What do you want for the next character?

Something someone suggested a long time ago that I liked the concept of & we don’t have yet- A playable Rock Den Lobster.

Heres some of its perks-

Heavy damage due to having lots of Rock Armor, Moves & Attacks slower than other characters but High Health & hits Hard (Classic Tank Class Character) 

Rock Lobsters Armor will chip away when being injured, and will drop rocks but now that it isn’t weighed down by Rock Armor- it can now move faster and attack faster but at the cost of its higher damage.

Rock Lobster can eat common rocks, Nitre, Stone fruit, fallen boulders from cave earthquakes-
This restores his Armor and HP..

Can NOT eat traditional foods like Berries or Meat.

In Addition- He can also pull stones, Nitre, and already pre-crafted Cutstone directly out of his body at the cost of his Armor and Health.. to supply to his teammates.

Rock Lobster can build Rock Lobster Dens (Yes even outside of caves on the surface) 

Why??? Because Maxwells Quote when examining a Rock Lobster implies that they used to LIVE on the Surface until Maxwell banished them all into the cave depths.

It’s an unused concept that I would really love to see Klei explore.

Though I hope we don't get another character for a LONG time unless they are a major lore milestone, I guess I would like something that changes the gameplay thoroughly.

Wurt was a huge missed opportunity to make a base building character matter, having someone who could build up their own economy through various npc's and specific buildings could be a lot of fun if balanced correctly.

I posted a concept before that I actually still like a lot but,, I would be interested in an ocean based character (preferably a crab character??) As I've seen people don't like the ocean update at all and I think there should be more things added to it to make it more enjoyable and for people who like sailing they can have a character that is good at that kind of stuff. I dunno sorry if this seems like a lazy put together comment I am just about to sleep lol

I will maybe come back and explain this better if thats okay

I do believe they said Walter was their last one for quite a while now, but if they were to take a jab at another character, like many others have said, I'd adore it if they went for a swimming/ocean character, or maybe a new stab at the cave characters, only issue there is not everyone would be able to explore the caves.
I think a water character (Proper one, not Wurt) would be the way to go.

I mean, I feel like we've exhausted most of the creative pool with the characters we have now. Like if we were to add another character, what would they reasonably be able to do that another character already cannot? Sure we have the ocean, so a sailor/pirate may be an option, but even then the ocean is not entirely fleshed out enough to warrant that; I think that Klei would really need to invent something we never knew we needed in order to accommodate a new character, but I'm willing to wait long-term when a new one is actually needed.

For the next character, i want it to be a piece of rock. Yes a piece of rock that probably was due to a stray prismatic gem affected by both /involve with nightmares and lunar in a fight or Charlie mixed personalities

Probably can accomdate the power of all minerals and nightmare fuel 

14 minutes ago, PrezPara said:

What about a sea related character and a cave related character combined? Could be a crab or something idk

I'm pretty sure Klei has always avoided cave perks because they're optional and many servers don't actually have them.

A moon character could certainly work though.

I personally want a type of Merchant or Trading type Character, that could maybe travel around the Constant trading supplies and such with Pigmen, Bunnyman, even maybe Merms or other creatures to get a good head start in early game or to get hard to get supplies with their own exclusive currencies they could be used to buy and sell to maybe help stock up and supply and support the team in the late game with the stuff that they buy. maybe  they'll even have a reputation meter when entering pig or bunnymen villages, with a bad reputation they'll either be less likely to trade good stuff with you or anything at all or attack you on the spot like monster characters(This stops players from trying to commit mass genocide on pigs at the start of a world for free pigskin and maybe think of friendlier/alternative way to get pigskin ), but if you have a good reputation around them they'll welcome you in with open arms and trade you really good and rare trades.

6 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I mean, I feel like we've exhausted most of the creative pool with the characters we have now. Like if we were to add another character, what would they reasonably be able to do that another character already cannot? Sure we have the ocean, so a sailor/pirate may be an option, but even then the ocean is not entirely fleshed out enough to warrant that; I think that Klei would really need to invent something we never knew we needed in order to accommodate a new character, but I'm willing to wait long-term when a new one is actually needed.

