Do you think Klei will surprise us with something for August QoL?

With the latest QoL update came compedium and its lore which I personally liked very much. And so I was wondering if Klei will introduce something new that wasn't specifically requested by the community.

What do yall think?

I really hope they bring something solid to the table of changes. Sure, compendium and all that stuff is pretty nifty, but in the end the somewhat of gameplay changes were for two items, those being thul club and insulated pack. Not to sound unappreciative, but making something that affects the gameplay more rather than in-game screen and menu would be more welcome to me, atleast in my opinion.

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I really hope they bring something solid to the table of changes. Sure, compendium and all that stuff is pretty nifty, but in the end the somewhat of gameplay changes were for two items, those being thul club and insulated pack. Not to sound unappreciative, but making something that affects the gameplay more rather than in-game screen and menu would be more welcome to me, atleast in my opinion.

Well they also added favorite foods for everyone so there's also that.

That's a pretty fun addition to gameplay from that QoL update.

I’m going to safely go ahead and say the rest of the beard skins and possibly the rest of Abigails missing flowers.

2 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

So Completely random season and completely random season lengths meant nothing to you?

So long as vegetables/farming gets some love, I’ll be happy. What am I saying? It’s Klei. Whatever they bring I’m sure it will be very pleasant. 

That being said I’m not expecting too much since they did mention that they are gonna be giving themselves a little break, so minor tweaks and changes are likely gonna be the theme. 

I would love some updates to the sprites of crop seeds and growth cycles, similar to the ones of the Gorge. It would be an easy update and most of the sprites already exist, also, they could finally introduce wheat.

It would be cool to have a Gorge like farming system. Maybe not to replace the the one that we already have, but as an alternative. The till would only work on some turfs and plants that grow outside of basic and improved farms would wilt like in the Gorge. This would keep farms as a relevant mechanic, and tilling an early game option with an even slower growth rate.

I really hope they will make skins displayed on the player indicator and in the player list when clicking TAB ( Default ). Helps me and many others with choosing skins in the character select screen before spawning in the world. Nobody wants to have the same skin as somebody else until they eventually are able to craft a wardrobe.

As much as I'd love for there to be a surprise for us, I wanna be fair to Klei and not expect a bamboozle big update. As long as this QoL is meaningful to gameplay, I'm happy with it. These are tough times and I don't think it's fully fair to expect too much from everyone, as much as I'd love to get a big update in august.

The main thing about a QoL update to me is having noticeable differences that are both easy to implement and are liked by the community.

A good example of this was the recipe tweaks. The marble suit and insulated pack both got lesser costs, and all it took was a line of code to adjust the recipe part. It was simple to program, but a nice change for many.

As a result, I keep my standards to relatively simple additions that don't need entirely new items or structures. Something that would both be a positive change to a lot of people, and also wouldn't take too long to program and test the results. Pretty good examples are setting mushlights/glowcaps to be infinite, or adding drop loot to the houndious.

As for if they add new helpful items/structures, l will be hopeful for them, but I won't be disappointed if there isn't anything new added. 

The random season and random season lengths were a HUGE deal for console players, we now have completely unpredictable chaos when it comes to Weather seasons.

(Most PC Players did not notice this new addition in the settings menu because they already had a mod that did this installed)

But for console players This is something that could be expanded upon by also giving us the option for completely random times of day.. (Yet another thing PC already has as a Mod) but could go into this lovely little menu full of things we can toggle before hosting our worlds.

Ive said this before and you’ve probably heard it a million times but I’ll say it again- Xbox one does not have Klei official or Dedicated servers, our sessions are hosted by a HOST player and when the host stops playing and leaves the game it kicks EVERYONE out the game.

The Host has this lovely little menu full of things they can toggle on and off, More, Less, Longer, Shorter, Random prior to hosting their world.. And it’s these settings ALONE that define how Easy or How hard the server you join is.

Hate the additional challenges of Summer and Winter? Toggle them off and play a peaceful game of Autumn only.

a particular enemy type has your number and you die often and unexpectedly to them ?(such as me and damn MacTusks) Toggle less or None of them.

Are you craving for MORE of a challenge and want completely random changing seasons? Now thanks to the “Random” option prior to hosting you can have just exactly that!

Some of you may even recall me heavily criticizing Wurts release and how I was upset that she had all these amazing upsides and her only downside was “Winter..” I Criticized this because back THEN I knew EXACTLY what day Winter began and ended on.. and before it ever even arrived I would have everything I needed set up to endure the entire season.

Klei’s May QoL update added the option of RANDOM for Weather Season and Season length.. Which had me eating those words when I had 1 day of Autumn, 1 day of Spring and then on day 3.. a long and grueling Winter as Wurt.

——————————

Another thing I wanted to discuss is Klei said they would take a break from the large Return of Them themed content updates and the character reworks to do an August QoL update that allows them to do things that they have been wanting to do with the game but haven’t had time out of their busy content schedule to do.

