Do you actually tame Beefalo?

Do you actually tame Beefalo?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever tamed a Beefalo before?

• yes I have tamed one (or more)
    • Never even tried too
    • I attempted to tame one
    • Partially tame one to carry statues
  2. 2. Do you Know what the different Beefalo types do?

• Yes I read the wiki
    • there are different types?!??!
  3. 3. Which Beefalo type is your favourite?

• ORNERY - highest damage at 50
    • RIDER - highest move speed at 8
    • PUDGY - 6.25 sanity aura
    • I don't have a favorite
    • DEFAULT - isn't special
  4. 4. Do you think they are all balanced? if not why are they unbalanced or need to be changed? or answer in the comments.

• I'm not sure/ I am neutral
    • ORNERY needs buff/nerf
    • RIDER needs buff/nerf
    • PUDGY need buff/nerf

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/20 at 01:30 AM

Always do it. 

I even try to avoid mods for it so I can try to understand better what Klei had intended.

The mechanic is a ton if fun but it has its flaws and annoyances that could easily be prevented.

We need more saddles and tamed koalefant though.

Pudgy is a joke and Default is apparently very underrated.

I really enjoy taming beefalo in the early game (beefalo rushing), often an Ornery beefalo with a glosamer saddle. However, I can understand why people who've never tamed a beefalo look at the activity in a negative light. On paper beefalo taming sounds like a herculean feat. 20 days of constant feeding for a better walking cane? No way! People need better education on virtual cow taming, as it's a very similar thing to how people use mods to "balance out" raid bosses like dragonfly (oh no, 10x health of single player wah) , even though in reality these kind of things aren't too bad with a little practice and grit. 

I never really bothered with it. And now that I main Walter, I don't have much of a reason to try at all.

Because of the fact that a fully fed woby runs faster than any beefalo without a saddle (according to the wiki, I've never actually tried it in game) it's almost better to be Walter than to tame a beefalo, at least in my opinion. Because I don't like to go through the hassle of taming a beefalo when I'm already too busy sailing. Of course beefalo have many other perks tho that all mostly have to do with combat.

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

Pudgy is a joke and Default is apparently very underrated.

I did add default late to the poll, But I think that only helps the statement that it is underrated.

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

We need more saddles and tamed koalefant though.

I do not think more saddles are needed, (other than maybe a back pack type saddle) I think the ones we have now are perfect and only need to be improved on.

Tamed Koalefant could be interesting, could open a lot of doors for more unique/new types of tendencies and gameplay.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:43 PM, Bluepufferfish said:

I really enjoy taming beefalo in the early game (beefalo rushing), often an Ornery beefalo with a glosamer saddle. However, I can understand why people who've never tamed a beefalo look at the activity in a negative light. On paper beefalo taming sounds like a herculean feat. 20 days of constant feeding for a better walking cane? No way! People need better education on virtual cow taming, as it's a very similar thing to how people use mods to "balance out" raid bosses like dragonfly (oh no, 10x health of single player wah) , even though in reality these kind of things aren't too bad with a little practice and grit. 

Heh did you say Glossomers' Rush for an Ornery beefalo? Now that is speaking my language :320200815015007_1.thumb.jpg.eb758058caf4bb4fe5286febdb4e1fc7.jpg

Archived