Smite has 100+ gods to choose from and they haven’t ran out of new ones to add yet- they may share similar abilities... but as long as they have something that makes them feel unique, different & fun.. they will keep adding new ones.

There is literally no logical reason why the rest of the single player DS dlc characters are not in DST... (Beyond development cost, and the developers time..) They each already have fans who actually want to play as them- and are eagerly awaiting the day they get added to DST.

I don’t see DST having as many playable characters as SMITE... but I also do not see a DST 2.... anytime soon, I’m looking at DST like its Klei’s version of GTA or Red Dead Online, or Minecraft, or Rainbow Six Siege- Aka... Games that do not NEED sequels because they continue to update the one that’s already out and keep it fresh rather than releasing a new installment every 1-2 years like in the old days of gaming.

Now if you picture DST as Klei’s version of GTA:O or Minecraft, you can start to piece together the puzzle and see where and how all the missing DS DLC characters, Plus Brand New Ones exclusive for DST- All start to fit into the game.

I could easily see a cast of 30-40 playable characters.. and as long as the game continues to expand and evolve and get content updates- Then I’m all for that.

5 hours ago, A Random Furry said:

Most people hated Walter

I wouldn't say hate. More like a vocal minority disliked the amount of stuff crammed into 1 character, making him seem more of a classic Steam Workshop mod if anything. Slingshot and ranged is a good, fun pro, and his massive sanity loss when taking damage a consistent con for player-base at large. These 2 aspects, perhaps even better developed, coupled with at most 1-2 more facets (let's say the personalized tent and firecamp stories) would've made for strong-yet-simple character mechanics. Woby and all that's going around her (pet&chester hybrid, going weredog via 3x MM into a scaredy beef-akin mount able to go to Caves shard), sanity from tree clusters, specialized niche Hat kinda all feel like clutter. They make certain sense from a "boy scout and his dog" theme and are relatively entertaining, still pretty overfilling for just 1 character.

Spoiler

Side note: what's with all this "hate" thrown left and right for the most silly, trivial subjects?! Hatred is probably the most strong sentimentdebatably followed by Love, but certain people nowadays tent to use it as a knee-jerk reaction for simple contextualized emotions without much further meaning (aka over-exaggerations). I get the "U a h@ter, bruh?!" meme but don't forget why it's a meme to begin with.

As for the idea of a "brand-new character" (if is a must to have one) perhaps a Cave-related (we already got a Moon-liked one - Wormwood) or a totally never-before-seen one, maybe connected to some future new mob like previously speculated Crab-people. Still I for one would fancy if such new character would be left for "Return of Them"'s end when all content would be properly flashed-out, DLC direction clear and said new character would also bring more lore into context (like others pointed above). For now better have KLei concentrate on new main-game updates and character re-works (with QoL side-dishes too).

I think Walter is the one most heavily in need of a rework. Which is fine. Unlike the other pre-existing characters, Wurt, Wortox, and Walter were the risky ones because they didn't have a base game version already. Wortox was probably in the works the longest due to existing in the files of DS. Wurt did a good enough job of expanding some lore for the Merms, some of which which was already implied from the start (Pigs and merms having the other's heads on spikes as decorations). Though Wurt could use some touch-ups and bugfixes.

Walter and Woby are out of nowhere. Completely new, no expansion on existing lore to work with. I think they should have sat on the drawing board a bit longer to get more fleshed out.

Seeing that several characters still need touch-ups/reworks, and many characters have yet to come to DST, I don't want another completely new character for a long while. Focus on who exists and let the next NEW new character sit on that drawing board for much longer than whatever time Walter an Woby got.

8 hours ago, Well-met said:

All I want is a sea-related character that can swim. I need that component.

same man, but sadly if wurt and goose woodie cant swim i cant see it ever happening anymore unless there is a rework for wurt :-(..

i would like to see a character which has a very unique abilities to him like Wortox and his soul hop and soul abilities

Archived