[Game Update] - 443461

• Developer

Hello everyone, did you notice it's December already? Did you see the news? Oh, and here's some more fixes!

• Hooked up new Database icons for biomes
  • Fixed warp conduit receiver activation animation playback issue
  • Fixed another worldgen biome density issue in the Magma biome
  • New game cluster selection screen shows proper asteroid graphics
  • Fixed issue allowing construction of multiple portapods and rocket control stations
  • Fixed an issue where Plug Slugs would sleep for the entirety of the first day when loading an older autosave
  • Duplicants must breath significantly more polluted oxygen before they get the "Yucky Lungs" status effect
  • Updated translations for Russian/Korean/Chinese
  • Reduced capacity of oxygen mask from 75kg (125% of a cycle) to 20kg (33% of a cycle)
  • Fixed the building "size" of the Gravitas windows
  • Fixed a bug where Plug Slugs would continue to wirelessly generate power if they were called away to be groomed during the night
  • Fixed bug that would allow exclusive Duplicant traits to sometimes roll together anyways
  • Exclusions added to some Duplicant traits that were missed
  • Increased sugar engine max modules (4->5). Decreased sugar engine power/speed -40%
  • Decreased CO2 engine max modules (4->3). Decreased CO2 engine fuel capacity (150kg->100kg) reducing range (6->4 tiles). Increased CO2 engine power/speed +20%
  • Moved warp world 1 hex closer to start planetoid
  • Added better tooltips to rocketry info panel for range/speed calculation
  • No longer able to add rocket modules above engine's max (existing saves can have more modules than an engine can support though, just can't launch)
  • Attempted to fix issue with line rendering in starmap and research screen

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1

4 minutes ago, AddTheJuice98 said:

Make hud smaller in options, should help.

No. Did not help. The same, only very shallow and hard on the eyes

This is the second major update in the game, and the problem with spreading and overlapping words has not yet been resolved. Maybe it's time to remember the old bugs, which will soon be three years old? :apologetic:

41 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Increased sugar engine max modules (4->5). Decreased sugar engine power/speed -40%
  • Decreased CO2 engine max modules (4->3). Decreased CO2 engine fuel capacity (150kg->100kg) reducing range (6->4 tiles). Increased CO2 engine power/speed +20%

So we are not supposed to reach planetoids which are 6 hexagons away?

• Like 2

Haha! That's funny!

Separate Post (They joined together):

46 minutes ago, aresd said:

@Ipsquiggle

I will persist until they pay attention to me

Klei, please, fix it

2020-12-02_1-38-10.png

KLEI! Please fix this! I can't imagine how difficult it is to read this. I want this game to be bug-free, and even though I only speak English, this is not fine with me.

Edited by 2tallyGr8

Well the rocket is stranded so it can't move.  So Range Remaining  means it can move 1 more tile.

Easier to understand  tile remaining = 0   as  Stranded.  Than 1 tile.

As an example,   when my car is OUT of gas and stranded.  My remaining mile reader shouldn't tell me I have 1 mile left.  It should say  0 miles left.

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, aresd said:

This is the second major update in the game, and the problem with spreading and overlapping words has not yet been resolved. Maybe it's time to remember the old bugs, which will soon be three years old? :apologetic:

Sorry to tell you, but the ones who make the DLC are not necessarily the same devs who are responsible for the UI. And not the same one who makes graphics, who makes sounds.... you get it.

If the UI designer and/or coder does not find the issue, or cant fix it without major changes... we are more or less stuck with it. And maybe it will get fixed with the release of the DLC. 

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Reduced capacity of oxygen mask from 75kg (125% of a cycle) to 20kg (33% of a cycle)

good that you are working on fixing the oxygen masks, but IMO the biggest issue of them is wasted metal ore every time a dupe walks next to the station. building anything usually makes 1 dupe to suply resources, 1 to dig and 1 to build, so if nothing gets interrupted, I must pay for 3 masks to build 1 tile. I personally dont like wasting non-renewable resources so easily and it makes me to avoid the oxygen masks as far as I can... sadly, because I really like both the idea and the visuals :( @Ipsquiggle I hope you will have an opportunity to look into this issue in the future :)

Great job with the updates, thanks KLEI for all the hard work! I really love how the DLC is looking (despite few tweaks required, this is why we have alpha, isn't it?)

• Like 2

Just now, 2tallyGr8 said:

Yes, the masks should turn into 50% of the ore that is put into them when they run out of oxygen.

the issue would be still there, just 2 times slower...

I'd prefer build one, even more expensive mask, and reuse it over, and over again, just like suits and jets. But pay for it only once, then forget about the issue, not searching for ore to dig only to suply the masks...

• Like 1
  • Health 1

I dont mind the non-renewable cost for these as I see them as more of a stepping stone to exosuits. The O2 station is a quick fix but still needs some work. I dont think the masks should drop off the dupes at all until the mask runs out of O2 even if they run back past the station. It makes the station simple and you wont have half filled masks lying around at the O2 station.

but if you did want something back from them maybe you could add a grinder or option in the rock crusher to dispose of them for a fraction of the resources.

Edited by solo6490

1 hour ago, pether said:

the issue would be still there, just 2 times slower...

I'd prefer build one, even more expensive mask, and reuse it over, and over again, just like suits and jets. But pay for it only once, then forget about the issue, not searching for ore to dig only to suply the masks...

I respectfully disagree. I personally love the fact that it's a temporary measure that you need to deal with until you get to exosuits. It's not different from dirt for mush bars/mealwood on a sandstone start. The early choices in games like this are often wasteful which is the point, if the masks were perfect then there would be no reason to get an exosuit. I personally hope they stay consuming metals.... I do see the point for 3 masks to build 1 tile, which there are 2 solutions to in my books. 1. they don't take the mask off until it's out (but that runs into needing logic to make sure they don't go out with 10 seconds of oxygen when passing the gate so it's a mediocre solution) 2. Dupes can pick up masks off the floor at the station and have a preference for them over a new mask, or make like a mask "table", a building to put beside the station to hold the off gassing masks so they can be grabbed again for use.

In terms of the searching for ore... I have around 50tons of copper ore so 50kg here and there isn't base killing, you should be able to get some exosuits long before it's a problem.

Solo6490 just replied and obviously I agree with them, and actually the rock crusher isn't bad.

I know it's slightly off topic but just voicing my opinion here to the people saying solar is too easy. 1. if you find it too easy, use something else then, personal challenge or 2. don't use the glass from the tiles and earn the glass yourself, then it's not too hard as you earned it, yes i know, the argument about no meteors, personally i'm happy that they're at least gone for now, they were a nuissance, not difficult.

• Like 1

I started a new game with this update. I've dug out much of the starter biome and only found one bog bucket seed. Previous start I found around 10. Seems like a problem for food production.  Anyone else seeing this?

• Sad Dupe 1