What Is Wrong With Webber Players

Last night I played on a new built server. I builded a base and I gave few items to new players but after 30 seconds one webber joined to the game. I said it's great bc I was play with Walter and I'm not a good fighter but I also remembered webber players are really selfish. After few seconds He planted spider eggs around. I warn him to not plant eggs near to base but he didn't cared and few spiders started attack me. I hadn't have any meat to turn Woby a mount. I said him to kill those but he didn't cared. After killing them, another player entered game and choosed webber again. And those guys filled base with eggs, again. I died and those guys taked all drops. I revived and told them give me my slingshot back but they didn't even care. He weared my hat and changed all base. Another one used all slingshot bullets on birds (wtf) I never get angrier before. I asked them for flint so I can make a new slingshot but they didn't care me. They locked all my chest. I never saw that kind of toxic parasite player type. I had that problem before too. They don't care about anything and their only teammate is spiders.

You just met rude players. I play Webber and handle stuff pretty well. Webber has the advantage of spawning 3 enemies at once at you- if they gang up against others it's a crap behaviour. But it's players fault, not the characters. 

Is not being a Webber player, but being a mean person. Just Webber seems to be handy to play mean, since he had on beginning some spider eggs. I have friend who mains Webber, and besides that she is clumsy, she is the best friend... and the main reason why she choose Webber is because he is absolutely adorable child.

The thing about Webber players is that Webber mains with a little experience are generally upstanding people, just as much as players who prefer any other character... but it's easy for Webber players who are clueless or selfish to cause problems for everyone else by failing to take into account that they're the only one who's immune to spiders or not realising how far the spiders travel from their den. And griefers coming to the server with malice aforethought compound the apparent problem, since it's easy to cause problems on purpose with Webber's starting items and abilities.

I can't tell from your description whether these people were griefers trying to be subtle or just jerks, but I've seen everything except the spider-egg-planting (actually, maybe that too, there was this one guy who insisted the admin had told him to plant spider dens and that I was the one in the wrong for destroying one) from people who weren't playing Webber. A Wigfrid who took all my stuff when I died, a Walter who grabbed all the good stuff out of the chests at base and wouldn't give it back or do anything helpful with it, the list goes on.

Yeah evercharacter can be jerk but characters like webber have more jerk potential. They wasn't want to sh*t on my gameplay bc they keep playing after I leave server. They just love being parasite. Another characters have to live with others but webber don't have to do it. Maybe an update make him more friendly. Until that time, I will keep banning Webbers :)

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

Yeah evercharacter can be jerk but characters like webber have more jerk potential. They wasn't want to sh*t on my gameplay bc they keep playing after I leave server. They just love being parasite. Another characters have to live with others but webber don't have to do it. Maybe an update make him more friendly. Until that time, I will keep banning Webbers :)

A just joined weeber has only 1 nest that when is planted only has 3 spiders. If he is a jerk just destroy the nest and he will leave (i dont believe that a jerk will keep playing to farm more nest)

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

A just joined weeber has only 1 nest that when is planted only has 3 spiders. If he is a jerk just destroy the nest and he will leave (i dont believe that a jerk will keep playing to farm more nest)

Heh, I once had a Wilderness server to which a Webber joined and kept dying like 30 times despite our efforts through directions to base, map icons, flares etc. When he finally joined the camp, we discovered that he planted a new spider nest each spawn and the whole map was brim filled with spider camps in many random places.

Just be the host. Say "no Webber server" and ban anyone who plays Webber. It is important to say that it is a no Webber server, otherwise it is just rude to instantly ban someone. They will know that they should not join and they will find another server without any problem.

50 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Heh, I once had a Wilderness server to which a Webber joined and kept dying like 30 times despite our efforts through directions to base, map icons, flares etc. When he finally joined the camp, we discovered that he planted a new spider nest each spawn and the whole map was brim filled with spider camps in many random places.

when i join pvp wilderness servers i find it completely fine to spawn as webber and nonstop plant spiders if there’s toxic people 

otherwise just spawn as characters with helpfull drops like maxwell and wigfrid 

19 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

I thought that only Walter could use the slingshot? I'm not saying that trolls/inconsiderate players don't exist, but you sure you're not exaggerating at all?

1- I only had 10 pebbles, also using pebbles at birds don't make sense. They are jerk. I could craft slingshot if they would want.

2- We was in the first day and playing Walter without slingshot is very dangerous.  Also he can't craft pellets, why don't he give me that weapon? This is sick

3- Crafting slingshot is really dangerous. Also they took all flints, I can't even craft a spear. Yeah, I'm exaggerating, I could punch creatures.

Umm... how did they lock your chests? is the only REAL question I have but-

Webber only spawns with one spider egg nest, and it’s always a tier 1 spider nest, you only need to smack 3 spiders and then destroy the nest to kill it, you can then either A: Do like I do and burn the nest as a fire source and tell the player they shouldn’t have planted it in my base if they wanted to keep it, or B: give it back to them and politely tell them to go place it somewhere further away from your base, or C: Put pig houses right near your base either as a decoration or to prevent Webber, Wurt and Wortox players from coming around.

The next time this happens to you run the spiders away from their nest (just hit the nest once and all 3 spiders will come out) they chase you in a straight line predictable and boring A.I. pattern and as with anything in this game... if you run far enough away in a straight line it’ll eventually lose interest in you and go away.. as it is going away- 3 spear hits and it’s dead, alternatively you can just run them far enough away from their nest then circle back around.. quickly destroy the nest and the spiders will fall asleep on the ground with no home to retreat back into.

