[Game Update] - 193

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.93 - 10/26/2020 (PlayStation 4)

Return of Them: Forgotten Knowledge and Hallowed Nights Available Now!

It seems that the chunk of moon that crashed into the ocean did more than create a new island, but broke through to the caves below as well, revealing previously sealed passageways that had sat undiscovered by our Survivors. What ancient secrets might be kept within?

• Added Return of Them: Forgotten Knowledge content:
    • Lunar Grotto Biome
      • Lunar Mush Trees
      • Mush Gnomes
      • Naked Mole Bats
      • Bulbous Lightbugs
    • Ancient Archive Biome
      • You'll have to explore
  • Hallowed Nights content returns:
    • Halloween Trinkets
    • Halloween Candies
    • Mad Science Lab
  • Fixed a bug allowing Woodie to stay in wereforms forever.
  • Fixed misery Toadstool not dropping a figure sketch.
  • Fixed a bug causing shadow creatures to stop spawning sometimes.
  • Fixed rowing not consuming durability on the oar.
  • Fixed animal tracks not spawning until the player kills the tracked animal
  • Fixed bee boxes being able to produce honey in winter.
  • Fixed bee boxes being able to produce honey without bees.
  • Fixed a bug causing the clever disguise to allow Wurt to interact with pig king/pigs.
  • Fixed a bug allowing Crabking to be fought without socketing any gems.
  • Fixed an issue where a split screen game would get disconnected if the second player was idle for too long.
  • Stopped Sharks from rotating the world.

New skin (and some old) sets now available!

We have also added a bunch of new items available as drops in-game or bundled in chests for purchase. Previous Costume Collection skins have been converted to Heirloom Quality items and will no longer drop after the end of the event. 

That's not all. During Hallowed Nights, we have increased the drop chance of Hallowed Nights items, so be on the look-out for these rare items and snag them all while you can!

New Streaming Drops!

researchlab_green_trio.png

We are adding the Terrible Ooze Machine to the Hallowed Nights collection. For more information on streaming drops and how to get them, check out our support topic here.

New Login Bonus items!

HN_login_trio.png

For a limited time, Log into DST and get the Ancient Stone Wall, Ancient Ornamental Wall and 
Monstrous Lantern skins for free!

Simply make sure you have the game updated and log into the game with the update installed to get the items.

Final Note

We’re already hard at work on the next update. With the holiday event season starting up we have a lot to do, so the normal content and character refresh schedule is going to be a little out of whack for a bit. We have the beta for another content update coming in November followed by its release and Winter’s Feast in December. After a much-needed holiday break in December, we will bring you The Year of the Beefalo and then (hopefully) be back to our normal schedule.

I have a new little teaser for you for the November beta update. This is a pretty big one, and something a bit different, but… I think you’re gonna like it.

silhouette_fee_fi_fo_thumb.png

Free Spool:
For those of you still paying attention. Here is some free spool: https://accounts.klei.com/link/forgottenspool
Expires in 1 month. 

Thanks again for playing, have fun out there! Check out the original forum post for more details.

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

Thanks.

Edit: So just no one get confused, your Streaming & Login gift will be as in-game open gift ;).

Note to devs, can we please get a fix for the Item Collection? It's still buggy and you need to wait for the Recent Discoveries to load or you will get an error entering the item collection and sometimes you will get all your characters wiped out from their equipped skin and back to default! ty.

Edited by Mj-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I have a world already created (1000+ days console edition), will the lunar grotto be generated in the caves? or the only way to access this content is by starting a new world?

Edited by Yamhos

48 minutes ago, Yamhos said:

If I have a world already created (1000+ days console edition), will the lunar grotto be generated in the caves? or the only way to access this content is by starting a new world?

Your current world will undergo a retrofiting update and all new content will be added to it, so there is no need to start a new world

• Like 2

@JanH

Thanks for the update, the Brazilian community congratulates the Klei team!

Didn't we receive the update that allows us to build a wall on the edge of the world with this update, any forecast for this change to reach the console?

Edited by Cailu95
  • Like 3

@JanH Apparently there is no way for us to force attack on consoles after this patch. I'd make a post on bug section with a video but I'm not at home right now, just letting you know. Instead our characters walk a step and doesn't attack if there's no target.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kur0u said:

@JanH Apparently there is no way for us to force attack on consoles after this patch. I'd make a post on bug section with a video but I'm not at home right now, just letting you know. Instead our characters walk a step and doesn't attack if there's no target.

that's right, and traps don't show they current % .nevermind they do now

Edited by Pebrot

On 10/27/2020 at 12:52 AM, Dunk Mujunk said:

Not sure if it is a bug or what, but I did not receive the login bonus items. My wife got hers on her profile.

My friend had this problem i wait for a solution for him :/ 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BeeClops said:

for me at least, the new Wolfgang Wolf skin is very transparent in some situations, especially visible near a scaled furnace, you can see through him. It does not look intentional, anyone else experiencing this? 

Not just Wolfgang, I think all the Characters have it even the Mobs. When you stay near any shiny light you will be visible! I was going to report it, but I thought it's only me!

While we are at it. Does anyone have any issues with his/her Lunar Island? For some reason, half of my island now are missing the Enlightenment! it's just like when the Lunar Island marge with normal biomes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mj- said:

Not just Wolfgang, I think all the Characters have it even the Mobs. When you stay near any shiny light you will be visible! I was going to report it, but I thought it's only me!

While we are at it. Does anyone have any issues with his/her Lunar Island? For some reason, half of my island now are missing the Enlightenment! it's just like when the Lunar Island marge with normal biomes!

I thought the transparency was NOT a glitch and was something NEW that they added intentionally.. that allows players to see important stuff like a potential forest fire about to start if a tree behind another tree for example was smoldering, This Transparency is Also happening on Xbox One but when I look at ideas people suggest for the future of DST like “Elevated Lands and Roofs” Transparency isn’t a glitch... it’s a REQUIREMENT.

So it may be odd to get used to at first, but I personally like it and I think it’s here to stay.

6 hours ago, panoja7 said:

My friend had this problem i wait for a solution for him :/ 

Quick update, I ended up getting my login bonus items while in world from the science machine as gifts, along with the first 2 Twitch drops. It was pretty wild, it ended up being like 6 gifts back to back.

My wife however, who got her bonus login gifts like normal, has not received any of the current Twitch drops yet (she has all 3 showing on her rewards page here).

I'm gonna give it another day or 2 then I'm gonna either ping a dev here or create a thread.

I'm sure Klei is on it though, they will get it straightened out.

2 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Quick update, I ended up getting my login bonus items while in world from the science machine as gifts, along with the first 2 Twitch drops. It was pretty wild, it ended up being like 6 gifts back to back.

My wife however, who got her bonus login gifts like normal, has not received any of the current Twitch drops yet (she has all 3 showing on her rewards page here).

I'm gonna give it another day or 2 then I'm gonna either ping a dev here or create a thread.

I'm sure Klei is on it though, they will get it straightened out.

Thx dunk mujunk for the answer ^^ I said to my friend! He is angry for this problem xD

This may help a little-

On 8/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, JoeW said:

You can check the transaction history of all gifts you have received, unraveled, or woven.

Before I actually received my login gifts/Twitch drops they were shown in my transaction history. My wife still has not received her Twitch drops but they show in her history.

It doesn't actually solve the problem, but it may give your friend some peace of mind as they will more than likely be shown.

I'm assuming your friend has signed up for the rewards program, if not I would highly recommend it.

Edited by Dunk Mujunk
  • Like 2