Who Needs Second Rework?

Who Needs Second Rework?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Which character/characters have problems and needs a second rework?

• Winona
    • Wortox
    • Willow
    • Wormwood
    • Warly
    • Woodie
    • Wurt
    • Wendy
    • Walter
    • Wigfrid
    • They all are fine.
  2. 2. What do you think about situation of your choice now?

• It's awfull, not playable.
    • It's bad, not balanced.
    • It's meh, not interesting.
    • It's good, needs little tweaks.
    • I choosed they all are fine.

In my opinion Winona is number one. She needs a huge rework that will add her real downsides and make her upsides balanced.

The second is Walter, as I said his sanity situation is really dangerous but his upsides don't balance him. Klei made most of characters easier to play except him. Like in my old comments I said, he should get navigator in someway, like map.

The third is Wormwood, this poor guy's floor farming system should be buff a little. He should able to water his floor plants at least. This would be a fix, more than a rework.

Don't forget to replying who you choosed and why you think they needs rework.

Winona- if you could pick up and redeploy her structures rather than craft and leave there until hammered down (in particular the Spotlight) And ONLY Winona could pick them up and move them she would be less of a pick and swap character.

Winona’s Spotlight could use buffs as well, to Autotarget the furthest away player who is away from the spotlight and without a light source in hand. The Spotlight should also frighten away (or put to sleep) Batilisks because when out during day they sleep.

My second choice- would be Wortox, he is a bit Overpowered and also a bit bland.. a stack of 20 souls that heals himself, heals everyone around him, allows him to eat them as a food source and teleport is a tad bit much Dont you think? I would prefer it if souls required specific ingredients to craft each TYPE of soul, I also think giving him a naughtiness meter with higher chances to spawn Krampii would be good too, because he is no longer the innocent little fawn we saw in his animated short- his Impish powers have taken over and with that he has no choice but to kill things for their souls regardless of how much he doesn’t want to do that.

Lastly is Wigfrid, I still don’t feel like her rework did her justice, I wanted unique combat abilities or powers that her special Helm and Spear would have (and ONLY the Helm and Spear no other weapon) Truly bestowing Wigfrids preferred weapons of Battle with this so called “Power of the Unicorn” and at the same time, making sure that the helms and spear are her most used weapon that never becomes replaced by better weapons or armor.

It would still use Inspiration meter and the stagecraft songs.. but it would bestow her preferred weapons and armor of battle with new abilities she could have used Inspiration meter to perform.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

making sure that the helms and spear are her most used weapon that never becomes replaced by better weapons or armor.

Well, I think this does stay true for most people even in their current state. A big part of Wigfrid's appeal is convenience, and it's way more convenient to carry around some basic minerals for making armor on the go, than to go out of your way to get thulecite crowns and dark swords and such.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lastly is Wigfrid, I still don’t feel like her rework did her justice, I wanted unique combat abilities or powers that her special Helm and Spear would have (and ONLY the Helm and Spear no other weapon) Truly bestowing Wigfrids preferred weapons of Battle with this so called “Power of the Unicorn” and at the same time, making sure that the helms and spear are her most used weapon that never becomes replaced by better weapons or armor.

This isnt a arpg and she isnt a real warrior

The rework couldnt be better in terms of what she needed (some sings are useless but that is another topic)

Having skills will make her more brain dead character to kill mobs and will not fit her character and the game itself

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

This isnt a arpg and she isnt a real warrior

The rework couldnt be better in terms of what she needed (some sings are useless but that is another topic)

Having skills will make her more brain dead character to kill mobs and will not fit her character and the game itself

How so? Woodie literally gained a perk where he charges through a group of spiders to kill them.. I could easily have seen Wigfrid getting an attack like this but only while wearing her helm and holding her spear.

Also you are correct she’s NOT a real Viking Warrior but it is the role she lost her identity in and could never return to her former actress roles: The constant allowed her to further live out that Viking dream (or maybe singing bard dream?) by luring her in with promises of abilities she didn’t have in the real world.

if the constant is indeed giving these characters a false sense of what they desire most- it would’ve made sense for Wigfrid to get new combat abilities.

Wigfrid’s Fireproof Falsetto needs to be changed i think, its the least useful of all her songs. Startling Soliloquy could use a longer duration and Bel Canto of Courage should make allied mobs immune to things like BQ scream. 

Wurt: trading with merm king should be more interesting. Better rewards for harder to catch fish, better loot table and merm AI fix. 

