Public servers is weird

Ok, my first post here, first english isnt my main language so ill probably talk wrong.

Ok so my point here is, you can't fully enjoy the experience of this game in a public server, DST is a game about fight and bases, to play the game u need itens, those that can  be rare or not, and the main issue in a public server is u cant pick all the  itens u need, u need trust and share with unknow people and this ruins ur experience,

U cant rush a boss, for example a DF, u cant beat her if u dont find gloomer statues first, u can ask another player, but the chance of a random player pick and leave is high. ( i had this problem 3 times...)

U need to share things with a stranger : the big meme, "people who enter in a public  server and do nothing only eat our food" this delays the  gameplay, u always need to explain where the base is, or lose 40 health or a red gem for revive a player who died for freezing( and probably will leave in 2 days).

U cant do normals things, like, kill the Klaus, do a normal boss rush, like beequeen on day 13, or make a bunnymen farm beacuse u need all moment pay attention for that wigfrid who is starving, or that  walter asking help because hes insane.

Base in the portal... do i need explain?

U cant play the game, not serious but trying to enjoy 100%, the game for me isnt fun without a bee queen crown on day 20, or a df furnace, or a simple base in oasis or pk.

And i not talk about the "meta" here, i know u can play with the character u want play ( willow is my main for example), but when a walter enter in a public server, use all the marbles to do (bullet? idk), i cant  be happy, its depressing, or better when a wx enter eat the 3 gears in the chest and 7 days later die for freezing and quit,so funny XD, ill not lie, sometimes, maybe, I (curse (tradutor here) people, in all existing ways, idk...

u probably will say, " newer players enters in the public servers bro" or " u play the game the way u want" and yeah if people new enters u need to explain the things, but comtinues boring and stressfull, u need to understand people maybe dont want kill bosses, and u isnt wrong for playing "safe", but a fact is, u dont enjoying the game the ways it was made, isnt wrong but its boring, for a poor teen i cant host, and i need to play in a public server knowing, that world i work so much for make it better probably it will reset for a random player who kills himslef for reset,or a grifers who burn my crockpots and i cant roolback because dont have more than 3 person in the server, i cant kill much bosses because i dont have the itens for that, and ill probably get frustrated.

Play with strange people its boring in a game if limited itens and world, dst isnt minecraft who u have a infnite world with infinite resources ( i know the dst world is regenerable, but or its take so long or its  hard to regenerable), U CANT (without a group of know friends) enter in a public server and kill fullweaver, maybe if u are luck or its a god in the game, or make a mega base.

And if u say," this isnt the purpose in a public server, the purpose is make friends and blablabla" so, maybe, maybe the public  servers is flawed.

image.thumb.png.92294ba28f4112a7fb92799fb04b5e44.png

me and a walter arguing, because hes enter in a public server on day 31 died for freezing and blamed us because we didn't help him, to show where base is in a server with global positions ( and i explained where base is )

11 minutes ago, WhackE said:

Common mistake, just don't interact with anyone.

I agree DST despite being called a multiplayer game- is in actuality one of the WORST games you can play with other people. Don’t believe me??

The game encourages grieving- all it takes is a single Pickaxe to a Glommer Statue- Which by the way your character will make some sad quote about when examining after the dirty deed has already been done like “That wasn’t very Nice!” 

Now for ME I don’t need Glommer because I have no problems managing and maintaining my Sanity levels- But for a player... Who relies on Glommer this Statue Wrecker could ruin their experience and make the game harder on them.

When your experienced you’ll just laugh at all grieving antics and be like- This whole game greifs you.. some jerk doing it ain’t any different “Repair, Rebuild”

But my point is there are REASONS I don’t like playing this game with other people much, and joining a public server is just you asking for that kind of trouble.

The Games official purchasing description even warns you in Advance though...

352104F5-CF9A-4C18-8AC2-F30F41B6DF8D.thumb.jpeg.14db8e26183bc4fd4b427c03e2793649.jpeg

source link: 

https://www.klei.com/games/dont-starve-together

5 hours ago, Muriilo said:

U cant rush a boss, for example a DF, u cant beat her if u dont find gloomer statues first

Why do you need Glommer to kill Dragonfly?

u can ask another player, but the chance of a random player pick and leave is high. ( i had this problem 3 times...)

