Deerclops (and others) origins

Hey,i was reading a now deleted thread about deerclops and i wondered,from where do they come from?Like where do they live and how do get to us.And what about Bearger?Moose-goose and Malbatross have wings so i do not question that,but those two still peeve me.

What do you think?

6 minutes ago, gaymime said:

huh? what is wrong about wanting lore?

i personally dont know but i have my own answers so first deerclops lives in the dont starve equivalent of the north pole with his/hers pengulls as elfs and they reach the constant via sleigh moose goose and malbatross live in the clouds that one is simple and bearger lives in a alternate reality where winnie the pooh is selfish and wont share his honey leaving bearger to searh the different lands looking for food to satisfy his hunger 

(im sorry i dont have real answers)

9 minutes ago, gaymime said:

huh? what is wrong about wanting lore?

I'm not sure? Like yeah the "is deerclops female" thread was gonna go down south quick but this thread has nothing to do with the giants Genders.... unless I missed something.

Jokes aside, I don't think there is any definitive piece of official lore regarding giants' origins. They seem to either be creations of Maxwell's via Nightmare Fuel action (AG clearly was affected by this, possibly the seasonal giants too; aka hybridism + overgrowth similar to Lichens and Lichen Pillars at Ruins' entrance Wilds biome) or Charlie's (Bee Queen, Antlion, Klaus, etc); I write "creations" but can also be creatures brought to Constant from other realms (like krampi and Klaus) and/or further influenced by exposure to Nightmare Fuel/Cycle. Other seem to be creatures mutated/corrupted by "Moon"'s action - Crab King, possibly Malbatross. And still monsters like Shadow Chesspieces plus AFw are most likely connected to "Them", perhaps that One-Eyed Shadow boss-tier being/comic horror (who knows, maybe that's "Them") from ancient murals, which came through Ancient Gateway.

13 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I'm not sure? Like yeah the "is deerclops female" thread was gonna go down south quick but this thread has nothing to do with the giants Genders.... unless I missed something.

i didnt see anything gender-requesting about the statement but even if they were it is easily negated with "all three are used by the characters" is my thought on the matter XD he, she, they all valid!

20 minutes ago, stranger again said:

i personally dont know but i have my own answers so first deerclops lives in the dont starve equivalent of the north pole with his/hers pengulls as elfs and they reach the constant via sleigh moose goose and malbatross live in the clouds that one is simple and bearger lives in a alternate reality where winnie the pooh is selfish and wont share his honey leaving bearger to searh the different lands looking for food to satisfy his hunger 

(im sorry i dont have real answers)

so you recruit piglets and when you go on holiday you have to watch out for tigger 'coz he learned how to swim?

I dont think there is an origin for the giants except Dragonfly. In the Battlegrounds biome from Hamlet, you can find a lot of burned trees, which kinda goes along with the "Hamlet is in a higher part of the constant" and would mean that the Dragonfly was vanished from there or something like that

34 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

I dont think there is an origin for the giants except Dragonfly. In the Battlegrounds biome from Hamlet, you can find a lot of burned trees, which kinda goes along with the "Hamlet is in a higher part of the constant" and would mean that the Dragonfly was vanished from there or something like that

that burning trees are result of an ancient war or fight (ancient hulk is there)

i think that they roam like seen in walters clip but we dont see them because game mechanics.

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that burning trees are result of an ancient war or fight (ancient hulk is there)

i think that they roam like seen in walters clip but we dont see them because game mechanics.

Honestly, I posted that because the Battlegrounds page on the wiki says "There are also scorch marks that are reminiscent of Dragonfly's spawn location and the impact marks left by Meteor Showers in Don't Starve Together."

Just now, Wardin25 said:

Honestly, I posted that because the Battlegrounds page on the wiki says "There are also scorch marks that are reminiscent of Dragonfly's spawn location and the impact marks left by Meteor Showers in Don't Starve Together."

klei recycle some stuff but ancient hulk makes that marks when is fighting so is logical that the state of that biome is because of ancient hulk than df

Archived