Wendy: too strong but whatever :roll:

—- 

A few of them could use little tweaks like that here and there but overall i think theyre fine

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

My second choice- would be Wortox, he is a bit Overpowered and also a bit bland.. a stack of 20 souls that heals himself, heals everyone around him, allows him to eat them as a food source and teleport is a tad bit much Dont you think? I would prefer it if souls required specific ingredients to craft each TYPE of soul, I also think giving him a naughtiness meter with higher chances to spawn Krampii would be good too, because he is no longer the innocent little fawn we saw in his animated short- his Impish powers have taken over and with that he has no choice but to kill things for their souls regardless of how much he doesn’t want to do that.

I really liked this idea

10 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I don't see additional tweaks here and there as full fledged refreshes.

this is like saying wickerbottom got a rework in the farm update.

A few of his main mechanics got reworked and he got new perks with the update. I think that's considered a rework.

And it doesn't have to be a full fledged rework, I think. For a lot of reworked characters just a handful of tweaks & additions like Wormwood received would be good.

Winona's rework was not good. Cut and dry. Her spotlights are pointless, And her catapults only exist to make you swap to and from Winona to cheese a couple of bosses.

Willow's rework was fine, I guess. But it didn't have nearly enough emphasis on fire. Seriously though, Bernie was added as an afterthought when Klei butchered Willow with the release of DST. Yet that's the one aspect they chose to focus on? Bloody hell that rework was disappointing.

Hell, they could have given Willow a fire-based rework that made it *harder* for her to grief. Maybe fires she lit didn't spread to player-built structures. or maybe mobs lit on fire by her don't drop burnt drops. Or maybe they could have even let her put out fires from a distance/in an AOE using her Pyrokenisis. Oh yeah, because *apparently* she has that according to her animated short. The one that released right after she got a very non-firey rework. *Deep breath* Sorry about that. I guess you could say that talking about Willow's rework gets me a bit.

Fired up

Right. Anyways. Onto Wurt.

Wurt is probably the worst-designed character in the game.

She's a summoner/base builder. But has 0 dependancy on said summons.

She's a vegan. But doesn't have any bonuses to farming.

She can get a lot of fish, but doesn't have a lot she can use the fish for.

Wurt's character is just a massive mess in need of an entire overhaul. It feels like the developers went "We need a Merm character" and just tacked on whatever worked from there.

23 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

She can get a lot of fish, but doesn't have a lot she can use the fish for.

I feel like this correlates well to Wormwood being able to farm like crazy but get almost no benefits from good food. I haven't played Wormwood enough to say for certain, but I guess at least he's good in a team. 

24 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Willow's rework was fine, I guess. But it didn't have nearly enough emphasis on fire

Absolutely. I actually suggested ranged fire extinguishing for Willow in another thread, but I feel the main problem is that fire as a whole is too easy to start and therefore can't be used to deal much damage to mobs.

1 hour ago, W0l0l0 said:

I haven't played Wormwood enough to say for certain, but I guess at least he's good in a team. 

I tried Wurt. She is a good teammate but not a good character. Specially DST have really bad Veggie recipes. As I found while playing wurt, the best way to survive is eating pumpkins cooked and eating corns raw. The fish is useless for her most of time. Personally I think the hardest thing for her is getting food.

I chosed Wurt only for the missing Pig King trading ability that makes her solo gameplay rather painful.

It could require to craft a specific item to trick the pig.

And Winona. I never play her and don't really care but it appears Winona players are not satisfied. I think she just requires some minor adjustments though.

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

I tried Wurt. She is a good teammate but not a good character. Specially DST have really bad Veggie recipes. As I found while playing wurt, the best way to survive is eating pumpkins cooked and eating corns raw. The fish is useless for her most of time. Personally I think the hardest thing for her is getting food.

Fortunately, Wurt's food issues have been eliminated by the RWYS update. Potatoes and Toma Roots alone can provide tons of healing, hunger and sanity year-round.

I used to say that Wurt needed a second rework, but after RWYS took away her sanity drop from wetness, I no longer believe this to be the case. If she were to be buffed in another update, I wouldn't mind at all, but now I think she's fine where she is. 

And when I say buffed: The main thing that holds me back from world conquest in my Wurt worlds is the removal of stackable fish. I know the weight mechanic makes this impossible, but it doesn't stop me longing for better times.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

My second choice- would be Wortox, he is a bit Overpowered and also a bit bland..

Just my opinion, but Wortox is one of the most fun characters to play, he is the opposite of bland. Winona is bland, so are her skins, so was her rework, so I agree with you there.

Archived