If someone disconnects with Glommer's Flower they drop it on the floor.

U need to share things with a stranger : the big meme, "people who enter in a public  server and do nothing only eat our food" this delays the  gameplay, u always need to explain where the base is, or lose 40 health or a red gem for revive a player who died for freezing( and probably will leave in 2 days).

You don't need to do any of that if you hate it so much.

U cant do normals things, like, kill the Klaus, do a normal boss rush, like beequeen on day 13, or make a bunnymen farm beacuse u need all moment pay attention for that wigfrid who is starving, or that  walter asking help because hes insane.

No you don't, you aren't contractually obligated to babysit people. If you want to ignore their deaths you can. You can always revive them after doing whatever it is you want to, anyway.

And i not talk about the "meta" here, i know u can play with the character u want play ( willow is my main for example), but when a walter enter in a public server, use all the marbles to do (bullet? idk), i cant  be happy, its depressing, or better when a wx enter eat the 3 gears in the chest and 7 days later die for freezing and quit,so funny XD, ill not lie, sometimes, maybe, I (curse (tradutor here) people, in all existing ways, idk...

Public servers aren't for you, then. You have to be fine with your items mysteriously disappearing, or else you'll have a bad time.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

The game encourages grieving- all it takes is a single Pickaxe to a Glommer Statue- Which by the way your character will make some sad quote about when examining after the dirty deed has already been done like “That wasn’t very Nice!” 

Now for ME I don’t need Glommer because I have no problems managing and maintaining my Sanity levels- But for a player... Who relies on Glommer this Statue Wrecker could ruin their experience and make the game harder on them.

Pickaxing the statue doesn't stop it from spawning flowers. Glommer is also a really bad source of sanity.

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

you need to find glommer statue first because the panflute is there -> kill dragonfly.

And i agree with each of your points; i played pubs a lot, learned so many random stuff from strangers.

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot since most of the time I fight Dfly I just rally a few people together to engage in high-skill holding-down-F gameplay which skips her rage phases since she takes too much damage. Somebody taking the Pan Flute would make solo rushing difficult, but it is possible to fight her while she's enraged, it's just a lot harder.

8 hours ago, Muriilo said:

And if u say," this isnt the purpose in a public server, the purpose is make friends and blablabla" so, maybe, maybe the public  servers is flawed.

It's pretty hard for Klei to fix people, but I hope they do.

What do you propose the solution should be? If you really want a dfly furnace that bad, you can always search for a mandrake and make a panflute that way. If your tired of wasting your time helping people, don't. Make your own base in the corner of the map and only let the players you want know where it is. The rest of the server can make their own main base and deal with the new players themselves.

Public servers aren't for everyone. I for one only come in when I want a quick session, because playing with other people exhausts me so much I have enough after reaching spring. My playing pace is also very slow (perfect opposite of yours- if we met on a pub you would not like me) and public servers are simply not for me most of the time. 

If I do play on a pub however, I found that Don't Fight Together have the best moderation and players, and you can meet both rushers and slower players, so I suggest trying there. You can always try to host your own server and put the rules in description, kicking or banning anyone who doesn't listen to you (I think there's a mod that makes players drop all their inventory when they leave). 

Communication.

That's what you search for. Like in EVERY multiplayer. Basics. 

"blablabla" is the purpose, not necessarely making friends.

I can't understand why people complaining that there's no teamplay when they play with strangers who doesnt communicate.

What do you want ? What do you need ?

Teamplay is not a magical feature when you have so many open roads in front of you, in front of each players and their needs.

You're maybe weird too !

Unmoderated public servers mostly have a "chaotic" gamestyle which has a unique fun on its own, you just have to know what to expect beforehand.

You can't go to the local nightclub and expect to have some tea and enjoy some biscuits while calmly chatting with your buddies, it is what it is, and if you want that specifically, you just go somewhere else.

If you want to make serious, calmed progress, with a nice organized base and such, you have to play in moderated servers, or private servers with friends.

