY1422 said:

I don't want to run dangerous programs influenced by Tencent.
Please tell me the starting option that does not update the program.

nah i don't think so 

but i might be wrong

Serena Tsukino    5342
5 hours ago, Marfoo said:

unknown.pngUhm... guys?

Oh my, well was there any sort of announcement for a hotfix about DST? I'm sorry, but I haven't logged into Steam for a while.

Monkey Cups    529
15 hours ago, Chesmu said:

1) You call it faith, I call it realism! If things haven't changed recently, nor announced that way, then they are not. Yes, I will scream and run when my house is on fire, but why freak out when I'm not going to BBQ in a week? In my opinion it's better to live at the moment and be realist than to be paranoid and constantly worry about what "Might" happen, without any evidence.

There's a reason history is taught in schools. So people can learn from past mistakes. So they can avoid repeating them in the future. Large companies have bought small ones before and, generally, that does not go well. It being perfectly fine would be the exception not the rule and preparing for the exception is how you get caught with your trousers down.

• Like 3

Chesmu    212
12 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

I still believe that Klei Enterntaintment developers would not go around and start massively changing the game or monetization. What needs to be understood is that this decision is no longer in their hands, that's the most important sentence that has been repeated countlessly in this thread and denied by many.

Hmm, we know that Klei wouldn't go massively change the game, but we have to Believe they lost the decision, even tho we don't see any effect of it Irl.

I still see that freaking out people can't explain the situation and their point; All I hear for days is this: "Go read the Wikipedia", "Go to school", "Grow up", "CCP", "but CCP", "go read what I said", etc; All of this expresses a fear of conversation, and most importantly lack of evidence.

Here is what I suggest you do: Play your game, because you can always stop playing it.

2 hours ago, Monkey Cups said:

There's a reason history is taught in schools. So people can learn from past mistakes. So they can avoid repeating them in the future. Large companies have bought small ones before and, generally, that does not go well. It being perfectly fine would be the exception not the rule and preparing for the exception is how you get caught with your trousers down.

To disappoint you, that's not why they teach history. :) I would say why but this is not the place.

Machine Reaper    2401
3 minutes ago, Chesmu said:

Hmm, we know that Klei wouldn't go massively change the game, but we have to Believe they lost the decision, even tho we don't see any effect of it Irl.

I still see that freaking out people can't explain the situation and their point; All I hear for days is this: "Go read the Wikipedia", "Go to school", "Grow up", "CCP", "but CCP", "go read what I said", etc; All of this expresses a fear of conversation, and most importantly lack of evidence.

Here is what I suggest you do: Play your game, because you can always stop playing it.

why don't you do the same and stop worrying about us people going monkey on a company that has just set itself on fire.
tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

Chesmu    212
1 minute ago, Machine Reaper said:

why don't you do the same and stop worrying about us people going monkey on a company that has just set itself on fire.
tenor.gif

I'm here to offend you by reality.  :D

Machine Reaper    2401
3 hours ago, Chesmu said:

I'm here to offend you by reality.  :D

offend me what for?

not supporting Klei and your views?

are you really that shallow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1