Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

9 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

any command or setting that delete question mark on things?

TheScrapbookPartitions:DebugUnlockEverything(), it unlocks everything in the scrapbook and removes them

Edited by grm9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grm9 said:

TheScrapbookPartitions:DebugUnlockEverything(), it unlocks everything in the scrapbook and removes them

this is for the question mark above the cave entrance, stage etc right ? i have some that stays even after i examined many of em 

Just now, prettynuggets said:

this is for the question mark above the cave entrance, stage etc right ? i have some that stays even after i examined many of em 

yes, i haven't seen any after using this command

27 minutes ago, grm9 said:

Is there a simple command to reset the scrapbook to restore all of those markers?

3 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

3 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

any command or setting that delete question mark on things?

Is this one not working? It's in advanced settings.
image.png.f9e6924cbfbcce7b7991f039fcf3e894.png

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Just now, Ryusuta said:

So, I defeated Frostjaw for the first time, and the Island broke apart and sunk into the ocean. Is that what's supposed to happen? Does it reappear somewhere else?

Yes, it will(in 20 days).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Yes, it will(in 20 days).

I appreciate it. Two follow-up questions:

1 - Does the island appear in the same place, or somewhere else?
2 - Will I need to fight him again to trade?

16 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

1 - Does the island appear in the same place, or somewhere else?
2 - Will I need to fight him again to trade?

1. somewhere else
  2. yes
On 1/12/2024 at 6:41 PM, Juanasdf said:

Afaik Mosaic always spawns next to the starter biome, so while it might be possible for mosaic to spawn behind them, the starting biome might take priority

Yeah, that's what puzzles me the most. I didn't find anything priority stuff, and the reason it would generate next to the starter biome is the same reason it would generate behind the oasis desert biome.

Edited by Cassielu

46 minutes ago, Cassielu said:
  1. I didn't find anything priority stuff

maybe because spawn is always the first in the list or mosaic chooses which biome to connect to before oasis gets generated

Edited by grm9

Was there a thread about sharing screenshots or is it a mandela something? I wanted to share something and couldn't find it.

What I wanted to share:

Spoiler

20240122162643_1.jpg.e9c5ca7b4cfc7051c5c61d11aa357ecd.jpg

Is this a bug or do frogs normally stare into your soul? Those frogs are completely still, staring at me behind the screen, judging me just like you do. My hp has a reasonable explanation, I swear!
(Also, see those reeds? That's all I got from the swamp of this world T-T)

Edited by SapoLover
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

Was there a thread about sharing screenshots or is it a mandela something? I wanted to share something and couldn't find it.

What I wanted to share:

Reveal hidden contents

20240122162643_1.jpg.e9c5ca7b4cfc7051c5c61d11aa357ecd.jpg

Is this a bug or do frogs normally stare into your soul? Those frogs are completely still, staring at me behind the screen, judging me just like you do. My hp has a reasonable explanation, I swear!
(Also, see those reeds? That's all I got from the swamp of this world T-T)

This is a bug

Okay now I’m just getting seriously ticked off with DST… how in the hell am I supposed to fight Klaus as Willow? This is beyond stupid…

The Coldfire Deer or Whatever you want call him just absolutely melts through her health, and I don’t really think boss fights should require 3 football helmets, 20 bunny stews, 3 Darkswords, 20 cooked cactus flesh, 15 cooked green mushrooms & Panflute to deal with spawned minions.

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.. I can’t even get this guy to his opened belly phase…. Before I Die. Maybe DST is just too hard of a game for me to even be able to play.. idk all that I do know is that I’m extremely frustrated with this boss fight at this point.

• Shopcat 1

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay now I’m just getting seriously ticked off with DST… how in the hell am I supposed to fight Klaus as Willow? This is beyond stupid…

The Coldfire Deer or Whatever you want call him just absolutely melts through her health, and I don’t really think boss fights should require 3 football helmets, 20 bunny stews, 3 Darkswords, 20 cooked cactus flesh, 15 cooked green mushrooms & Panflute to deal with spawned minions.