Public servers are just to hang out a bit, test rushes or new strategies, maybe learn or teach a thing or two, and see how long can you survive and help people, given what you have.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I agree DST despite being called a multiplayer game- is in actuality one of the WORST games you can play with other people. Don’t believe me??

When your experienced you’ll just laugh at all grieving antics and be like- This whole game greifs you.. some jerk doing it ain’t any different “Repair, Rebuild”

But my point is there are REASONS I don’t like playing this game with other people much, and joining a public server is just you asking for that kind of trouble.

The Games official purchasing description even warns you in Advance though...

352104F5-CF9A-4C18-8AC2-F30F41B6DF8D.thumb.jpeg.14db8e26183bc4fd4b427c03e2793649.jpeg

source link: 

https://www.klei.com/games/dont-starve-together

yeha u are correct.. not to say about that

9 hours ago, Muriilo said:

[...] u need trust and share with unknow people and this ruins ur experience, [...]
U need to share things with a stranger [...] u always need to explain where the base is, [...]
U cant do normals things, [...] beacuse u need all moment pay attention for that wigfrid who is starving, or that  walter asking help because hes insane.
[...] if people new enters u need to explain the things, [...]

me and a walter arguing, because hes enter in a public server on day 31 died for freezing and blamed us because we didn't help him, to show where base is in a server with global positions ( and i explained where base is )

Just try to say "No." for once, it solves that many problems.

You aren't forced to trust other players, you aren't forced to share things with other players, you aren't forced to show others where the base is, you aren't forced to babysit other players, you aren't forced to explain everyone how this game works.

If you want to keep your base and your items safe, just hide them. Either somewhere in the corner of the map or in the caves.

If a player joins who instantly starts to complain about the fact that he died at spawn because nobody helped him, just ignore him, he ain't worth it anyway. This game is still a survival so players should at least prove that they're able to survive until they reach the base, but in this case it's just a Choosing Beggar (asks for a free base, blames the others for not giving him the base he wanted), it's not worth it to keep him in your base, considering that he'll just start asking for more items while giving nothing in return.
Players who join during winter and manage to reach the base without help might be worth it, since they proved that they're able to survive on their own.

Some facts for you about this game: The "Don't" in "Don't Starve Together" refers to "Starve Together", meaning you're not supposed to "Starve Together".

In other words: You fail if you AND your "friends" starve. But that's not the case if not everyone starves, because then the "AND"-condition is not fulfilled: true AND false equals false, you didn't fulfill "Starve Together" and thus "Don't Starve Together" is fulfilled. So if your "friends" die and you stay alive, you still fulfilled the task of the game because you did not "Starve Together".

This is even more confirmed by the fact that the regeneration countdown starts only and only if everyone ingame starves, since you achieved "Starve Together" and thus failed your task.

4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Why do you need Glommer to kill Dragonfly?

If someone disconnects with Glommer's Flower they drop it on the floor.

You don't need to do any of that if you hate it so much.

No you don't, you aren't contractually obligated to babysit people. If you want to ignore their deaths you can. You can always revive them after doing whatever it is you want to, anyway.

Public servers aren't for you, then. You have to be fine with your items mysteriously disappearing, or else you'll have a bad time.

Pickaxing the statue doesn't stop it from spawning flowers. Glommer is also a really bad source of sanity.

ok i explain wrong, sorry about that, i need the pan of the gloomer statue for rush DF, i dont care about the gloomer, it useless, i can not revive, but its better to be cursed like the image above, like 1 guy die, u trying ignore and hes speaking bad things about u ( its worse when u cant vote kick), and the same reply to the third commentary, i can ignore people but for what? stress? and is very normal people enter a world break the pig heads and leave, after day 15 i dont have more pig skin for helmets and ham, we can broken houses but isnt the best way, i know? we lose importants materials, in a finite world, and  yes the server isnt about me, but who is? if u think its ok a random guy pick items leave, and me are the wrong here because im trying the game the ways the  challenge u, so the public server continue flawed

5 hours ago, WhackE said:

Common mistake, just don't interact with anyone.

if that is necessary to try to enjoy the game, i do

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Did you know that private servers exists?

oh thanks, now find a brazilian friend for me, or buy a new pc :), sorry but i know just i cant..

