Reap What You Sow is Coming Next Week!

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

with the amount of seeds that you can get with the new farming, he is pretty strong. That now for farm you dont need 1k of grass, rocks and manure doesnt make with weaker

its just his seed planting ability has been worsened bcos of new update, and if player decides to do that, they do it on disadvantage (no nutrient). why would we pick character that does thing on disadvantage and has really no other perk good enough to compensate that negative side

5 hours ago, stranger again said:

neat.

(sorry i can't say the word POG as much now because people have gotten annoyed by it:lol:)

Well haters are going to hate, but maybe this once you would be right in saying Pog.

Im looking at this new Christmas skin and it’s certainly looking like:

Perfectly Observed Greatness. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

its just his seed planting ability has been worsened bcos of new update, and if player decides to do that, they do it on disadvantage (no nutrient). why would we pick character that does thing on disadvantage and has really no other perk good enough to compensate that negative side

free planting

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

free planting

the cost of rigamajig, who can make space for 36 plants, is laughable, so argument that its free really has minimal value here :/ and thats why im wondering wheter they are going to add something for wormwood so he can be as powerful as he once were

48 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

the cost of rigamajig, who can make space for 36 plants, is laughable, so argument that its free really has minimal value here :/ and thats why im wondering wheter they are going to add something for wormwood so he can be as powerful as he once were

free in terms of time, you dont need to use a hoe for minutes to plant

before was poweful because mass farming was awful

i see the point and im not agaisnt improvements for the plant boy but i dont consider wormwood weak just because now isnt gamebreaker

Very nice new content, thank you very much !!!

(As other pointed out, I'm a little bit concerned for Wormwood.
Before this update, selective farming was quite inefficient compared to basic farming, so the Wormwood power to set a wide basic farm was very convenient.
Now, as selective farming with giant crops is meant to shine and overshadow basic farming, its power looks way less useful...)

4 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

I hope that there is a new collection so that we get all the crystalline collection added to the Klei Rewards Page.. I want to get the ones I missed!

Encore month first, then rewards. I want to catch the skins I missed on a quick round two hopefully. Big Top collection had one, Joew hinted that they might have one for crystaline too and by all means there should be.

21 hours ago, Fuffles said:

Would it be possible to adjust the perspective on the Wardrobe a bit tho? it feels like the lush doesnt really follow the flow of the main wardrobe piece, either the right side would need to be a bit thinner inwards or the left side a bit thicker outwards to fix it
Alternatively I have a different take of it
 kNvf7yE.png

I was thinking this too. It looks flat even though there's supposed to be clear dimensions

Can someone who played the Beta help me out? I'm on PS4 and would like to know what I should prepare if I want to get started on farming ASAP with the best possible tools. What does the better watering can and pseudoscience station tier hat require? For the watering can do I just need to kill Malbatross? I have a boat set up near three shoals so that shouldn't be too hard/time consuming. Are there any other rare materials required? What does the hat need to be built? Is there anything else specific I should prepare or acquire in anticipation for my future crops? I got a fairly decent area ready and its fairly close to a few ponds to refill watering cans, anything else environment or biome wise I should be aware of?

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Can someone who played the Beta help me out? I'm on PS4 and would like to know what I should prepare if I want to get started on farming ASAP with the best possible tools. What does the better watering can and pseudoscience station tier hat require? For the watering can do I just need to kill Malbatross? I have a boat set up near three shoals so that shouldn't be too hard/time consuming. Are there any other rare materials required? What does the hat need to be built? Is there anything else specific I should prepare or acquire in anticipation for my future crops? I got a fairly decent area ready and its fairly close to a few ponds to refill watering cans, anything else environment or biome wise I should be aware of?

You need to kill malbatross when the update will be live if you want the recipe for the best can but isnt neccessary since the regular cans are cheap to craft and has a lot of water

To make the farms you will need few basic materials but for the  best hat you will need purple gems and thulecite but only is needed if you want to see the nutrients, if not, you can use the low tier hat made with poop and boards (or something cheap like that)

Just pick seeds. The new farms are meant to be used in early days so you will not need something weird (except for the premiere hat)

On 12/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, Parusoid said:

the cost of rigamajig, who can make space for 36 plants

One Rigamajig can turn 4 tiles of ground into farmlands, which can all be tilled 16 times, giving a total of 64 crops places, if placed separately, or 49 if placed in a 2 by 2 square. Sure you will overcrowd your plants, but they will have some fertilizer that the ground, which Wormwood can plant seeds on, cannot achieve. You also cannot water normal ground so Wormwood's seeds will always be worse than seeds on a farm. One use of Rigamajig and a Hoe from time to time with a possibility to grow Giant Crops versus handicapped Crops of Wormwood. This perk is just not viable to be honest, apart from extremely early days.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:07 AM, JoeW said:

farming_promo.thumb.jpg.0a3889f553b169c3

Hey Everybody. 

I just want to drop a quick message to let you know that "Reap What you Sow" will be coming next week on December 15th! For more info, check out the beta post here.

With that, we will also have some more special winter treats for you as well. I'm gonna keep most of that a secret until next week, but here is a preview of the new twitch items (The Winter Wardrobe) that will be coming with the update. 

wardrobe_yule.pngplayerportrait_bg_wardrobeyule.pngprofileflair_wardrobe_yule.png

See you on Tuesday!

Will Klei add more stuff in klei rewards?

Hey @JoeW quick console player question for RWYS when it goes live, is the main menu screen going to be changed to the RWYS menu screen or will it remain to be the current WintersFeast loading menu with the Klaus creeping up behind Wilson while the Starvers Carol music plays?

I hope it stays the holiday themed one :) 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey @JoeW quick console player question for RWYS when it goes live, is the main menu screen going to be changed to the RWYS menu screen or will it remain to be the current WintersFeast loading menu with the Klaus creeping up behind Wilson while the Starvers Carol music plays?

I hope it stays the holiday themed one :) 

I'm not sure what they'll do, but for right now, the beta has the RWYS update screen with Winter Feast's snow and music on top. :wilson_curious:

Archived