(I main Wendy.. but I know how to deal with most threats without needing Abigail to assist me.)

Also: Don’t craft slingshots as Walter for Anyone who is not also playing as Walter.. they can equip them but they can’t actually use them.. it’s stupid- Klei should change it.. 

I made the mistake of crafting stacks of these and giving them to random people that joined my world regardless of what character they were playing as thinking that Walter would actually be USEFUL to a team.. it seems Walters only Team usefulness is telling campfire stories and letting others store stuff in Woby.

but yeah.

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

1- I only had 10 pebbles, also using pebbles at birds don't make sense. They are jerk. I could craft slingshot if they would want.

Again, I'm not saying that they weren't being jerks, but it's impossible for a Webber to use the slingshot so it sounds like you're making this part up.

11 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

I mean, sometimes you gotta put your foot down. If the Webber has planted spiders right near your base, it’s your duty to destroy that nest.

Or.. Klei’s Webber Rework could do what it always should have done in the first place- Any Spider Nests planted by Webber should be Neutral too all players and instantly befriended without needing to punch the nest, piss the spiders off then calm them down with Monster Meat.

actually come to think of it that would be a nice QoL feature ALL Around to ask for with this game- if your playing PVP all things should work as they do now.. but if your playing COOP then any spider dens places by Webber, Merm Shacks placed by Wurt or Pig Houses placed by non monster characters should instantly be neutral to all characters.

(only the ones directly CRAFTED and PLACED by a Player... all natural spawning nests, shacks and houses will still function as they do now.)

This would allow me to continue to build my pretty Canadiana Skin pig houses in my base and NOT have to groan and revive the Webber, Wurt or Wortox mains who join my server and get murdered by them instantaneously.

It also prevents- Webber’s from grieving non-Webber’s.

Also if Klei creates a Playable Catcoon type survivor with craftable Catcoon den... this would also prevent Catcoon den grief if on Wortox and Webber players.

Its a QoL thing that SHOULD happen to make Cooperative team play, a little more Coop friendly. Thanks.

All placed mob structures by a player outside of PvP should be naturally friendly to all players regardless of if human, monster, Merm or Catcoon.

If you created the server you can easily stop them and fix things, or gtfo if you didnt because things will likely get worse after not listening to you. Trolling and bad manners are part of any multiplayer game unfortunately because kids.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Or.. Klei’s Webber Rework could do what it always should have done in the first place- Any Spider Nests planted by Webber should be Neutral too all players and instantly befriended without needing to punch the nest, piss the spiders off then calm them down with Monster Meat.

actually come to think of it that would be a nice QoL feature ALL Around to ask for with this game- if your playing PVP all things should work as they do now.. but if your playing COOP then any spider dens places by Webber, Merm Shacks places by Wurt or Pig Houses places by non monster characters should instantly be neutral to all characters.

(only the ones directly CRAFTED and PLACED by a Player... all natural spawning nests, shacks and houses will still function as they do now.)

This would allow me to continue to build my pretty Canadiana Skin pig houses in my base and NOT have to groan and revive the Webber, Wurt or Wortox mains who join my server and get murdered by them instantaneously.

It also prevents- Webber’s from grieving non-Webber’s.

Also if Klei creates a Playable Catcoon type survivor with craftable Catcoon den... this would also prevent Catcoon den grief if on Wortox and Webber players.

Its a QoL thing that SHOULD happen to make Cooperative team play, a little more Coop friendly. Thanks.

All placed mob structures by a player outside of PvP should be naturally friendly to all players regardless of if human, monster, Merm or Catcoon.

That would just be a bad addition/“QoL.” Players would get confused by which spiders are friendly and which are hostile, which could lead to being attacked unexpectedly. The same applies for bunnymen, merms, and pigs. 

Besides, it would probably get super annoying having spiders and pigs running around my base and eating everywhere on the floor.

But I digress, this is off topic. Just be mindful of where you place structures.

2 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

That was just be confusing in general. Players could get confused by which spiders are friendly and which are hostile, which could lead to being attacked unexpectedly. The same applies for bunnymen, merms, and pigs. 

Besides, it would probably get super annoying having spiders and pigs running around my base and eating everywhere on the floor.

But I digress, this is off topic.

Not really, Wurts shacks look distinctly different from a normal Merm shack, And player placed structures could look different too- yes we have the clean sweep that changes an items skin but.. it won’t let Wurt turn normal Merm shacks into her version- Webber’s Spider nest could simply look different from a regular nest and you’d be able to easily tell the difference between which nest is going to maul your face in and which ones are neutral to you.

It just makes me so very sad when I’ve gone out of my way to set up 30-50 pig houses right at the spawn portal so the base has endless supplies of pig skin and meaty stews, and pig warrior belts- Only to have a Wurt, Webber or Wortox join my game and be ran out of my “Hamlet Village” because the pigs want to murder them relentlessly.

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It just makes me so very sad when I’ve gone out of my way to set up 30-50 pig houses right at the spawn portal so the base has endless supplies of pig skin and meaty stews, and pig warrior belts- Only to have a Wurt, Webber or Wortox join my game and be ran out of my “Hamlet Village” because the pigs want to murder them relentlessly.

So maybe don’t build them right at the spawn gate?

2 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

Again, I'm not saying that they weren't being jerks, but it's impossible for a Webber to use the slingshot so it sounds like you're making this part up.

Yeah, it really does sound like OP either made that part up completely or it was a second Walter player who did it and OP decided to blame Webber instead.

Archived