Anyone wish station exclucive weapons had more durability?

34 minutes ago, Majestix said:

Regarding Wolfgang vs other characters: you can do the maths yourself. Every normal character, after eating spiced VG chaud-froid, can kill the FW with one glass cutter. This eliminates the need to juggle weapons during the fight. Less weapon juggling, less sanity management, in a fight that already demands a fair bit of multitasking, what's not to like?

Fair, but I personally still don't consider it that great considering the lengths you have to take to get it. It's just personal preference now. You do you.

I fail to see where wanting skins for items at the same time they may be buffed is considered as Off-Topic- More so considering that’s exactly what Klei has done with other recently buffed items like Rabbit Earmuffs & Marble Armor.

But if the OP considers that Input as Off-Topic then all they need do is politely ask me to remove it.

I was simply stating that it’s a business practice Klei has already been using.. so When and If these items get buffs. (And that’s a pretty big IF) I would simply also like for them to get flashy new skins to go alongside their buffs.

Theres no need to be mean or rude or to single my posts out because I want to pay my money for skins that will help fund the content we all enjoy getting each month.

Thank You, have a nice day.

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I fail to see where wanting skins for items at the same time they may be buffed is considered as Off-Topic- More so considering that’s exactly what Klei has done with other recently buffed items like Rabbit Earmuffs & Marble Armor.

But if the OP considers that Input as Off-Topic then all they need do is politely ask me to remove it.

I was simply stating that it’s a business practice Klei has already been using.. so When and If these items get buffs. (And that’s a pretty big IF) I would simply also like for them to get flashy new skins to go alongside their buffs.

Theres no need to be mean or rude or to single my posts out because I want to pay my money for skins that will help fund the content we all enjoy getting each month.

Thank You, have a nice day.

Spoiler

download.jpg.cef5f8ccce2c394a46cca578a5fe6a20.jpg

well to be on topic i don't really know if i can't remember or what but aren't there only two station exclusive weapons?(those being the thulecite club and glass cutter?)

well if they are the only two station exclusive weapons then my answer is...eeeehh. from what i have heard the thulecite club was already given more durability and the glass cutter is meant to be kinda bad against normal enemies yet really good against nightmare creatures so my answer is a part no but there could be some other station exclusive weapon i forgot?

so to answer the question  anyone wish station exclusive weapons had more durability?the answer is no because i could waste my wishes on something better like becoming a millionare or owning the entire earth. 

but anyways i hope you all have a extrodinary day or night wherever you are in the world 

k bye

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

Make the club be repairable manually with thule bits (not refined thule though)

really like this idea. Even if it required full thule pieces (or thule bits were just less/similarly efficient to the full pieces) it would encourage me to use the club way more. 40%+ per piece of thule would make it really nice for a luxury weapon in the lategame.

I could also agree with the cutter being an archive craft. Would make it more practical in the caves, given how the biome right behind it is literally a regenerating source of moon shards.

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

thulecite club is already cheap for the dps/durability it has and glass cutter is a good cheap way of keep living logs in case you are low of these and also having the same dps as a dark swork with no downside is pretty strong

The club takes 2 living logs and 2 thulecite to make, and that's with a construction amulet. That is a significant cost to an item that barely beats out 2 dark swords, which also use 2 living logs. In contrast, you can make a hambat with 2 meat, 1 pig skin, and 2 twigs and potentially clear the entire ruins with it if you are fast enough, which can easily put it above 30K+ damage while still being fairly useable for a few days after the ruins are cleared.

I can agree with the cutters not taking living logs, but a cutter not draining sanity is not really significant for me to warrant. Dark swords only drain 20 per minute and only do so while held, which makes the difference in a raid boss fight only around 50-60 points of sanity lost, which can be countered with a multitude of sanity foods. The only real time I noticed the dark sword's sanity drain was when I was fighting toadstool.

6 hours ago, Articestone said:

Going back on topic, although most likely, most of us would wish that station exclusive items last longer than it kinda defeats its own purpose. As it would mean we most likely bring our bundle wraps /gift wraps and stockpile many of the station exclusive items then come back after 500 days or more and by that time you might not be playing on the world anymore.

The problem is for people that do play the worlds, going back to just constantly craft your primary weapon if it's not durable gets exceedingly tedious. Even with a bundled krampus sack of clubs, 56 clubs are very likely going to deplete fast when using them for day to day activities. Them having a lot more durability wouldn't stop needing to make the return trips, but would certainty help make them feel like you don't feel burdened to make the trips in the first place.

In regards to Thulecite Clubs, as much as a durability buff sounds nice, I don't think it wouldn't get me to use them more. I'm just too conditioned to conserve them at all costs.

As for the Glass Cutter, I've always placed higher value on the Glass Axe. Outside of 1 or 2 Cutters built (to sit in a chest somewhere) I have zero experience with them so I can't properly comment.

Durability buffs would be cool, I just think a buff that would get me personally to start using these weapons even semi-regularly would be over the top.