1 hour ago, NotRatty said:

It's pretty hard for Klei to fix people, but I hope they do.

the problem isnt people, its the game, dst inst a game to play with strangers, and public servers show that

1 hour ago, PrezPara said:

What do you propose the solution should be? If you really want a dfly furnace that bad, you can always search for a mandrake and make a panflute that way. If your tired of wasting your time helping people, don't. Make your own base in the corner of the map and only let the players you want know where it is. The rest of the server can make their own main base and deal with the new players themselves.

ok, uuh maybe im a little rude here, but i play the game in a public server? u can ignore peoples, but u will gain hate and stress, the pan in the starting the game actually its a problem here but the, its just a example that u can lose simple opportunities like kill df, a easy boss, because the game isnt to play togheter, i cant make my own base only for me, griefers and newers players can open the chest anyways... and trying to do that is trying to play solo a server make for u play with peoples, and its because that u cant play with strange peoples

I think the problem is just klei cannot spend their times patroling the servers and babysit everysingle thing that is happening on klei offical servers or others. i met people on discord and they picked up dst a while ago and they play together. thats what you should do too, to have fun in this game.

but talking about public servers. its like a gambling machine. you get unlucky and find jerks or you get lucky and find cool people. i do not like to keep talking about public before i get PTSD back in 2017/18.

thats all from my side.

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Public servers aren't for everyone. I for one only come in when I want a quick session, because playing with other people exhausts me so much I have enough after reaching spring. My playing pace is also very slow (perfect opposite of yours- if we met on a pub you would not like me) and public servers are simply not for me most of the time. 

If I do play on a pub however, I found that Don't Fight Together have the best moderation and players, and you can meet both rushers and slower players, so I suggest trying there. You can always try to host your own server and put the rules in description, kicking or banning anyone who doesn't listen to you (I think there's a mod that makes players drop all their inventory when they leave). 

yes its very true, today i only play in a public server only to spend time, i cant host for myself because my computer dont is the best( i can, but after day 50 its impossible to play with none activacte) im looking for friends in the comunity in steam or a dc groups, someday ill find one

8 minutes ago, Muriilo said:

yes its very true, today i only play in a public server only to spend time, i cant host for myself because my computer dont is the best( i can, but after day 50 its impossible to play with none activacte) im looking for friends in the comunity in steam or a dc groups, someday ill find one

Well, that shouldn't be difficult. There are plenty of discord servers dedicated to finding players (there's even a forum thread in DST category, you can try there) so all I can do is wish you good luck- I'm sure you'll find some people to play with soon. 

45 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Communication.

That's what you search for. Like in EVERY multiplayer. Basics. 

"blablabla" is the purpose, not necessarely making friends.

I can't understand why people complaining that there's no teamplay when they play with strangers who doesnt communicate.

What do you want ? What do you need ?

Teamplay is not a magical feature when you have so many open roads in front of you, in front of each players and their needs.

You're maybe weird too !

yeaaah, this isnt a problem for me, say what do u want, what do u need, dont fixing the error here u can ask, u can talk but not always the person will do what u need, if u say "dont make farms its a bad food resource" and the people continue making isnt a problem, he can play the game the ways he likes even if it arruined your gameplay, u understand? when u play this game with other u always dependent on others and u cant do nothing about that, make your m=own base, or ignore people dont fix the problem, i show a print with a walter cursed me, lacked communication? yes, i can do something about that? no, dont depends only me, and thanks for call me weird because i have problems in this game is always cool see old players supporting newers :)

55 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Unmoderated public servers mostly have a "chaotic" gamestyle which has a unique fun on its own, you just have to know what to expect beforehand.

You can't go to the local nightclub and expect to have some tea and enjoy some biscuits while calmly chatting with your buddies, it is what it is, and if you want that specifically, you just go somewhere else.

If you want to make serious, calmed progress, with a nice organized base and such, you have to play in moderated servers, or private servers with friends.

Public servers are just to hang out a bit, test rushes or new strategies, maybe learn or teach a thing or two, and see how long can you survive and help people, given what you have.

yes u are right, but "Public servers are just to hang out a bit, test rushes or new strategies, maybe learn or teach a thing or two, and see how long can you survive and help people, given what you have." its wrong for me,

nobody learns anything new here, since nobody works together :/ 

45 minutes ago, Well-met said:

40 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Just try to say "No." for once, it solves that many problems.

