BEEFALO UPDATE

So, klei has enjoyed doing a few QoL updates, but none touched beefalos :c. In general, it would be nice if you could enter a cave while riding a beefalo so you can take it into the cave. And also, fix the numbers. Fix the number so that you don't have to ride a beefalo 24/7 and feed it every 10 seconds to tame it. thankssssssss

10 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Fix the number so that you don't have to ride a beefalo 24/7 and feed it every 10 seconds to tame it.

For the record, that's an either/or condition. You don't need to ride a beefalo so long as you keep it fed and you don't need to feed a beefalo (beside a few twigs/grass here and there to raise its obedience) if you are constantly riding it.

I don’t understand the part about wanting to take Beefalo into a cave sinkhole he is Huge and the hole is tiny.. A Beefalo-like Cave mount that you can tame as a caves equivalent to Beefalo? Yeah I’d enjoy that, But I do agree that taming them and keeping them happy should be easier.

Maybe more interactions/animations for them too since next Year of The update is for the Ox and closest thing we has to Ox is Beefalo.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

he is Huge and the hole is tiny.

Woby is the same size as the beefalo, and can enter cave.

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

For the record, that's an either/or condition. You don't need to ride a beefalo so long as you keep it fed and you don't need to feed a beefalo (beside a few twigs/grass here and there to raise its obedience) if you are constantly riding it.

you ALWAYS have to feed a beefalo a lot based on the numbers. The reason is obedience factor. it drains 10% in 100 seconds, and you need 50% to even ride. The shortest time to tame without a brush is 20 days of this. that's a lot of food.

47 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

you ALWAYS have to feed a beefalo a lot based on the numbers. The reason is obedience factor. it drains 10% in 100 seconds, and you need 50% to even ride. The shortest time to tame without a brush is 20 days of this. that's a lot of food.

Yeah, but obedience is not linked to the beefalo's hunger. Feeding it anything, even twigs or grass, will raise its obedience by 10. The beefalo can be starving 24/7, but you won't be penalized if you are also riding it 24/7. Not that this makes beefalo taming any less of a slog.

Woby is a passive mount incapable of engaging within combat that can Shrink/Grow in Size, Beefalo is just fat Beefalo.

Ive never tamed one myself- I plan to someday just never actually have gotten around to it, but I see people making Great Suggestions like having Beefalo have animations to lick salt lick block or to shake off rain after it just stops raining.

Small little details that go a long way in player emersion I guess.

I would much rather have a unique cave mount that is the cave equivalent to Beefalo, rather then being able to take actual Beefalo down into caves.

Beefalo could behave differently in caves, Timid, Scared.. it’s a dark and damp spooky place and Beefalo are usually in nice warm sunny fields full of grass tufts to nibble on. :) 

And again it would still be entirely up to Klei as to if cave mounts would be too OP.

What I DO agree with however is making them a little easier to maintain and upkeep, I would love to actually be able to successfully tame a Beefalo someday. :( 

what I wouldn't like about a caves equivalent of a beefalo would be more salt lick. All the nitre and boards I need to spend is starting to get old very fast.

What I'd love is a silo. Something that converts vegetables or fruit into beefalo feed that could just give something a beefalo to graze on without eating all my hard earned boards.

And if you add a cave equivalent to the mix, my chances of having stockpiled boards and nitre drastically go down. 

Archived