This could mean anything.... literally anything at all- While I don’t want to get ANYONE’s hopes up too much on a large update, this means that literally any patches, updates or additional content they’ve been planing to add to the game OUTSIDE of RoT could appear here. Such as adding more content to the otherwise lacking in content (when compared to Winter) seasons of Summer & Spring.

This is extremely unlikely.. but still a possibility. But like I said- Don't get too excited, it’s better to expect less and be pleasantly surprised when or if you get more, then it is to expect a whole lot and be disappointed when it doesn’t live up to what your expecting.

57 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

yo, just saying but maybe you oughtn't use so much hyperbole and declarative exaggeration? you are being really awkward when you loudly and directly claim the bulk of pc players actually care about all of the same things you yourself favor and as such all use mods to make their games run in line with your personal preference. you do it on a lot of your comments even when it hasn't anything to do with the topic at hand and it is really uncomfortable to see happening over and over and over and over and over and over again

also i am not sure how console has it but on pc you can make these world-gen choices only one time before the world is generated then you are stuck with whatever you pick.

5 minutes ago, gaymime said:

you can make these world-gen choices only one time before the world is generated then you are stuck with whatever you pick.

It’s the same way on console, the difference is that our sessions (& in most cases worlds) only last for as long as you play in them that day..

For example- if I join a guy named JimmyJohnBeans782’s game (to the best of my knowledge no such gamertag exists if it does sorry.) then my play time in JimmyJohns server is limited to when JimmyJohn is actually logged online and playing DST, Unlike on PC where you can join Dedicated or official servers that continue to exist even after the host has exited the game.

When you join JimmyJohns session you do so with the knowledge that the world your playing in and putting your time into will not be playable to you until JimmyJohn logs back online, assuming Of course that JimmyJohn isn’t one of those casual players who dies as soon as Winter starts and then quits the game to join someone else’s world.

I suppose that if you have long lasting worlds that you intend to keep and continue playing in, that World Gen Settings would be of no use to you because you can not edit, modify or change those settings after the worlds already been created. 

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s the same way on console, the difference is that our sessions (& in most cases worlds) only last for as long as you play in them that day..

For example- if I join a guy named JimmyJohnBeans782’s game (to the best of my knowledge no such gamertag exists if it does sorry.) then my play time in JimmyJohns server is limited to when JimmyJohn is actually logged online and playing DST, Unlike on PC where you can join Dedicated or official servers that continue to exist even after the host has exited the game.

When you join JimmyJohns session you do so with the knowledge that the world your playing in and putting your time into will not be playable to you until JimmyJohn logs back online, assuming Of course that JimmyJohn isn’t one of those casual players who dies as soon as Winter starts and then quits the game to join someone else’s world.

Literally the same thing happens on PC. Dedicated Servers almost never make it to the first Summer, and sessions hosted by players are restricted in the same way.

7 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Literally the same thing happens on PC. Dedicated Servers almost never make it to the first Summer, and sessions hosted by players are restricted in the same way.

to be fair the unprofessional server made it past 3400 days before it was refitted to RoT and several other social servers did manage more than 3 in-game years before the updating(which, by the way, super sucked. for hours there were like only two servers up and both were chinese-language only)

15 minutes ago, gaymime said:

to be fair the unprofessional server made it past 3400 days before it was refitted to RoT and several other social servers did manage more than 3 in-game years before the updating(which, by the way, super sucked. for hours there were like only two servers up and both were chinese-language only)

These are such fringe cases that happen extremely rarely or only on heavily moderated servers.

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Umm guys, just to clarify, by 'Klei will surprise us' I meant 'They'll add something that wasn't really requested' not 'They'll turn QoL update into a new content update'. 

Ah... well it is definitely in the realm of possibilities. If that's the case it is likely going to be something people complained about awhile ago but have since stopped bringing it up on the forums. For instance the whole thing where you can place an ice box closer to a crock pot than you can a crock pot to an ice box or something like that. Of course, that being said if they do surprise us I hope it is nothing too big on their part. If the only thing they pump out in August is tweaking a couple lines of code and nothing more I wouldn't be mad. They earned a month or two to take a breather.

I really hope they add a work around or alternative to obtaining the sketches needed to spawn the shadow clockworks. Sure they fixed the console world gen problems of not having all 3 suspicious marble pieces spawn or not having all 3 broken statues spawn. But there are still remaining issues that can completely prevent you from fighting shadow clockworks and by extension Fuelweaver. Such as suspicious marble pieces getting stuck in the ocean in areas that are unobtainable with the pinchin' winch. Or having your broken statues spawn in a meteor field, repairing them, then leaving the area and while you are away meteors destroy the statues but the suspicious marble pieces don't drop as intended. Either way you then have no way at all to do the shadow clockwork and Fuelweaver fights due to some (while rare) very frustrating and obscure bugs. Either fix the rare bugs or add an alternative method of obtaining the sketches is all we (as in those of us who have had worlds ruined due to these things) ask for.

Archived