You aren't forced to trust other players, you aren't forced to share things with other players, you aren't forced to show others where the base is, you aren't forced to babysit other players, you aren't forced to explain everyone how this game works.

If you want to keep your base and your items safe, just hide them. Either somewhere in the corner of the map or in the caves.

If a player joins who instantly starts to complain about the fact that he died at spawn because nobody helped him, just ignore him, he ain't worth it anyway. This game is still a survival so players should at least prove that they're able to survive until they reach the base, but in this case it's just a Choosing Beggar (asks for a free base, blames the others for not giving him the base he wanted), it's not worth it to keep him in your base, considering that he'll just start asking for more items while giving nothing in return.
Players who join during winter and manage to reach the base without help might be worth it, since they proved that they're able to survive on their own.

Some facts for you about this game: The "Don't" in "Don't Starve Together" refers to "Starve Together", meaning you're not supposed to "Starve Together".

In other words: You fail if you AND your "friends" starve. But that's not the case if not everyone starves, because then the "AND"-condition is not fulfilled: true AND false equals false, you didn't fulfill "Starve Together" and thus "Don't Starve Together" is fulfilled. So if your "friends" die and you stay alive, you still fulfilled the task of the game because you did not "Starve Together".

This is even more confirmed by the fact that the regeneration countdown starts only and only if everyone ingame starves, since you achieved "Starve Together" and thus failed your task.

i cant do it man, dont work like that, if your sollution is make your own base if your resources

it will be like 5 children, each one has 10 pieces of a puzzle of 50 pieces
 u cant enjoy the game, simple but true, u can ignore peoples but again, u will gain hate and stress, and i cant be a ******* and dont share food, because isnt my own server..
23 minutes ago, emin61 said:

I think the problem is just klei cannot spend their times patroling the servers and babysit everysingle thing that is happening on klei offical servers or others. i met people on discord and they picked up dst a while ago and they play together. thats what you should do too, to have fun in this game.

but talking about public servers. its like a gambling machine. you get unlucky and find jerks or you get lucky and find cool people. i do not like to keep talking about public before i get PTSD back in 2017/18.

thats all from my side.

u are right,

im not asking klei to take care of their servers, i thing its impossible fix that, the only way is make a dst 2, dst isnt a game to play with stranger, and ignoring or talking isnt fix the error im trying to meet other players  now, thanks for the tip
24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

That is your problem not players in public.

Maybe if you dont act like that you could make friends

no. my problem here isnt i cant play, its i cant play in a public server, understand, me having a good or bad pc doents changes how the public servers are worst, me having a good pc is the better way to ignore this problem, but dont will fix it, public servers continue a bad experience

51 minutes ago, Muriilo said:

ok i explain wrong, sorry about that, i need the pan of the gloomer statue for rush DF, i dont care about the gloomer, it useless, i can not revive, but its better to be cursed like the image above, like 1 guy die, u trying ignore and hes speaking bad things about u ( its worse when u cant vote kick), and the same reply to the third commentary, i can ignore people but for what? stress? and is very normal people enter a world break the pig heads and leave, after day 15 i dont have more pig skin for helmets and ham, we can broken houses but isnt the best way, i know? we lose importants materials, in a finite world, and  yes the server isnt about me, but who is? if u think its ok a random guy pick items leave, and me are the wrong here because im trying the game the ways the  challenge u, so the public server continue flawed

I'm not saying it's okay for them to behave like that, I'm saying it's expected for them to behave like that. I play on public servers because I like helping people, think it's funny to see the strange things they sometimes do, and like the additional challenge of an unreliable everything, but playing on them I recognize that things will be stolen, most players will not really contribute, and sometimes there'll even be griefers. I don't let any of that bother me so I'm fine with public servers, but if you're bothered by that then public servers aren't for you.

Sometimes I want a more ordered and long-term game, but when I do I don't play on public servers for that, I host a private server that my friends can join.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Love this analogy.

Archived