[Not a Poll] On Secrets

Klei mentioned within their roadmap that with the new lore would come new secrets and we'll have to keep an eye out for them.

However, tis almost a year that has passed and yet no secret has been discovered yet (that I know of anyways).

What do you guys make of this? Are there secrets we may have missed? Are there truly none at all or hidden all too well?

Do you mean secrets as in lore secrets or secrets as in hidden links in trailers etc?

If the first then I have some questions regarding Pearl's arc:

-Where do crab people like her and Crab King live normally?

-How did her island become so dilapidated if she settled on it after the 'Moon''s chunk had fallen and that is a recent event in the lore?

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Do you mean secrets as in lore secrets or secrets as in hidden links in trailers etc?

-How did her island become so dilapidated if she settled on it after the 'Moon''s chunk had fallen and that is a recent event in the lore?

I'm basing it off this statement in the roadmap specifically:

IMG_20201227_014628.jpg

51 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-

In ocean depth, probably ?

according to the roadmap:

"you'll know when there is something to be found"

we dont know if there is something to be found, so it means it dont have anything to be found? 

Spoiler

i can only remember the thread about lunar deerclops we see in forgotten knowledge, but i am not sure if it counts

I'd like to know what we can consider as "secrets" in the first place. Is stuff like Metheus a secret ? Or the Mysterious Energy ? The thing is, however Klei add something in the game, it's going to be revealed by players in just a couple of hours unless it's again something about the lore that require a lot of research. But on the other side, if I was a beginner at the game and I find the Archive by chance, I'd need a lot of effort to figure everything I need to do so that could be what some call "secrets".

My dad's uncle works for Klei and he told me that there are indeed secrets. Luigi was actually hotfixed in as a playable character, you just need to run counter-clockwise around the Maxwell statues 10,000 times to unlock him. I started plugging my ears and going "lalala" when he started talking about the lore, though, so I've got no clue about any of that.

56 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

My dad's uncle works for Klei and he told me that there are indeed secrets. Luigi was actually hotfixed in as a playable character, you just need to run counter-clockwise around the Maxwell statues 10,000 times to unlock him. I started plugging my ears and going "lalala" when he started talking about the lore, though, so I've got no clue about any of that.

same vibe

Pokemon-Red-Blue-Mew-Truck.jpg.50dcda70598e3fcd1969feb36793005d.jpg

4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Luigi was actually hotfixed in as a playable character

2167144593_preview_Screenshot_294.png.2871a80159f43469b362fab658548e57.png

...anyways, on another note

On 12/27/2020 at 1:54 AM, stranger again said:

well the roadmap thread was made before covid so their schedule might have completely changed 

The roadmap this year was made without much mention of any solid date considering that even pre-Covid deadlines just weren't Klei's thing, as lots of deadlines weren't met 2019. I can't say whether their schedule may have completely changed but seeing that lots of good timely content came out this year as promised in the current roadmap, we cannot therefore conclude that they aren't following their roadmaps...

...except for the secrets they promised...

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

...except for the secrets they promised...

when did they promise:lol: 

didn't they just say that they were going to add secrets?i don't remember them full on promising that they will add new secrets.

anyways hope you all have a good day or night wherever you are in the world 

6 hours ago, stranger again said:

when did they promise:lol: 

didn't they just say that they were going to add secrets?i don't remember them full on promising that they will add new secrets.

I certainly interpret their roadmap statements as promises. What's the use of announcing changes that wont be implemented to your playerbase?

51 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I certainly interpret their roadmap statements as promises. What's the use of announcing changes that wont be implemented to your playerbase?

Pretty sure they also state everything is subject to change, nothing is a guarantee or promise and there’s no hard dates revealed for anything.

I look at the roadmap as less of a promise of what’s guaranteed to come, and more like a rough draft of what to expect but may or may not happen.

If they announce that Walani is coming to DST- I’m still not going to get my hopes up until she actually arrives :lol:

But as far as secrets go I think it was just referring to that one post- where people were easily able to spot Abigails flower in the photo to tell Wendy was the next refresh.

They did the same with Wigfrids too if a remember right.

But as far as PUZZLES like those annoying Metheus & William Carter puzzles I am not sure if we will get more of those.

Archived