Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

13 minutes ago, Clawder said:

Hello everyone. Recently I've seen corck pot recipes scattered around the world either in set pieces or when opening sunken chests. My question is if there is any way to write your own recipes for other players to see.

NO anyway have a nice day :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Can someone pleeeaaaasee explain how dreadstone outcrops work??

Trying to stay on top of them is so confusing and has me running around the caves all the time to check on nightmare fissures while the rift is open. 

how many can u get per rift cycle? What is their cooldown? 

9 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Trying to stay on top of them is so confusing and has me running around the caves all the time to check on nightmare fissures while the rift is open. 

iirc the cd is one day if you don't kill any ink blights or three days otherwise, the first fissure that you come close to gets turned into a dreadstone outcrop so there's no need to search for them, just go to the start of the ruins or the guano biome with fissures

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, grm9 said:

the first fissure that you come close to gets turned into a dreadstone outcrop so there's no need to search for them

Yeah i meant im constantly visiting my nearby fissure to see if a new outcrop can spawn :crushed:

thanks for the info, do you maybe also know how long the rift will last after get the beacon alert? At least this way i can know how many outcrops i can get after this point. 

Rifts need some kind of structure or item to track their progress so bad. This is a such a nuisance. Its twice as bad for the shadow rifts because theyre in the caves T_T

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

thanks for the info, do you maybe also know how long the rift will last after get the beacon alert? At least this way i can know how many outcrops i can get after this point

each phase of the rift lasts 4-5 days, it's location gets revealed on the map after it enters the last phase so it'll be active for 4-5 days before closing for 5 days and then being active for 12-15 days again 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Rifts need some kind of structure or item to track their progress so bad.

I agree! I love when there are in-game items to track these things, so people dont need to rely on a mod or the wiki to tell them.

Maybe an upgrade to the Thulecite Medallion using 1 Dreadstone? :wilson_lightbulb:

I've been playing pub games much more often lately (xbox) 

Wtf is with the community though 

I probably get banned on 70% of the games I join within the 1st day 

And it's not for trolling or being bad or anything. 

Is there something inherently wrong with the playerbase on console? 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Kwaik said:

I've been playing pub games much more often lately (xbox) 

Is there something inherently wrong with the playerbase on console? 

Pubs don’t exist on Xbox. These are servers hosted by Klei that seem to be only available on PC & PlayStation (uncertain of Nintendo..) that continue to exist regardless of how many players are in or are not in the server.

What we have on Xbox is instead Player Hosted worlds (Worlds that must have a host and when that host quits playing the world kicks everyone that was playing out the server)

However, your free to join my sessions when I’m playing if you’d like.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Pubs don’t exist on Xbox. These are servers hosted by Klei

no, "pub" means "public server", so any server which's visibility is set to public and which doesn't have a password or which's password is in it's name or description        

Edited by grm9

18 minutes ago, Kwaik said:

I think it's similar for all platforms, they leave it open by default so there's no need to fiddle with the settings and it's easier for friends to join. Kicking strangers comes from the paranoia of getting griefed as they've probably been burned at least once.

Hopefully you can find a few good worlds to stick to, but there's always hosting your own if you don't mind or can work around others.

4 hours ago, Ohan said:

I am horrible at finding the rift to clear it and the one that spawns the trio de-spawns when you defeat them so you gotta do the torch and mining while they're there...

I just repeat nmwp and dupe with green gems.  I fight the trio, but I don't deal with miasma or outcrops at all.

I've heard that opening a fridge temporarily cancels it's effect while it's open, is this true? If it is true, do any other items follow this behavior like the salt box?

19 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

I am horrible at finding the rift to clear it and the one that spawns the trio de-spawns when you defeat them so you gotta do the torch and mining while they're there...

they dont despawn no matter how far away you lead them, so it is possible to take them a few screens away and then run back and mine the outcrop :>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yuuko said:

I just repeat nmwp and dupe with green gems.  I fight the trio, but I don't deal with miasma or outcrops at all.

Im not even after it for the dreadstone :crushed: I need dark tatters to fuel the scythe, cowl and umbralla:wilson_cry: 

After my first shadow rift i managed to craft the cowl/scythe/umbralla with con amulets for the ones with multiple tatters. But i got to kill the trio only twice during this cycle so im really low on repair kits :wilson_cry:

Checked back multiple times 4-5ish days after rift closing and no new outcrop. 

This is sooooo annoying :crushed:

Brightshade materials r so much easier to get.

——

WRT mining the outcrop, im playing Willow rn and bernie makes for a really great distraction. I can crawl up to the outcrop and mine it with a pick/axe with mostly no worries. 