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.. I can’t even get this guy to his opened belly phase…. Before I Die. Maybe DST is just too hard of a game for me to even be able to play.. idk all that I do know is that I’m extremely frustrated with this boss fight at this point.

Use speed boost items

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The Coldfire Deer or Whatever you want call him just absolutely melts through her health,

dont use bernie. always bring thermal stone.
if the loot stash doesnt spawn along the road u can make and place 4 to 8 cobble road straight line to help u . place fireball on each side, so when u got cold cus the deer attack the fire ball help u gain temperature faster (usually thermal is enough for any other char) but willow take more damage when u froze so the fireball is going to help u more. just changing side when u have no cobble to run to. 

• Big Ups 1

7 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Use speed boost items

I have cobble roads and a cane, the problem is that Willow starts immediately dying when she is getting cold. I can avoid hits from Klaus two swipes all day long, I can even avoid getting caught in the AoE blasts or melee attacks of the gem deer, BUT the cold effect even if I’m nowhere near it… bleeds through her health so fast that I waste through all my healing supplies just trying to survive all the cold damage it’s doing.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have cobble roads and a cane, the problem is that Willow starts immediately dying when she is getting cold. I can avoid hits from Klaus two swipes all day long, I can even avoid getting caught in the AoE blasts or melee attacks of the gem deer, BUT the cold effect even if I’m nowhere near it… bleeds through her health so fast that I waste through all my healing supplies just trying to survive all the cold damage it’s doing.

If you're fast enough you can dodge the freeze effect, taking 0 damage. Even if you can't, it's not that hard to bring a few more pierogis.

42 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What @prettynuggets said is all spot on too.  Put Bernie away, he does not help here.

Timing for blue spell means you need to move as soon as he starts casting it.  Timing for red spell is you get a few extra swings before you need to move.

The timing should become very predictable if you stay in tight to him.  Dodge, attack, dodge, attack, spell iirc.  Spell always alternates.

The deer that is casting cannot attack you, neither can klaus, so you can freely pass on that side staying close to him.

Pro tip - if you cast combust (or anything else to set fire) you can light the blue gem dear on fire.  While its on fire the ice spell will not be available.

Also try prepping trail mix instead of bunny stew.  It means gathering some birchnuts and abstaining from some berries before winter so you can get the ingredients, but they heal more and have a very fast eating animation so you can glup down the healing easier.  OR make a few scotch eggs.  They heal for 60 each, and it just takes a tall bird egg and a few veg.  Really ez recipe.  Upping the healing per eating frees up time for dodging and damages.

imo this was so much better with loot stash blocking his collision.  It added some skillful play to the fight.  RIP

Edited by Yuuko

6 minutes ago, _zwb said:

If you're fast enough you can dodge the freeze effect, taking 0 damage. Even if you can't, it's not that hard to bring a few more pierogis.

How far away from the AoE of the spell do you need to get to avoid taking freezing damage? The Wiki says you only need to move out the colored area by running towards/behind Klaus then attack him but that does NOT work for Willow, the cold AoE still starts killing her.

Also can I kill just ONE of the deer without it mutating him? I mean that just seems logical- Remove one effect status so you ain’t gotta deal with a Katy Perry song.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How far away from the AoE of the spell do you need to get to avoid taking freezing damage?

i guess what zwb means by fast enough u dodging the spell to outside of range of blue gem deer. so it didnt get it casted on u . 

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also can I kill just ONE of the deer without it mutating him?

no

3 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

i guess what zwb means by fast enough u dodging the spell to outside of range of blue gem deer. so it didnt get it casted on u . 

no

How far is Out of its range though?? Like I mean if you run too far Klaus drops his attention from you and goes back to his loot sack. (Actually hilariously threw down a sleeping back for emergency healing when he stopped chasing me and went back to his loot, yes.. you CAN do that, but no… I do not recommend doing it. Lol.) 

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How far away from the AoE of the spell do you need to get to avoid taking freezing damage? The Wiki says you only need to move out the colored area by running towards/behind Klaus then attack him but that does NOT work for Willow, the cold AoE still starts killing her.

If you're moving fast enough you'll leave the range the moment it spawns