Seeds Management: poll

Seeds Management: poll  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the newly introduced Seed-Pack-it

2. 2. If no, where do you store the seeds?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/23/20 at 05:14 AM

13 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

I just put them in the chest and if I need them, i'll use them, if not, free rot.

Also I don't use the seed pack for one reason, I need a broken shell... Which means I have to go find pearl via sailing, and I'm just too busy farming to do that.

You can also just go to the caves and kill a Slurtle for the shell.

I use the Seed-Pack It, but when I get more than 40 seeds of one crop(usually potatos and tomatoes) I start wrapping them on Gift Wraps since I haven't killed the Bee Queen in my world yet. The only thing bad about the Gift Wraps is that they aren't reusable like the ones from the Bee Queen, so I need to go kill her before Winter's Feast ends...

55 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

ugh i just spent a summer in the ruins with horrible inventory management lol... totally forgot about gift wraps, thanks for reminding me :lol:

----

i think the seed pack-it is supposed to be used as you're harvesting so the seeds automatically get sorted in the backpack. afterwards u have to store them in an ice box. I havent made a seed pack it yet, i just have 1 dedicated ice box for seeds, which is enough because im not really farming every single crop.

I hope klei will consider the suggestion made to change the recipe to broken shells, salt crystals and pigskin to make it fire-repellent and prolong the freshness a bit. 

I personally didn't use Seed pack-it yet as when I am planting and harvesting I don't have more than 3-4 type of plants(so only 4 type of seeds). And I need the space for that crop itself which I loose if I give up the backpack. I didn't find the hassle to switch b/w backpacks worth it as the fridge and the farm plots are nearby.

I also plan to give up on all other seeds than potato and tomato as managing them overtime has become tedious.

I think it would be nice if Seed Pack-it provide bit of spoilage protection like (50% for Seed Pack-it and 75% for Spectackler Box) so that we can have them in the backpack for the season while planting , before stowing them away in the fridge/ bundling them in wax paper as the season passes.

when you use it, its very convenient because the seeds go to relevant places. but its not good for preserving so if you have spare gears, it helps to make two fridges for your farm area. Otherwise I don't think seeds are worth storing in precious fridge spaces, unless it's an important seed I wanna use in 2-3 seasons later. I normally make a few chests near farms for all seeds. Tackle box is also a convenient way as you can carry them around and more easily organize them but they too run to the same problem as chests, being preservation.

I find the seed pack-it to only be useful when picking up seeds, and planting seeds. Because you are able to carry all the seeds at once, so you dont need to be going back and forth to put away seeds or pull them from a chest/tackle box.

But other than that. It's really not good for storing seeds, because it doesn't slow spoilage at all. So it would be much better to just use gift/bundle wrap.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, Duck986 said:

Just use Gift Wraps from current Winters Feast event, and Minisigns to sort newly made gifts. They're like Bundling Wrap, but much cheaper.

I see quite a few people use bundling wraps.

I have a fun suggestion that if we could use Empty Bottle to store the seeds instead of bundling wraps , it would be awesome. Each bottle can store only one type of seeds and would act like a bundling wrap. This would make sea exploration more useful!!

28 minutes ago, ansuman said:

I see quite a few people use bundling wraps.

idk about other people, I say how I would do in this situation. I personally use bundling wraps for different purposes: inventory management, "For a rainy day" Starter Pack (aka some food and resources for difficult situation), food preserving (like frog legs from a frog rain), etc.

I use Bundling Wrap/Gift Wrap for seeds I'll use again in another season and I keep the seeds of the current crop combos I'm growing in an Icebox near my Farm Plots. At the end of the season I wrap the current seeds and open the appropriate bundle of seeds for the next season.

The Seed Pack It just doesn't seem useful without reduced spoilage rate. Useful while picking crops I guess but good inventory management removes this need in my opinion. It definitely needs another effect or reduced spoilage rate to not be mediocre.

The point of the new backpack is to save you space and sorting in the inventory, it's incredibly useful to me at least and I just pick it when I'm looking to harvest crops, then, I have my area of bundles ready once I’m done picking.

Archived