Idek why i do it though since i already have both dreadstone armors and im not looking to build those pillars anytime soon :lol:

In my older worm and wicker worlds where I have acces to BS bombs ill chuck one of those at the outcrop. 

• Like 1

I'm asking this because Switch console players already have enough going against them... If I wanted to unlock the lunar or shadow skill-tree for a given character could I hypothetically load my Wanda game where I'm about to fight Celestial Champion, load another character, say Willow, go on to beat Celestial Champion with Wanda rollback and load a different character such as Wigfrid to rinse and repeat?

5 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

I'm asking this because Switch console players already have enough going against them... If I wanted to unlock the lunar or shadow skill-tree for a given character could I hypothetically load my Wanda game where I'm about to fight Celestial Champion, load another character, say Willow, go on to beat Celestial Champion with Wanda rollback and load a different character such as Wigfrid to rinse and repeat?

No need for cheats.  For some reason klei decided to make the perks unlocked forever once you defeat the bosses with 1 character in 1 world

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

No need for cheats.  For some reason klei decided to make the perks unlocked forever once you defeat the bosses with 1 character in 1 world

I kind of get the feeling that Klei may be designing DST around the idea that players use the Celestial Portal for character swapping and thus: Picking the Character who is most suited for any particular job within the game.

(Just hear me out for second)

First off being able to switch characters is a super super powerful perk to have, I mean just look at all the LATE GAME content, it’s all Medicore gear and armors compared to literally being able to swap characters.. I feel like of the Celestial Portal were added to the game TODAY that it would be locked behind killing the Celestial Champion first.

However it’s not, & since it’s not.. I can only guess that Klei fully intends early game character swapping.

So if a player wants to go smack up CC they can take a Warly food buffed Wolfgang to easily dispatch of him.

If a player wants to interact with Water Logged biome without getting ruthlessly smacked up by Water Gliding spiders, they’ll switch to Webber. Etc etc..

I don’t know if that’s the way Klei designed it or not.. but I know that each character is supposed to be able to perform certain in game roles in superior ways to other characters.

Wolfgang being the designated Boss Killer whose entire “gimmick” is to lower their health by half.

Wendys entire gimmick is to deal with large groups of mobs (which is why Abigail has a shield for mob damage & Bernie does not..)

That’s be my best guess as to why affinities aren’t locked per character anyway.

Is it true that Pearl can give the sawhorse blueprint only once in a server at all?

If so then someone can just grab the BP from Pearl and dip the server, locking everyone else in the server from the sawhorse crafting tab permanently.

I had a situation where I built pearl a ruins chair in a pub server but she did not give me a BP since someone else already built her a ruins chair.

6 minutes ago, Wurtstool said:

Is it true that Pearl can give the sawhorse blueprint only once in a server at all?

No

6 minutes ago, Wurtstool said:

I had a situation where I built pearl a ruins chair in a pub server but she did not give me a BP since someone else already built her a ruins chair.

I think the blueprint quest is currently bugged, I'll check its code later

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wurtstool said:

I had a situation where I built pearl a ruins chair in a pub server but she did not give me a BP since someone else already built her a ruins chair

she has a day long cd for sitting on a chair and she only gives a blueprint after attempting to sit so if a wood chair was left on the island, you need to remove it and wait a day for her to try to sit on the ruins replica chair

• Sad Dupe 1

57 minutes ago, grm9 said:

she has a day long cd for sitting on a chair and she only gives a blueprint after attempting to sit

That's not the case, she only gives blueprint when you build a replica chair and haven't leaned saw horse blueprint.

In line 847 of hermitcrab.lua there's an event listener for "CHEVO_makechair", and that's only pushed when you build chairs. The timer has no effect on that.

Also I just noticed Klei put the same timer on her twice, another bug to report

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _zwb said:

That's not the case, she only gives blueprint when you build a replica chair and haven't leaned saw horse blueprint.

In line 847 of hermitcrab.lua there's an event listener for "CHEVO_makechair", and that's only pushed when you build chairs. The timer has no effect on that.

Also I just noticed Klei put the same timer on her twice, another bug to report

nvm, i've confused her not giving the blueprint with her not sitting on the wood chair until a day after trying to sit on the ruins replica chair   

1 hour ago, Wurtstool said:

I've checked how pearl rewards blueprints, if there's a sawhorse blueprint on island, even in containers/inventory, she will not give you a blueprint. If you build a chair too far away from the island she will also not give you a blueprint.

I think it might be the first one, or it could be a mod issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1