[Game Update] - 438711

• Developer

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a client exploit that allowed players to perform actions when they are out of range from the target object.
  • Fixed the Astral Detector from trying to dig something it can’t.
  • Fixed Astral Detectors digging up the same item multiple times.
  • Improved resolution for Mushy Cake, Amberosia, and Milkmade Hat.
  • Fixed a crash involving the Vitreoasis sounds.
  • Fixed viewing profiles in the Bans Popup not getting the correct profile.

Changes to the Astral Detector:

• Reduced light during idle (when it has nothing left to find)
  • Uses are consumed after scanning, including when nothing is left to find.
  • The recipe now uses 1 Thulecite instead of 2 Thulecite Fragments

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3
  • Sanity 1

Huh, I'm missing the hermit_bundle prefab since the Forgotten Knowledge update (I think? It was fine before that, I got the Crabby Hermit's pearl in a playthrough before FK) and I thought this would fix it. :< I haven't been able to help Pearl because the game keeps crashing when trying to find a prefab that it's just not there for some reason.

Yes, I verified the integrity of the game's files through steam. Yes, I've reinstalled a million times. Yes, it's making me go insane.

NEVERMIND. I figured out what was causing it. I feel so dumb LMAO.

Edited by Idkunine

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Reduced light during idle (when it has nothing left to find)

RIP SS tier light source pre nerf astral detector, but post-nerf astral detector is still a solid A in my book.

For anyone who doesn't know what this change indicates, the astral detector gives off a constant and infinite source of light throughout as long as it's placed. The nerf reduced the radius by 50%, but it still is fairly good for what it offers, especially later on if you have an abundance of thule and moonrocks.

Here's a standard 3X3 setup I did in a test world. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but it is still very functional if you plan on making a cave base and don't mind the look of these:
image.thumb.png.5cc8512a8b8d858f91a76ae287da5344.png

Overall, I would say it's still a fairly good price for some simple infinite light. I will miss the pre-nerf one, but the post-nerf is still very viable and isn't too expensive to make in bulk if you are in a super lategame world. I appreciate the devs for not fully nerfing it as well!

• Like 14
  • Health 1

Maybe hammering the Astral Detector should turn it in into an item similar to other portable structures? Otherwise, this new recipe allows free deconstruction for all the ingredients by using a hammer.

Edited by Tykvesh
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tykvesh said:

Maybe hammering the Astral Detector should turn it in into an item similar to other portable structures? Otherwise, this new recipe allows free deconstruction for all the ingredients by using a hammer.

That's a good solution.

Before it was already worth hammering it down to get back the moon rock and only losing one fragment. Like this everything would get more expensive.