4 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

The problem is for people that do play the worlds, going back to just constantly craft your primary weapon if it's not durable gets exceedingly tedious. Even with a bundled krampus sack of clubs, 56 clubs are very likely going to deplete fast when using them for day to day activities. Them having a lot more durability wouldn't stop needing to make the return trips, but would certainty help make them feel like you don't feel burdened to make the trips in the first place.

yeah but not many people use thulecite gear during their day to day activities (or do they?)

also if you use a glass cutter during your day to day activities then all i have to say is why?the glass cutter is good against nightmare creatures but against spiders and batilisks (enemies you see during your day to day activities)it would be a waste to use your glass cutter on them when you could use something simple like a spear or a axe or even your fists. so why?why would you use a glass cutter during your day to day activities?

8 minutes ago, stranger again said:

yeah but not many people use thulecite gear during their day to day activities (or do they?)

I’ve been only using thulecite crowns for 98% of my damage hits since day 300, and my world is on day 8500+ now. The reason is because even in day to day activities, kiting will substantially reduce the damage the armor takes. I usually break a crown around every 400-500 days, and I can justify making them because of how infrequent they break. In comparison, a club is going to break in 2-3 days of use against most non raid boss threats, and within 2 minutes if it is a raid boss threat.

11 minutes ago, stranger again said:

he glass cutter is good against nightmare creatures but against spiders and batilisks (enemies you see during your day to day activities)it would be a waste to use your glass cutter on them when you could use something simple like a spear or a axe or even your fists. so why?

A key reason is the speed. A spear kills spiders in 3 hits, and a batalisk in 2. A cutter reduces it to a 2 shot for spiders and a 1 shot for bats. The faster you can get rid of annoyances, the better.

Sure, a cutter is not an ideal choice, but if you have the resources, you might as well. It’s just that the durability being so moot turns it into an extremely niche weapon meant for shadows in the first place, and even then it’s only 50% more durable then a dark sword.

55 minutes ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Isn't the new addition in the latest patch enough to get people to make extra clubs between Fuel Weaver respawns?

The new additions has a lot of steps to it, the last of which is babysitting the dust moth for almost an entire day in exchange for 0.66-1 Thulecite.

6 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The new additions has a lot of steps to it, the last of which is babysitting the dust moth for almost an entire day in exchange for 0.66-1 Thulecite.

That is a pretty sad amount. People have better things to do in the game...

Like riding an Ornery Beefalo while wearing a Marble Suit and pretending you are a god of unlimited destruction.

I mean, the only things I would make with Thuelcite besides amulets is helmets and/or suits to duplicate with both green gem crafts. The helmets are good and worth it if you have lots of Thuelcite, however the club I fell just isn't. There isn't any other item in the game that you a temporary invincible bubble, but all the club has is a speed boost and good dps. Walking cane/ lazy Explorer covers speed, and dark swords/ cutter are cheaper, easier to get, and have high dps too. Higher duribility might make it worth it, but Klei I believed has already buffed it once.

Yes, I agree thulecite club and maybe even crowns could use a bit of a durability buff. Crown just a tad bit, club a decent bit.

The club fills a nice niche for mobs that don't move a lot, like Toadstool and Treeguards. Maybe it does well against Crab King, too, but I never tried it on that one.

It's far from becoming "OP"

This has always been a peeve of mine regarding DST. The inflated health values of monsters compared the DS also inflates the material cost of certain battles. This is especially evident regarding Raid Bosses. Thus, naturally, the more convenient weapons are more desirable because they are easier to make, and easier to make in bulk.

Not to mention, the club shares a very sought out material, Thulecite, with other more crucial recipes. By comparison, it's rarely worth it unless you're just messing around.

Yeah, I would too fancy a buff for Thule Club in any way - more uses than current 200 should do it. Atm, on pubs when I make it because Cane isn't yet available, I only use it for its 10% speed bon, not as actual weapon precisely because low durability - opposed to more affordable alternatives like Ham Bat or Dark Sword. Regarding Glass Cutter am okish with 75 uses over non-shadow mobs - but I wouldn't object if that number went up to 100 uses for example. 150 uses against shadows is acceptable as well because now Lunar Grotto (via Vitreoasis waterfalls) provides with additional Moon Shards; yet repeated trips to Lunar archipelago (Celestial Altar) are still bothersome to a degree. Thus more buffs are welcomed imo.

The problem I'm seeing is that the club + suit don't have unique bonuses like the crown. Walking cane swapping makes the club less special and lolSanityGain has no place on the suit. Since the crown exists, the opportunity cost in spending thulecite on anything else is too high, given how inferior the products are.

Let's be honest here, you're not really getting much of an advantage from using a Thulecite club over a Hambat + Walking Cane, especially when you factor in the cost and durability issues.

5 minutes ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

The problem I'm seeing is that the club + suit don't have unique bonuses like the crown. Walking cane swapping makes the club less special and lolSanityGain has no place on the suit. Since the crown exists, the opportunity cost in spending thulecite on anything else is too high, given how inferior the products are.

Let's be honest here, you're not really getting much of an advantage from using a Thulecite club over a Hambat + Walking Cane, especially when you factor in the cost and durability issues.

The problem with club, imo, is how niche are the tentacles 

For fights like fw, toad, df (tentacles can mess with the pan flaute) or beequeen adds a lot of dps

Maybe if it has more chances of spawning a tentacle it will be more used

Archived